Offseason Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Nov 29, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hey guys, when is best for you guys to do the offseason grind?

2. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

I am available for any of these....so I wont vote

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Weekends normally work very well for me, but NEXT weekend I work. Is our goal to do this next weekend or this?

4. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Isn't the Redshirt Off-season scheduled for sunday morning?

5. AJ Hart MN

Ditto.. Boy we live exciting lives TBird.. I guess that's what happens when you get older and have family. The earlier we know the exact time the better though.

6. PAgamer07

Yeah ours is Sunday morning so that won't work. I guess I should have read the conference championship thread. It's this weekend. So I prefer Saturday morning. Conference championships are all day Saturday. And then Sunday AM we have redshirts offseason. Sunday night is Steelers v Ravens, so you wont be able to pry me away from a TV..

7. AJ Hart MN

Dude, the Ravens own the Steelers. That has the making of a 20-6 boreathon!!

8. SodaAddict

Go ahead and vote for all of them if you are available for all of them. The main point of this is for me to see who can be there at the various times.

9. AJ Hart MN

The only game worth watching this weekend is the FSU game in which we finally return to owning the ACC conference and putting ourselves back into the National Spotlight. The only thing that can beat that Gator beatdown will be a Tech beatdown and then an exciting BCS game against UCONN???? WTF!! Hopefully we luck out and get like a Arkansas, Nebraska or Ohio St or something. I would be gutted if we make it to a BCS game finally and we have to play Connecticut.

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I voted Saturday night without knowing I could vote for all of them...so +1 to all other times as well.

11. SodaAddict

you can still do it, cant you? but, if not, Noted.

12. SodaAddict

Looks like it's gonna be saturday morning. Including fuzzy, we have at least 8 people for Saturday morning.

So, new poll will be going up about the specific start time.

13. SodaAddict

Alright we are going to be doing this Saturday morning (December 4).

So, that means the games absolutely have to get done by the time we advance in to the Offseason.

14. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Yeah I meant I was available for all of the time slots. Saturday morning it is.

15. SodaAddict

16. SodaAddict

Remember to put all the times that work, not just the one that is best for you.

17. AJ Hart MN

Yeah, I forgot to do that. I'm good at any time. I put Noon BTW.

18. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

I'd prefer we start at 10 or 11, UMass has a hockey game at 1:30 and I want to get lunch and stuff before it.

19. SodaAddict

As we prepare to embark in to Season 4, I want to find out something.

I am wanting to use this poll to see if our current rules regarding game plans are working so please answer truthfully, your answers are anonymous and there is no way for me or anyone else to find out how you answered.

I want to see if this is an area that needs to be addressed because if people are going to be using them despite the rules, then I need to change the rules to accommodate. So, I would love some feedback here. I want to see 12 votes.

20. SodaAddict

Another issue as we head in to Season 4 is un-sim play. It's pretty apparent to me that we have a little bit of this going on.

I've been trying to call people out on this through stats for a while, but it's definitely time for people to get with the program.

So, how do you guys think we should handle un-sim play and how should we catch it?

Should I implement caps on stats for various positions, like max number of receiving yards per depth chart position or something? Seems kind of complicated.

What do you guys think, I don't really have a solid idea, so I want to get your feedback on this before we move in to season 4.

21. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

I think if you have user scouting reports like we have started in the Redshirts, combined with game stats, we should be able to detect trends from all the teams. Caps on stats etc...is an attempt to force corrections without identifying the culprits....casting light on a situation, then correcting it would be best

22. PAgamer07

Here's what Im doing soda:

Post game evals which are a little more basic than what you have, but address all unsim characteristics. Teams get 1 warning. If their next user game its the same stuff they are booted.

Review the dynasty wire. Making sure starters are benched in blowouts going into the 2nd half. Its a lot of work, but right now me and AJ both review it looking for trends, so the more eyes the better.

Occasionaly checking leading team's receivers to make sure they aren't WR3/WR4 or HB

It's definately something that drives me crazy as well and I am working on trying to reign in a couple of guys over there too.

23. PAgamer07

Ill be honest, Ive used a couple.

On obvious passing downs, I do pass commit. Unfortunately Ive been burned on a ton on draw plays so I dont use them as much as I did in NCAA 10.

I never, ever use run commit.

Late in the game, if Im ahead I turn on whatever the conservative one is for rushing. I dont want to fumble.

On key 3rd downs, I will turn on whatever the conservative setting is for receiving. Dont want to drop that crucial catch.

Those are the only ones I use. And Ill be honest, I didnt know none were allowed here..

With that said, these are nowhere near as broken as they were in NCAA 10. It's easy to draw a defense offsides if they have jump snap on. Last year it was impossible. And pass commit, you will get absolutely gouged if your opponent runs a draw play. Not sure about the others but these are the ones Ive noticed.

24. SodaAddict

Pass and Run commit aren't game plans, but Run commit is definitely illegal because if you guess right, it's just automatic destruction and that's not how it should be. Pass Commit is only legal on obvious passing downs and the draw is a spectacular counter to it.

But what you were saying, pa, is one of the reasons I put this up. I mean, I never use anything, conservative rushing, conservative catches, anything, and as many close games as I've lost in this league, what if my guy dropping a catch on a crucial 3rd down was the difference in the game... where if I had the conservative catching turned on, I could have won... or vice versa what if my opponent turning conservative catching on for a crucial 3rd or 4th down causes him to catch a ball he normally would have dropped and it leads to the game winning field goal?

It is, by definition, an unfair advantage that one person would choose to use it and the other wouldn't because they were trying to follow the posted rules.

I'm not calling anyone out at all, I'm just wanting to figure out if this is an area we need to address. I am fine with not using them, but not if everyone else is going to be using them whether they are banned or not.

If the case is that people are going to use them no matter what, then I will address them, otherwise, if people all agree to use the honor system and never use them at all, then I will leave the rule as it is. :)

25. PAgamer07

Hey Ive got no problem at all not using them again, and I apologize Soda. Im hoping thats the only thing I screw up ;)