Offline Coach Dynasty

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Masler, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Got this idea from Kasper so I thought I would try it out.

Starting Job: OC of UCF

Qtr Length: 8 Minutes
    Difficulty: Heisman (Altered Sliders)
    Recruiting: Heisman

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

2012 University of Central Florida Offensive Preview
    [​IMG]
    Earlier this week the Knights hired Masler Boros as their Offensive Coordinator after the last guy couldn't get the job done. Boros brings in a Pro Style offense and relies on moving the ball down the field 5-6 yards at a time with a few tricks thrown in there. In the past Boros has been known to throw in a two back type of system that keeps a fresh HB in the game, preferably a power back and speed back to keep the defense guessing. In his first season he will look to recruit heavily for the run game but will not ignore the passing game. But for now let's worry about the 2012 team. ​
    QB: Sophomore (RS) Blake Bortles is going to be the signal caller and is pretty decent. He has 75 speed with 85 acceleration though his carrying at 62 does worry me a little. This gives me confidence that he can escape the pressure. I don't run too many option plays or designed QB runs so fumbling shouldn't be an issue. His arm is fairly good also with 86 Thp and 84 Tha, his backup also has the same so I am glad to have something to rely on should our starter fall. ​
    HB/FB: Looks like the #1 and #2 will be a great fit for my offense. First off SR(RS) Latavius Murray will be my power guy as he only has 83 speed and has the Btk, Trk and Carry to fill that role. Then at backup we have Miami transfer Storm Johnson who isn't as fast as I would like but he does have 91 acceleration so he should be able to get to speed quickly, also has 90 elusiveness. Senior FB Dontravius Floyd might get some carries in certain situations with 83 speed and 88 acceleration. ​
    WR/TE: Three of the top four receivers on the team boast 90 or higher speed, one with 94 acceleration. I might be Pro Style minded but I won't hesitate to take advantage of that speed. They all have mid 80s route running also, which I find to be very important over all other receiver stats. If my guys can't run their routes and be open, we are screwed. The TE's on the team are rather young and will play big roles on short yardage situations when I need to pick up the first down, they will also be useful in Play Action situations. And for TE they are pretty decent blockers, which is tough to find in NCAA these days. ​
    O Line: They are rather under average and favor pass blocking over run blocking so it may take a season or two to get my offense in full swing here in Orlando. There are no real standouts on the Line, they just better protect and pave and we'll be just fine. ​
    Offensive Needs for 2013: FB(2), HB(1), C(1)​
    (I will handle all recruiting though.)​

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

Knights deliver big win in season opener
    [​IMG]
    Storm Johnson constantly weaved his way through the defense.​
    Akron - 3
    UCF - 38​
    UCF had a great day as QB Bortles threw for 298 yards and 3 TD's. Starting HB Murray would be injured for 3 weeks on a vicious hit when Akron started getting desperate. Luckily his backup Storm Johnson was able to shoulder the load, rushing for 110 yards on 22 carries and 2 scores. The defense must have had a great day as well as they held the Zips to just a FG.​
    We have to travel up to Columbus for a showdown with 16th Ranked Ohio State. ​

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Knights come close in Columbus
    [​IMG]
    QB Brotles spent a lot of this game on his back. ​
    UCF - 24
    Ohio St - 37
    This game was close for three quarters as our nickel and dime attack kept the Buckeyes defense guessing. Late in the 3rd we were able to tie the game at 17 and the college football world was on edge as they anticipated the possible upset. Unfortunately the Buckeyes poured it on in the 4th quarter as they would stop the Knights on 4th and short on the goaline and then on a potential game tying drive, they would intercept Bortles for the second pick six of the game. The SO QB threw for 373 yards with 3 TD's but also threw 3 INT's and fumbled once. These turnovers and inability to move the ball most of the game proved to be the killer component of the game for UCF.
    The Knights travel in state to FIU in Week 3.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Picture Coming Soon ​

UCF - 28

FIU - 26

Down 20-7 entering the 4th quarter, QB Bortles suddenly woke up and delivered 3 huge TD passes to score 21 unanswerd points to spot a 28-20 lead over Florida International. They would attempt a comeback but their 2 point conversion would fall short allowing the Knights to make a great comeback and win this one. Bortles finished with 275 passing yards and 3 TD with no INT with McDuffie being his go-to guy with 120 yards and 2 scores.

We face USF Week 4 in The War on I-4.