Offseason Changes - EVERYONE READ!!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

There will be a few changes to this offseason to try to make it even smoother and simpler for everyone involved. Here is what we are still doing the same:

1. Draft will come before free agency but after progression/regression/mandatory cuts. If you have ANY questions on this, please get with a board member on how to do the cuts.

2. Free agency process will stay the same as far as claim tags. Again, if you're not sure, ask.

Here is what IS CHANGING:

1. NO TRADING DURING DRAFT. Get your draft picks traded beforehand. Guys, as a board we voted to do this because we have too much going on to approve trades and keep about 28 owners in line to get their picks in. Guys, we love you, but we can't keep up.

2. Base salary maximum bid is low constant at 3 million dollars. What does this mean? Well, for a guy whose overall is 95 or more (which is a minimum 3 million base salary offer), that means you cannot increase his base salary anymore and MUST offer bonus money to get the player. This means better planning on all owners' parts because bonuses are directly related to cap hits. Lower overall players can be increased in base salary up to the 3 million limit, but after that it must go by bonuses.

For teams with players already paid more than 3 million base salary, they will NOT be altered. Any future free agent signings will adhere to this 3 million base salary ceiling for all players.

3. The cap will go up to 145 million dollars next year. That is a 5 million dollar increase from the previous year. It worked well last year, so we will do it again.

Guys, any questions, please bring them up to a board member. Good luck in 2012 guys!

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Roster minimums are very important indeed, dont expect to cut a FB or a SS or DE if that player that your about to cut is the lone player on your team at that position. Yes i know you can move players there or eventually there will be someone there... Not a real big issue but dont but upset when you are told you need to cut someone else

I feel victim to this last year, unfortunately if you didnt pay attention and prepare for the offseason with signing "placeholders" for the players your expecting to cut you are out of time, no tears my friends

NO EMPTY SPOTS IN THE CAPBOOK FOR WHATEVER POSITION NO MATTER HOW SHORT THE LENGTH OF TIME.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Just to put an asterisk (*) on one of win's points and if I am wrong sorry I reserve the right to change this. If we start the draft on the forums again you can make trades with those picks it is the live draft portion where no deals can be made.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That is correct, dunn, as far as I understand it. Sorry I didn't clarify that earlier. Forum draft will allow trades; live draft will NOT.

6. Fr3sH_UC

Fr3sH_UC Walk On

Read it