Offline Dynasty Forum?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 28, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We all have 'em, I'd think it would be kind of cool if we could all share them. Just started up a NCAA basketball '10 coaching career. I was going to move it to a site where my thread would probably get a little more attention but figured why not put it up on here. I'm sure their are some guys who would enjoy writing about their different offline dynasties as well. TSO should corner the dynasty market completely. Continue with the excellent online dynasties and give the large, very large, offline dynasty players who love writing about their offliners a place to come and share their tales.

Now I know some of the other sites have spiffy table generators but alot of us still (and rather) post our dynasties up the 'old school' way.

So what are you guys' feelings on this?

PS-Even if this is a no-go, can my 'career' continue on here? Its in the basketball forum.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think this is a good idea. I think this could be pretty interesting. What did you have in mind? What are your suggestions and what would you like to see to make it work for you?

3. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I think a section for offline dynasties could only help this site grow more. Great idea. While some people may not have the time for a dedicated online dynasty they stil like sharing their dynasty stories just like we all do.

4. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

i know you can save online dynasties as offline... can you turn offline into online? cant remember... if you can... encourage those that would to do so that way they can post a lot of the stuff we do in our OD's...

"E"

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Emm- It doesn't have to be something spectacular to start off, maybe just a forum. I've seen a couple of sites that do this and only two (OS and another one I forget the name of) use tables. Every site, with the right support, has tons of folks who do this. At this time most of our content will be from within TSO. As long as we support each other's efforts it'll encourage others to do so as well. Once we have some solid guys doing dynasties it should expand in no time. Right now mine is bare compared to some of the ones I've seen on OS or DSS. But it'll get there. This is my first time actually doing this but in due time I should have something really special. With only one OD I can provide all the extra love and care for it to succeed. I think we should have 3 guys willing to chronicle their offline dynasty, regardless of the sport, to get things started before making its own forum.

@GG Not every game has an 'online dynasty' feature.

6. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I was literally just about to suggest this. People could share anything from any sports game they play, maybe subforums for different titles? Idk, but before I was in this gaming community, I was in the RollerCoaster gaming community, and sharing offline projects was all we could do, as their was no online play.
    I think this should remain a side thing, not a focal point of the site. Just something that players already in leagues here can use, not something people join here to use.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We had this before and I think it had a total of five posts in it.

With the website grown as much as it has and with the addition of a few different genres, it might be worth a look.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'll try to get one up. It isn't a bad idea. Where should we put it?

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Somewhere in the cheap seats, probably.

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

what is that? A game? (Being dead serious)

11. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

haha, ik its really nerdy, but there are games where you can design your own coasters/theme parks for pc or mac (roller coaster tycoon, no limits coasters) and people would take screenshots of and film their rides/parks...lol, it was good fun for a while

12. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

oh wow. that's interesting.

13. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

oh sorry JR... thought you were saying offline football dynasties... but you were thinking bigger... kudos sir...

"E"

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

LOL, yeah I'm all about world domination;)

[​IMG]

15. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I used to have that game a long time ago. It was fun.

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Simulation games are some of my all time faves. Sim City, Theme Park/Roller Coaster Tycoon - that stuff is classic. Sim Ant? Dynamite.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I still get into Roller Coaster Tycoon, Sim City, and Sim Golf every once in a while. Usually play for a couple of weeks then put it down again, but they are definitely addicting.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
  19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thank you sir!:thumbsup:

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If you need your other post moved, let me know.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I was just about to ask you if you could move it over here. Thanks.

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@Shaun Mason

Could you change the title of my thread please? I would like it to say 'Road to Glory | NCAA Basketball '10. Thanks

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Done