OFFL Mid-Major Gameplay Reminders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JHeb, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

OFFL Mid-Major Gameplay Reminders

This is a post by RynoAid in another thread. It's perfect and it is what I expect from OFFL MM users...Thanks to RynoAid.

Im going to post about a few things that i have noticed slipping a bit lately in our league.. Im locking this thread because these aren't up for discussion and everyone, including myself needs to think about how they apply to their gameplay and attitude towards the league. In no particular order here goes.

1. Rotating QB's play to play - If you have one passing QB and one running QB, i really think you should limit the rotation of them. I know it's done "some" in NCAA, but from a personell standpoint the defense can't see who is running on to the field to take the snap at the play call screen and make the appropriate defenseive call. If you want to play a running QB, play him, if you want to play a passing QB.. play him. Just be prudent on the switching in and out during the game because it's not easy to predict or adjust to that on the fly.

2. OLB are not suppose to play DE, in any package or formation... even if it's a game based package. It just creates too much advantage when you have such speed guy coming off the end as a DE. Keep players in their original positions at all times.

3. Play action should not be "over utilized" when you have not established the running game. Plain ole drop backs or shotgun formations should be the main passing formation for throwing the ball. Playaction is used to catch a defense off guard when you've been successful and pounding the rock during the drive or game. Be prudent in it's use.

4. Moving players before the snap on defense, then switching to another player is prohibited by rule in TT.

5. WR's should be the main target for passing plays. HB's should be checkdown receivers and not primary targets. The game accentuates speed to the degree that it's hard for ANY LB to cover a 90+ speed HB and i don't want to see that get out of hand or be a primary aspect of an offensive gameplan.

6. Running your QB around in the backfield then throwing the football should be limited to when you are being pressured out of the pocket. Scrambling outside and running around or up to the line of scrimmage right before your throw is not straight gameplay and should be avoided as a tactic in your offense. I understand that plays breakdown and sometimes you have to do what you have to do, but keep in mind that intentionally doing it will be frowned upon.

7. Manually motioning your WR's before the snap should be kept to a realistic minimum. There are plenty of plays with green routes and defined motion in them that you can utilize. But again, don't abuse them.

8. Constant crossing routes and drag routes are not to be 80% of your passing gameplan, neither are deep LOB bombes... lets keep the passing game realistic and challenging for both offense and defense.

Finally and most importantly, treat other players, both gameplay and attitude, how you would want to be treated. This is a friends first league. If your taking these game "seriously" you need to re-evaluate your priorities. We are here to have fun and play a video game, it's a mythical national championship not a real one. Respect your opponent and have fun with it.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

NCAA 11 Wish List

Yeah, it's early but I figured having a thread for NCAA 11 will be a place to vent about things that need to be fixed and added to the game that comes out in July 2010. Post your thoughts and wishes here (for NCAA 11, not your real thoughts and wishes, well, unless you really want to...).

3. SpreadOption

SpreadOption Walk On

Hey can you guys pull me out of this league

Im sorry but i realized that Im not going to have enough time to devote to this league the way I would want to.

But thanks for including me. And good luck to the dynasty.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Ahhhh, if we have to...Better now than in the middle of a season.

Good luck to you in your MORE IMPORTANT dynasties...Ha.

5. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Think of it as good news - BYU will go to someone more reliable and commited to the league.

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'm not worried about it...We'll get the final two pieces to the puzzle we need. Better now than later.:)

7. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Let me know if you still need a member, I need 1 more league. Thanks

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I've got two openings in the Mountain West. I have one person from here who has inquired about Wyoming and he's most likely going to join so long as he can join another dynasty.

If you think you can handle another dynasty and all that comes with it, let me know and I can add you on...Which team?

9. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Heya guys - Mazz, remember the OFFL has the one-team-one-coach rule, so you'd have to give up your spot in the East to play in the Mid-Major.

10. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Oh, I see how that works now...Wasn't sure if a guy could play in two OFFL's or if it set up where a guy could play in an OFFL then also play in a TF one.

It's clear now...

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Recruting:

Go back to using school logos or helmets when showing the recruit's Top 3 schools...

Do not have the rotation of the recruit's Top 3 schools and the kind of player he is...Annoying.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Get rid of the dang bar graphs.

And whoever said menus were faster/smoother this year is a damned liar (yes, even with the game installed to the HD).

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Please keep non-league related posts in the locker room so everyone can chime in.

There is no possible way I can mod every thread, but I just thought a friendly reminder would get the point across.

I want us all to a be a tight nit community and it starts with interleague chatter on topics just as this. :p

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Gotcha...

15. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Boy if you don't get any replies, I'll look like a total ass lol :HoosierHoo:

16. The Brunsons

The Brunsons Guest

Forgive my ignorance here, but I'm new to online and online dynasties. What is the etiquette for game chatter. I don't currently have a headset, but could pick one up. Does everyone in the league have headsets and talk during games or do you take a quieter approach to the game.

17. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Some people talk, some people don't. Just use proper ettique and don't be relentlessly annoying/disruptive to whoever you're talking with.

18. Yeah, you can all talk while online together in the dynasty and communication for the dynasty definitely adds to the competeiveness of it as long as no one is disruptive

19. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I agree...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.