OFFL West League Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, May 17, 2010.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

OFFL West League Update

Just a few things for you guys as we close out the NCAA 10 season.

I am projecting us to finish this season right around june 1st which would leave us with 6 weeks of play left before the launch on NCAA 11. I am thinking next season will for sure be our last season as we could probably knock it out in 4 weeks at the earliest leaving only 2 weeks for a new season. Do you guys want to do another and quit it once 2011 drops or Just take a 2 week break and regroup for the new league? I am thinking we take a break after next season as we would never be able to finish 2016. This will make recruiting pointless next year but maybe I can add a few more user games to make it interesting. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Other notes for our 2011 League:

Name: TF: The Legacy (Formerly Known as the OFFL West)

Set-up: SEC, BIG TEN, ACC, PAC 10

Roster: Everyone know should be on board, please let me know asap if you are not returning for 11.

I will be dropping a thread here soon to figure out who is staying with what teams then I will get a draft order together and we can do team selection of the Legacy. I wanna make sure all 12 guys are returning though before we select teams.

Feel free to ask anything else

2. Hova

The 2 week break would also give me time to move, revise and ratify the new Legacy Constitution.

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

done done and done haha im in, I think just one more season is cool unless we somehow finish this one up earlier i guess

5. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Im good with one more season.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I think 1 more season is fine. Getting through a season in 4 weeks is a little optimistic anyways, since there is always conflicts in scheduling. Even 6 weeks would be tough unless we moved up to 48 hour advances without ever delaying.

30 days in June

15 weeks in season + conference champ + bowl = 17 weeks * 2 would be 34 days and * 3 would be 51 days

Either way I'm down for NCAA 11. I got lifetime membership so I can join 2 premier leagues. I'm only playing in 2 leagues next year unless Rivalry comes back, which is doubtful.

7. Hova

Ya we will finish 2015 b4 11 drops

8. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Remember it will porobably take a good month to have a solid set of rosters for '11, so we wouldn't start the '11 season the first week of launch.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm in for one more season. And Hokie has a point...it will probably take a week at minimum

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Yea i forgot about rosters but it shouldnt take more than 2 weeks in all reality

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I was actually hoping for a slight delay in starting, since I ordered game online and I'm going out of town the first weekend of the game's release (not planned just fell that way).

12. tmac6412

tmac6412 Walk On

One more year sounds good to me.

13. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I'm down for everything listed.

14. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

One more season and a break works for me. I'm going to miss struggling along with the Red Raiders, though.

Does anyone know when the online dynasty feature for 2010 will no longer be available?

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

They should still be available for at least the first couple weeks after 11 comes out. After that I can't say.

16. Hova

I checked my NCAA 2009 online dynasty and it still worked about 3 weeks ago. I think they go for awhile but I could be wrong.

On the roster note it should take about 1-2 after launch to get a DECENT set. I know TF is working on some too so we will see how that goes. I am not too anal about perfect rosters because we will be getting in WELL more than 4 seasons so after the first few it wont really matter.

I think with the time frame you laid out we will finish up next season just in time for the new launch then have a few weeks to get every thing together.

17. Hokie Effect

I still am up in the air on my team and I would think as an original member of the OFFL-W I would have some sort of seniority of team selection, but from flipping through this post it sounds like most everyone has made up their mind. I would like to at least see the '11 rosters before I decide. You never know I may decide to run with Stanford and Andrew Luck and take ownership of the Pac-10.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Bring it on Hokie. Come to the Pac 10 so UCLA can dominate you. I heard Lonnie Pryor is going to transfer to UCLA if Hokie comes so he can over you in this league too :D

19. Hova

I will be doing an opt out thread soon for those you want to opt out and go into a draft order for a new team. You will be near the top hokie as you have seniority over the newer members when it comes to team selection

20. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

pac 10 haha, if he goes to the pac 10 i want me hova and him to be in it

21. Hokie Effect

Could someone post an up to date hypothetical list of teams that the owners are pretty sure on who they want or at least the preffered conferences? Sorry I am lazy and don't feel like reading through the posts. It may help as I know there are some owners that obviously would like to play in the same conference.

22. Hova

Suge at Michigan, me at USC, and prolly Recchum at UCLA are the 3 that I know are staying most likely. I'll put that opt out thread now to see who will be in the team selection draft

23. Hova

Harris is thinking Florida, Masler bama, and Brave would go out to OSU

24. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

I need to see who's left before I pick, unless Georgia's there, then I'd take them.

25. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I am undecided on conference and team. I can promise you it won't be any of the following teams: Michigan, Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Oregon, Miami, and Alabama.