1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Offseason advance bug

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jello1717, Sep 22, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Offseason advance bug

We all saw me nearly blow my top when I got screwed out of the 1st week of offseason recruiting. First I'd like to apologize. I thought that Maggie advanced too quickly, but I see now that it's a fuggin' bug in the game. I know this because the same fuggin' thing just happened to me in another OD. This now makes me 0 for 2 with ODs when it comes to hitting this bug.

One of my other ODs just played their NC game tonight. We went and advanced through transfers. I was stuck on incoming transfers while others were doing their recruiting. The only reason why I knew that they were doing recruiting was because they were talking about it on the forums.

I tried reloading several times and it always said it was doing transfer requests. It said the same thing for 1 other guy in the OD.
    I ended up deleting my OD file that I saved to my HD and then downloading the new one and it finally took me to recruiting. If I didn't see them talking about recruiting, my Michigan team would've been screwed just like my UNC team (where it was stuck on transfers for a couple of days for me). My advice from this learning lesson (this is my first year doing ODs so this might be common sense for the rest of you):

1. Delete your OD save files during the offseason (and probably don't save it again until the regular season). Since I'm such a newb, is this something I should be doing all the time? Should I never save the files at all? (it's a lot faster if I can save them)

2. It would be really helpful if posts were made on the forum every time we advance a step. Like I said, the only reason my Michigan team didn't get screwed was because I saw others talking about recruiting while I was staring at transfer requests.

So far, in 2 ODs, I've seen this happen to 4 people (myself and JHeb in OFFL E-League and myself and LBFitted in this OD) so it seems to happen fairly often. For whatever reason, we've all seen it heading into the 1st week of recruiting and I think that's the only place.

2. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I never save for that reason...Also sometimes when user vs. User games dont work I think its cause of the save file being stupid...