OFFL Weekly Top 10 Poll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Basis4aDay56, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

OFFL Weekly Top 10 Poll

If a mod can sticky this thread, I would appreciate it!

Hey guys, this is something that another online dynasty that I am in does weekly that is a lot of fun! Here are the guidelines for voting (almost word-for-word -- some of the teams listed make no sense for our purpose but don't worry about that):

I’ll post a reminder to vote every Sunday to your PM box and that’s it. All questions about voting post here.

Top Ten lists are to be made at the time you’re making them (Thanks Confucius). In other words if on Sunday Pitt beats Maryland vote as if Pitt beat Maryland, don't back date it to the last week that ended. So if Maryland was your #5 team going into week 2, but before you got your vote in Maryland and Pitt played and Maryland lost then your top ten vote would reflect that by dropping Maryland in rank or not even having them in your top ten. Conversely if you vote and Pitt and Maryland haven’t played don’t guess whose going to win, just rank them as if they haven’t played or aren’t going to play that week.

This maybe an OFFL top ten but you don't just vote for users. So if you think Florida is the #1 team like the cpu does then vote them #1. This poll is to be a correction to the cpu polls which quite regularly will have bad teams ranked higher then good teams just because of their prestige. However this year’s preseason poll that the cpu came out with looks pretty good and I expect that the benchwarmers Top Ten will look very similar to the cpu's.

So everyone that can please wait until Sunday to cast your votes, I don't care when on Sunday. The plan is I'll post it Monday afternoon at some point.

Remember PM me the top ten to keep them anonymous.

--------------------------

I am interested in starting this for our purposes here with the OFFL. The more people that vote, the better our poll will be, so please participate! It only takes about 5 minutes to turn the xbox on and load the OD, look at the coaches' poll and make your own conclusions.

Since this is the first week, I will extend voting until Monday, 3/9 @ 11:59pm EST.

Any questions, ask away. Credit for this idea goes to Psycho from the Benchwarmers online dynasty.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well, since no one asked me any questions on how this works, and since no one responded, I am guessing there is no interest. Thats fine -- thought I would throw the idea out there.

Consider it... dead! :D

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I like it - just didn't get around to it.

How about a short version - like top three power ranking or something. I think that might get a few responses.

I'll send one right now.

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Is this what you are looking for?

1. Notre Dame - nothing but blowouts, are they unbeatable?
    2. Ohio State - closer games but still heading for a 3rd straight title game?
    3. Florida - preseason #24???? top rated team takes out #1 ranked team

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

You would basically send me your teams ranked 1-10. There are different point values for each spot you put them at, and then I add all the points together for each team. The teams are then sorted based on their total points, and boom, we have our OFFL Coaches' Poll.

I would prefer to keep this as a top 10 rather than a top 3 power rankings just to get a better picture of what us user coaches feel are the top 10 teams.

AG sent me a top 3, and then added the next 7, so thanks for that AG. That means we have two votes. If interest continues (hopefully at least 6 members will do this, that would be sufficient in my eyes), I will post the top 10 every Friday afternoon rather than every Monday afternoon.

VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL THURSDAY @ 11:59pm EDT.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I will try to remember this when I get home from work.

7. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I'll give it a shot to see if I can come up with anything different from the CPU.

I would probably enjoy ranking just the user teams more - sort of an OFFL Power Rankings.

I think a Ranking Poll will also be a great idea when we're split into East and West as a unified poll.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That's a good idea.