OFFL East Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Colemanchu, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

OFFL East Recruiting Thread

This is a place wher we can discuss recruits and ask any questions about the recruiting restrictions

2. RazorFang

RazorFang Walk On

5* recruits?

What 5* recruits will you guys be chasing this season? I myself am chasing DT Isaiah Blanco from Oak Creek, WI. I'm a firm believer in building from the inside out.

My chances are probably slim, though, seeing that he doesn't have me on his top 10.

I also let Philip Charles, the #1 overall prospect, know that I was interested. Now he's a real long shot, but it's worth a feeler.

How 'bout you guys?

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Notre Dame will be pursuing a few. Of the 5-star celebrity recruits, we have a chance at CB Rogers, OLB Phillips, K Avery and MLB Charles.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I really need halfbacks but there is none interested in me. I'm basically going after anybody I can get and hope they can contribute in their second or third year.

5. geauxtigers810

geauxtigers810 Walk On

Clemson needs OLB. Too bad there is no interest from anyone with more than 3 stars... at any position. I don't think we're a threat for any bonus recruits.

6. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Same for Georgia Tech my friend, only 3 & 4 stars interested. Hell, I don't have 1 5 star interested in Georgia Tech but I have 1 or 2 interested in my horrible TeamBuilder squad.
    I will get my team up to the top level eventually but the new recruiting bonuses really favor the power house recruiting schools like ND, OSU, USC, UF, LSU in the first few years. These teams are way more likely to get interest from all "celebrity" recruits and the 10, 20, 30 guys. There will be some early years were a couple of these powerhouse recruiting schools post 3 or 4 5stars and the rest of us get 1 or 0. That will just add to the fun of slowly climbing the ranks.

7. Juggernautblitz

I never played through 09 enough to know if there is any chance of landing a top recruit that you start out outside their top 10. Can you go from no interest to being in their top 10 and landing them if you spend enough time and recruit right?

8. Razcalking1978

I found it hit-or-miss. If you can get in their Top 10 in the first week or two, you have a shot. After that, he's likely never going to be interested in your team.

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea usually i wouldn't even go for one unless they were instate or pipeline or neighboring one of my pipeline states.

Also, is this where we post our commitments?

10. Razcalking1978

Most teams will start up their own recruiting threads in the Scouting Reports section.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That 270 lb TE you are recruiting Juggernaut will look real good in the fleXbox One.

12. Razcalking1978

Oddly enough, the fleXbox One formation has NO TEs in it.

13. Juggernautblitz

Yeah, I have no TE's on my roster and I'm sure that if I don't recruit a couple that they will bless me with a couple of walk-ons to put me over the 70 limit.

14. Juggernautblitz

Let's get this recruiting thread back up and running.
    I am pissed about losing a CPU game in another league so gonna bitch about recruiting too.
    ND loses out on another "celebrity" recruit as the #2 overall recruit, a FB, switches from ND to sign with Texas. ND finished #2, #2 and #3 on the top 3 overall recruits and lost out on another "free" 5 star guard to OU. The fans and boosters are not happy with the direction this Irish team is heading.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I landed the bonus CB, but the OLB that I really want just soft committed to OU. I had a lot of recruits in for my game against Miss St. week 5, but my team choked in my absence.

16. Juggernautblitz

Notre Dame recruiting

Commitments

4 star
    Alex Murray #8 OLB
    Greg Smith #3 HB
    Jeff Weber #4 DT
    Nick Bozeman #15 WR

5 star
    Jeff Jones #1 FS

17. Bighoff63

Bighoff63 VA is coming your way!

Lousiville Commitments so far

3*
    John Brooks, #17 ATH, Visalia CA
    Michael Burley, #57 TE, Brownsburg IN (Juco)
    Travis Hampton, #32 OLB, Trussville AL
    Marquice Parker, #11 MLB, Deland FL
    Isaac Davis, #29 CB, Napili-Honowai HI

Brooks was a week 1 commit, the rest signed after I beat Cincinnati 36-30 in the game they attended. Still looking for more speed hopefully I can get at least a few 4* and or 5* players this year.

18. Bighoff63

Bighoff63 VA is coming your way!

Louisville Commitments so far

3*
    John Brooks, #17 ATH, Visalia CA
    Michael Burley, #57 TE, Brownsburg IN (Juco)
    Travis Hampton, #32 OLB, Trussville AL
    Marquice Parker, #11 MLB, Deland FL
    Isaac Davis, #29 CB, Napili-Honowai HI

Brooks was a week 1 commit, the rest signed after I beat Cincinnati 36-30 in the game they attended. Still looking for more speed hopefully I can get at least a few 4* and or 5* players this year.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

BOOOOOOOOO YEAH! LSU blows up OU's soft committ and snags OLB Briggs. If you want to know how special this kid is just take a look at the freshman that FSU got last year. I expect this kid to come in at 85+ overall. First time I can remember in this years game that a stole a player after he was soft comitted to another team.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have lost players with soft commits in this year's game and have also acquired players who soft committed to other schools. These thefts do not include any players who visted the signing school that particular week. The one that jumps out is a 4* SS that I was recruiting with my Ohio State team. He was 6'6'' 230 B+ coverage skills and B+ speed. I had him 3rd on my board but he signed with another school despite soft committing to OSU.

21. Juggernautblitz

Are we using this thread to keep everyone's recruiting updated throughout the year?

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Dang LSU had 43 recruits who had them number 1. 6 of them made my board but I was still unable to get any insta commits.. Anyone else have any luck?

23. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

No luck - but on the move as New Jersey is gaining popularity thanks to Jersey Shore - haha

24. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

No insta commits and only 1 guy with Va Tech as number 1 (that was worthwhile). I thought after a BCS title the world would be my oyster?!

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You got to stop sending Beemer out on recruiting trips. His mug is scaring the crap out of kids.