Offseason Chatter

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Wyrmreaver, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Hey Dru50 we hadn't really started talking about offseason nights and stuff yet but I wanted to post a position change question. so I figured i'd just start an offseason thread.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Feel free to ask.

3. Wyrmreaver

LB Rules:

OLB - 220 lb and 86 or slower
    MLB 230 lb and 84 or slower

2 guys I had questions on
    SS Larry Scott.JPG ATH Recruit.JPG

Scott has had a nice year at SS for me but has been late in coverage help over the top and been outrun a couple times. He is certainly not an issue for speed at 81, and at 216 (+whatever he gets in training) he seems like a natural fit at OLB, and only 14 lbs shy of MLB, plus he's likely get a 2-5 pounds of weight in training

Dunlap may still sign elsewhere, like LSU. He is big enough for either LB spot but at 86 speed just a little too fast for MLB. I may give him a shot at SS regardless but wanted to line up options.

What I'd like to know is if I would be allowed to put Dunlap at MLB if I get him (he qualifies for OLB now) and if I could put Scott at either MLB or OLB based on how the rest of the LB corps shakes out.

Thanks Dru, I figure its better to get this stuff taken care of now rather than when we are trying to power through the offseason

4. Dru50

Wyrmreaver

I'm ok with Scott at OLB and Dunlap at OLB. Neither qualify for MLB.

5. Dru50

In regards to the offseason, I think we are looking at probably not getting there until Monday or Tuesday night. We likely won't advance to the CCG until late tonight and then whygodwhy1111 and I have to find a time to play. That then puts us at the bowls at earliest by Saturday night late and it's looking very likely that we will have a user-user bowl matchup again. With the way this league has crawled on weekends since football season started I struggle to see us getting done any sooner.

Monday night is a no go for me due to work (all 5 of my partners are in town and I'm taking them out to dinner/drinks), and with the issue we had last time that the 'commish' was bouncing in and out helping others I would highly recommend we wait until Tuesday to do the full blown offseason.

Feel free to post if anyone has issues with that plan.

6. Wyrmreaver

My wife has been going to bed earlier with school starting back up for the kids and stuff..... I should be available by 10:30, maybe a shade earlier on any given night. So a 10pm start if possible would be ideal for me

7. Dru50

Whatever night we do it on, I don't see us starting that late. The offseason (when you include scheduling - which I have to do the same night or it holds up getting to week 1 another day) takes me 3 hours. I'm not staying up until 1am to do the offseason when I have to be up at 5:45 in the morning.

Sorry man, but everyone else has always been available to start the offseason at 9. Unless that changes I don't see us starting the offseason much later than that, whatever night it falls on.

8. Wyrmreaver

Worth a try :)

If we get a couple weeks in before the actual night like last season i should be good..... i dont usually get home from work until like 9:45 or 10 most nights

9. Dru50

I hear ya, but I can't hold up the other 10 guys if they are ready to go. Ill try to do stuff in advance of the actual offseason night again if possible.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wyrmreaver

I wasn't complaining, and guys have stepped up and helped me each year, so it's never been an issue.

11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Tuesday night works with me

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

tuesday is ok for me.

13. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Tuesday's as good as any day I suppose