OFFL Mid-Major Announcements

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Jul 10, 2009.

1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

OFFL Mid-Major Announcements

All important Mid-Major news will be posted here. Check in often for the latest on the OFFL Mid-Majors.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

We are full! (12/12)

As of this writing on the early morning of July 15th, 2009, the OFFL Mid-Majors is full...Let's just hope we can keep it that way!

3. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Everyone be sure you read Archie Griffin's post at the top of this thread listing about the OFFL launch date...Must read!

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Reports of named rosters are now coming out...Shane mentioned one in the "welcome" thread and others are starting to be talked about. Keep your eyes open for them...

Look for a Heisman article I've done to be up on the OFFL site soon...One of your players MAY be on there.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Go read the updated "Dynasty Descriptions & Rules" up at the top of these forums...It's a "must read". All rules are set out there as are the new recruiting rules. Be sure you read the rules a few times and make sure you understand them.

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Be sure you go into the "Game Summaries" section at the top of the threads and start your team's "Recruiting and Game Summaries" for 2009...Follow my directions so we can keep a nice and neat order.

Thanks...

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I have the OS Community rosters downloaded to my profile...They're really good.

Expect to fire the dynasty up very soon. Be sure to come back here often for updates about what we're doing and when, etc.

These forums are going to be my main way to communicate what's going on with the league. I'm not going to chase you down on XBL to get you to come here for info. You've been warned.

I'm pumped!

8. Jackwacker

Jackwacker Noob

Ive seen the OS rosters already have some changes to them. Which ones are we going to go live with?

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I've got Carson3's...Is there anything major for our teams? I'm guessing not...I'm just about to send out invites in the next few minutes. I'll run by OS to check it out then will go from there.

We'll be playing on Heisman...I've adjusted the sliders. Here they are:

Sliders
    Offense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    QB Accuracy 50 40
    Pass Block 60 45
    WR Catching 55 50
    RB Ability 75 60
    Run Blocking 60 50
    Defense Human CPU[/U][/B]
    Awareness 55 40
    Knockdowns 40 40
    Interceptions 55 45
    Break Block 60 50
    Tackling 50 45
    Special Teams Human CPU[/U][/B]
    FG Power 45 45
    FG Accuracy 40 45
    P Power 50 50
    P Accuracy 40 40
    Kickoff Power 50 50

**Expect adjustments to the sliders as we go along, esp. in the first few weeks...

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Invites sent! Go accept yours...Do your preseason stuff. We'll look to start Week 1 on Sunday, probably in the morning then we'll start Week 2 on Thursday and so on...Remember to review the new recruiting rules. We've all got plenty of time to recruit, update your "Recruiting & Game Summaries" section with your prospects, etc.

Go!

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sliders adjusted again...See the Dynasty Description for the updated version.

12. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

What new recruiting rules. Is there something different than what's in the league description?

13. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

No, I'm just emphasizing the recruiting rules for everyone since it's a new concept to most or all of us...

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Week 1 is up!

Advance next Thursday evening around 10pm (cen)...

15. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

AWESOME! It's go time...

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sliders and level of gameplay adjusted this week...

Since most OFFL leagues are running on AA at this time, I bumped down the MM's to AA with very adjusted sliders...It was basically a concensus that Maynard's sliders were pretty good so I used them and made a few tweaks.

This will likely be an issue that sees a few more adjustments before we settle on one good set...Thanks for understanding.

JHeb

17. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Sliders bumped up a bit from last week...Items adjusted were:

CPU QB ACC +10 (25)
    CPU RB ABI +10 (70)
    CPU RUSH DEF +10 (60)
    USER PASS RUSH -10 (90)

18. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

TCU and Houston are now manned by the CPU. The OFFL MM is now at 10 of 12 slots full. One pending new member as UNLV. I'll update as needed.

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Everyone, welcome BallsOut892 to the OFFL MM...He'll be taking on UNLV in the Mountain West.

Welcome Balls!

20. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Heya Balls - welcome to the OFFL.

21. BaLLsOuT892

BaLLsOuT892 Guest

Thanks.

Looking forward to playing with all of you guys! Hopefully I can get UNLV out of this 0-2 hole! Got a very winnable game this week though.

22. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Guys, welcome Jobe111 as the newest member of the OFFL MM. He'll take over the CUSA West slot we had open. Not sure of his team yet but that'll all be taken care of tomorrow.

Welcome!

23. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Looks like Jobe111 has decided to NOT join us...Never responded to me after I told him he was in...Odd.

24. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Reminder:

Everyone needs to do a game summary after all games...I'm not expecting everyone to put up the "Game Summary of the Year" each week but something needs to be posted. It's one of the requirements for being in the OFFL MM's. If you can't put one up within the advancement time period, at least post a note in your summary section saying you played the game, won or lost and that a summary will be up as soon as you can get to it.

Thanks!!

25. BaLLsOuT892

BaLLsOuT892 Guest

He must've found out that we actually did NOT have cake...