Offseason 2019 (Happening Tonight)

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

fishdock cyhiphopp Glen Cieske jandy cmassey13 Crumbler81 Rekkapryde Antonio T. CJTHA1 LongGONE24

Offseason is starting tonight around 9:30 est, or earlier depending on when the GT-OKLA game is played (the earlier, the better guys!) Any games that are not complete by 9:30 EST will be simmed. I have 2 midterms and a project due in the next 8 days and this is the only night I can do offseason. Per usual, if you can't make it tonight let me know and we will make some sort of arrangement. Below are this year's sway restrictions, same as last year.

Player's Leaving Restrictions
    6 star (program) - cant sway a player > 88 or anyone > 85 with an award.
    5 star - cant sway a player > 90 or anyone > 85 with an award.
    4 star - cant sway anyone > 92 or anyone > 88 with an award.
    < 3 star - can't sway anyone > 94 or anyone > 88 with an award.

* If a player is projected in the 6th or 7th round, and is less than a 93 overall, you CAN convince him to stay

* You can "cheat" and convince one player to stay that you normally wouldn't be able to, so long that they are projected in the 5th round or later, less than a 94 overall, and didn't win any awards

Please log onto AIM by around 9:15. We are starting NO LATER than 9:30

• Like Like x 2
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I am really nervous that I am going to lose a bunch of Juniors this year.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I just pray that cmassey13 loses Woods and we can be rid of these stupid quarterbacks once and for all. Who's with me!?

• Like Like x 3
  4. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

must
    find
    new
    super QB

5. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

May actually stand a chance this year without Gant thank GOD.

• Like Like x 3
  6. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Why are there so many people liking this?!?!

Gant has been my man. If I didn't throw so many stupid picks this year I might have been able to get another Heisman.

His backup is fast, but not 99 fast!

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sadly for Gant, he sat behind Everett Golson and Gunner Kiel his first two years. They had superior arms but not his athleticism. I might have done better in the Big10 if I had used my boy earlier.

8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Lol he's a once-in-a-never QB in a real life sense... I think he would have been crazy good even as a freshman. It'll be interesting to see how ND fairs next year without God at quarterback.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I am losing Gant, two SR HBs, and my superb TE. Whole OL is back at least.

On D I am losing my top two CBs (backups are good though), top LB, top DT, and maybe some of my Jr DL.

It's going to be VERY different on offense but my new QB should be pretty good. He came in for Gant because of injury once this year and played pretty much the entire game. He got ACC player of the week but it wasn't against anyone good.

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Because playing against a 99 speed QB puts the defense in a no win situation. I hope I never have to do it again.

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I really did my best not to abuse it though. I think I averaged about 10 carries or less and people that had their DE contain the QB usually did pretty well against me. When he did break one though, it broke!

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yeah but when you spread 5 wide with a 99 speed quarterback, what's a defense to do?

13. jandy

jandy Walk On

Especially when your opponent is running a spread offense with 4 and 5 receivers on the field. You have a few options on defense, none of which are really all that effective:
    1. Play zone and pray that your d line can get to the QB before he finds the hole in the zone or scrambles
    2. Blitz and hope that your player gets to the QB before your opponent finds one of his 4 or 5 receivers
    3. Play man defense and hope your opponent doesn't run a read option. If he does, the quarterback has a damn good shot of taking it to the house
    Obviously there are a few more options, but I'm too lazy to type them out because they're just as ineffective lol

In doing all of this, you pretty much have to take a linebacker out of the play to sit in the middle and play contain to account for the QB taking off.

14. jandy

jandy Walk On

Whether or not he's being used, it's the possibility of him running that requires the defense to account for it on every play, thus changing the game even if he doesn't get many carries

15. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

True, I get the same way when I am playing a speedy QB. That's one thing I love about the college game though is the option.

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Yep, fast QBs and the option are certainly part of the college game, so there's no shame in using them. Hell, I've had them every year. It's just when you give them 99 speed...there was a play against Texas where I played perfect defense and Woods scrambled to the right, three guys came to contain him, but he was so fast that he just zig-zagged around them...its was like my players were stuck in mud. Those QBs were Ray Hall with an arm, and it's frustrating to have one in your OD, but to have 2 at the same time was pretty infuriating

17. jandy

jandy Walk On

Tell me about it lol. Back to back weeks against guys like that was not fun...

18. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Facing off against Woods was def not a walk in the park. I had to pray that my coverage was good and my 3-4 backers and d-line could get to him. Also blitzing at right time was key as well. Fast QB's are a part of the game and if you can get one of them that can throw and run ala RGIII, Cam Newton and so on, you can win alot of games

• Like Like x 2
  19. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Get ready Eddie Murphy is going to roll you in our home and home.

20. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I should be able to go whenever tonight, but Spayer419 can you shoot me a text if we are gonna start early.

22. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

sure thing

23. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Let me know, too. I should be around every day this week except Thursday (and possibly Saturday).

24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

We're going tonight at 9:30, maybe a bit earlier but definitely tonight

25. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Spayer419 an I be added to the list if we begin early as well? I will likely be around to check forums btu if something comes up tonight I may not. 519-567-2221

Also I'd like to be added to the group chat this time around, I sat around waitin for the adv last time I wanna chat it up with the boys that's part of the fun of an off-season IMO. Spayer "didnt know how to add" people to group chat last year so plz somebody take charge on this one! lol AIM - macc24usc is my sn