OFFL TeamBuilder Announced

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

OFFL TeamBuilder Announced

It’s official, and it’s going to be awesome. OFFL TeamBuilder is go, and will be hosted by yours truly. We’ve already had tons of interest shown.

For those who have yet to see them, there’s a couple of TeamBuilder videos out there with good information that are sure to get you pumped up:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14324472/ncaa-football-10/videos/ncaa_teambuild_p1.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14324472/ncaa-football-10/videos/ncaa_teambuild_p2.html

So down to the nitty gritty. We’ll be a 12-team league, following OFFL standard rules (gameplay, recruiting). The specifics of TeamBuilder have yet to emerge, but with what we do know and what we can guess from previous incarnations of CAS, here’s what I’m thinking:

- Our teams will take the place of the worst/least prestigious 4 teams in each of 3 non-BCS conferences. Sun Belt, WAC and MWC come to mind as non-split conferences, but I can easily be convinced otherwise.

- We will all start of as 2-star teams (or 1-star if you prefer). If team types are used (Air it Out, Balanced) you can pick what you’d like as long as it doesn’t change your prestige.

- If the game generates your team for you, absolutely no editing of players is allowed. Well, maybe players names if we want to allow a few of those (hey Ma, I’m in the game!)

If there’s any other aspects you’d like to discuss, let’s get to it!

For now, people can certainly start expressing interest, showing off logos and team concepts, all that incredibly fun sort of stuff. If we end up with more than 12 interested, preference will of course go to those that have been the most active.

2. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was almost late to work this morning when i scanned my email and saw the info on Operation Sports site. My wife was on my a$$ b/c a game was more important that getting to work. She'll never understand but I know guys do.

This is going to be great. I'm thinking about building my U of Richmond Spiders[​IMG]. Or maybe my current school for MBA Empire State University

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I am interested. I will have to put some thought into the logo, team name and all of that.
    Suge, I actually made an Empire University out of NYC on the last NCAA that had create a team. Great minds or something like that I guess.

4. Juggernautblitz

Berlin University (Blitzkriegs)?

University of Chicago (Steel)?

St. Valentine University (Massacre)?

5. I am interested. FO SHO(y)

6. Razcalking1978

I'll likely be playing as the U of A Golden Bears. What the A stands for is yet to be seen - anyone know of any northern states that are good recruiting pools?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Juggernautblitz

Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania are all pretty strong.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

You could do Albany, NY. I think Albany has a school (The Great Danes, I think) but it's in New York. Not a bad pool.

I've been thinking of creating coach Tressel's old Youngstown State Penguins team. Noy sure yet, though.

9. Razcalking1978

According to Rivals.com, the top 5 northern recruiting pools by number of players in the Top 250:

Ohio (14)
    Pennsylvania (7)
    Michigan (6)
    Illinois (6)
    New Jersey (5)

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The Teambuilder League will have it's own forum very soon. Just an FYI.

11. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I'm gonna enjoy this one Raz...good stuff...

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I would want in on this. I was looking at he teambuilder info yesterday at the library, and if it all works as advertise it will be ridiculous. I'll be posting more when I get my cpu back.

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    That forum will be very active I'm sure. I cannot wait for the team ideas and schemes. EA needs to get the site up so we can start playing. The wife's gonna be pissed about my computer time spilling into our quality time but this is HUGE.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think they said it will open a month before release.

15. Razcalking1978

EA has released some more dynasty info:

http://traditionfootball.com/?p=1152

Team prestige is all-important now - it will factor more heavily that location when recruiting, and it will affect how quickly your players progress.

With that change, I'm thinking about raising our TeamBuilder teams up to 3-stars at creation.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am either bringing the James Madison Dukes to D1-A finally, or I will have to get creative and make a schoo up -- plenty of time for that luckily.

17. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Basis if you roll with JMU, I may have to bring my Richmond Spiders along for the ride.

Are we going to use the create a conference feature with this league and place the CAS into existing conferences?

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Basis if you roll with JMU, I may have to bring my Richmond Spiders along for the ride.

Are we going to use the create a conference feature with this league and place the CAS into existing conferences?

19. Razcalking1978

Yep, we'll replace the 4 least prestigious teams in 3 different conferences. I'm leaning towards the 3 non-BCS conferences that don't have championship games.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

J M U

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKES

I went there for 3 years, had too much fun, and transferred out. :D

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i say we start with at least three star prestige.
    i cant wait until they release the actual teambuilder so we can figure out what we are working with, and get down to the nitty gritty of what is allowed when creating a team. from some of the pictures it looks like you can custom create everyplayer. Also I want to see how they decide what pitches are good and bad, recruiting pipelines, and the such.

22. Count me in. Not sure on which school though.