Offseason Breakdown

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I)Your console roster MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST be at 48 players or below before the draft. Via cuts, trades or expiring contracts, you've gotta be at 48.
    II)Any player with only 1 year left on their contract - you must make a decision about. Because next season is represented by the next column and at the start of the new season he won't be under contract. Free agency will happen like this.
    1)Pre progession decisions. That means right now you should be thinking about this.
    As of right now, any player with 1 year left on your spreadsheet is considered a restricted free agent. That means you have until we open up real free agency (24-48hrs after the draft) to decide if you would like to sign them. If you would like to re-sign them, say so in your roster management thread. If you would like to allow them to enter free agency, say so in your roster management thread.**Important** You will still re-sign players at their post progression overalls.​

2)**Progression takes place after the draft**

3)Post progession decisions
    This is going to be a 24-48hr period that takes place before free agency but after the draft, where you finish deciding on which restricted FA's you're keeping and which you're letting walk. You'll now be able to see your players after progression and decide what you're doing. Always remember to post your decisions in your roster management thread. You say who you want to re-sign, and who you are letting walk.​

4)Free Agency Opens
    We will have our customary 4 or 5 bid periods that are each 24hrs in length. You'll submit your bids to me via PM, just as last season. If you win your bid, update your roster management thread with that info.​

III)After free agency we kick off the season. You'll have until the trade deadline to make in-season re-sign decisions, just as last season.

*NOTE* Do not drop any players you are unsure of what you're doing with until after the draft. Players you absolutely don't want, go ahead and drop from your roster to get under the 48 player cap. If, however, theres a restricted FA (ie a guy who will become a FA if you don't resign him) HOLD ON TO HIM untill AFTER the draft.

I say this because unwanted players get deleted from free agency. If theres a guy that you're unsure if, if you put him into FA before there draft, theres a good chance he'll literally end up deleted, never to be found again.

2. Keller

Summary of Offseason

I will start doing Max$$ accelerators today. I will post in your roster management thread any changes I make to your spreadsheet and notify you.

*important* do not create a new roster management thread for season 4 - we are just going to continue using the same threads so I have all the info in the same place for reference.

-Pre progression decisions - not final - just make one for your reference so that the post progression decisions are faster
    -Year 3 Super Bowl
    -Pre progression decisions - make a few moves to get you at 48 players or less on the console. Post in your roster management thread that you are at 48 players.
    -Year 4 Draft
    -Sign/not sign draft picks in roster management thread.
    -Post progression decisions - finalize your restricted FA's (guys with 1 yr left) - that means release the guys, on the console, that you are not re-signing.
    -I update all spreadsheets with all info from your roster management threads.
    -*If you do not finish your roster management, you cannot participate in free agency*
    -Free Agent Period. (4 or 5 24hr bid periods) Once I say you can sign your guy, sign him on the console. Update your roster management thread.
    -I will finalize all roster management threads before free agency is over. Once its over, everyone is signed on a first come, first serve basis.
    -Start of Season 4.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

As a reminder to anyone who is looking at their sheet @CWT 3000 :) to avoid any confusion- we are entering Year4. As soon as the superbowl ends correct?

4. Keller

Some sheets say 3 some say 4 - most should say 4 - its my fault. Regardless, its just the next column over from this season - its pretty easy to recognize.

5. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I thought progression was before the draft?

6. Keller

Yeah I think you're right but I'm not exactly sure - anyone know for sure?

It doesn't really matter - just make ur decisions after progression and make them final before free agency opens.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

progression happens before draft...

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well I am currently gone until Saturday night, so I wont be able to make any decisions on any players until then.

9. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Progression is before the draft. Or in case for my team, it's called regression.

10. Keller

Bump for reminder.

11. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

I thought the idea of the open bidding (each player has his own thread) was a good one. Is this still even open for discussion?

12. Keller

Yes it is - some were against it - some for it. There are pros and cons to both.