Offline Career

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Connor, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Connor

Connor Walk On

I plan on starting a career mode where I build up a weaker team or a team that was prominent in the past. The goal is to win titles, cups and get a team comparable to Barcelona today. So i'm looking for teams that people would be interested in following since i plan on putting a lot of the results on here like i've seen in the offline headquarters.

Currently I have a few teams in mind, any other you'd like to see? I'd love the suggestions.
    Current Ideas:
    Leeds United- currently in npower championship
    Wolverhampton- currently in premier
    Nottingham Forest- current in npower championship
    Crawley Town- currently in npower league 2

If anybody knows a team that was really good in the past and won a lot of titles, but now has fallen into the lower leagues that would be great.

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Sheffield Wednesday?

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

As a part owner of the club, I am obligated to mention Accrington Stanley.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I personally am using Plymouth Argyle and have moved them from L2 to the Championship in 4 years.

5. Connor

Connor Walk On

I really know nothing about any of these teams mentioned. Were any of them good in the past? Only Leeds really pops into my mind about a team that was a strong team in the past and has fallen, but I'm reluctant to use them because they are only in the championship and I'd like to start lower.

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

7. Connor

Connor Walk On

Thanks rich, based on this the best teams would be Leeds, Huddersfield Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Wolverhampton or the original team that was winning Preston North End.

Wolverhampton is out for me because they are already in the premier and Leeds may be out because they are so close. The other three are all in League one. Then Crawley town would be fun to start with in league two, although they've never done anything. It'd also be fun to know what the announcers have to say about the history of each team. The clubs with the most history would be the one that would be most fun to play with and listen to the announcers. So of these teams what would be the most interesting to follow?

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Que pasa?

9. hedache

hedache Walk On

I am managing Blackpool in my CM. I don't plan on getting them to a Barcelona like situation since that's not realistic. I am trying to get them to the Premier League hopefully in my first season since it'll be easier obviously in the second season with even the littlest preseason financial help.

When I make it to PL, I don't plan on stacking the team with all I can purchase. I tend to keep some of the regulars through this whole thing. Like some of my defenders, the goalie. Just to give it some challenge. I will also try to mount some of the youth coming up into the team. I will probably spend my money on strong forwards to add some scoring.

Not sure how PL will feel after npower, so I'd be fine just trying to keep the team from relegation every season, or be the mid table team. I do not plan on playing for title, if it ever looks like that, I may bump the settings like from World Class to Legendary or whatever it is called, probably tweak some of the custom cpu/user settings as well.

I have used Nottingham Forest in the past versions. They are some legendary team of the past from when I was younger. I would suggest Connor goes with Forest.

10. hedache

hedache Walk On

Not to mention they have Manu like colors. You will like it.

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Leeds is one of United's biggest rivals, so I don't know if that would play into your decision at all. Honestly I never would've known if I didn't catch it in one of the chants lol. It might even make it more fun to try and re-create that rivalry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_A.F.C._and_Manchester_United_F.C._rivalry

12. Connor

Connor Walk On

Damn now I really want to use nottingham forest and leeds. not sure what to do.

13. Connor

Connor Walk On

After looking at Leeds history I'm going with them. It will make my journey to the top easier anyways. They had so many good years that ended in second place. They are also believed to be the 5th most supported team in England. I'm going to start a new thread and tag it when I start. Should I do this in the offline headquarters or here in the soccer threads?

14. hedache

hedache Walk On

Do it somewhere I won't see, you're disgusting picking Leeds. Although one of my favorite players played for them, Kewell.

15. Merih

Merih XBL Gamertag: Ambasa10

I had blast running an Exeter City one back in FIFA 10. A 10 season building phase got them into a mid table PL squad on Legendary mode. Thats about where their potential capped out.

16. Connor

Connor Walk On

Although it's Leeds I'm sure you'd still enjoy following them. Besides it's not like I'm choosing Barcelona ;)

17. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

18. hedache

hedache Walk On

So are you saying someone spent 100 quid for this piece of thing as xmas present for you? Such a waste of money and assets. And I will eat my words when stanley makes it to PL before I die.

19. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just imagine youre at the bar... just drop it into conversation.

"Oh yeah, btw, I'm the part owner of an English soccer team. Whats that? You want to see proof? Well that happens to be back at my apartment."

20. hedache

hedache Walk On

If you're targeting guys to take back to your apartment, it's a great investment. :p

• Like Like x 3
  21. Connor

Connor Walk On

22. hedache

hedache Walk On

23. Connor

Connor Walk On

I wont be doing every detail, but I'll be doing quite a bit. At least that's the plan. It will help me enjoy CM even more.

24. hedache

hedache Walk On

So are you that guy on OS or not? :D
    Don't change the subject!

25. Connor

Connor Walk On

I don't know. I can't ever figure out OS. I'll check later though.