Offseason Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dakota7, May 20, 2010.

1. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Offseason Discussion

Ok, Bowl Season is almost here, so that means its almost offseason time. I think realistically we will get in one more season, so at this point the recruiting isn't all that important. That means we really only need to do the players leaving, position changes and possibly cuts. Is this cool with everyone?

Speaking of one more season, it takes about 8 real weeks to get thru one season. At least at our current pace. That puts us right up to the middle of July and the release of NCAA 2011. I'd like to try to make this last season go a little faster...can we shoot for 48 hour advances?

Let me know what you guys think.

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

While I'll be disappointed that I don't get a chance to recruit guys (especially since my recruiting class is shit) it's not the end of the world.

I'd be perfectly fine with 48 hour advances though.

3. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Yup and yup

4. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I'm fine with 48hr advances for the next season.

I'm fine with skipping the recruiting, but, if we wanted to do 2 weeks of it or so that would be good too.

5. dakota7

We dont have to skip recruiting. Its just an idea to try and speed things up a little. Actually, doing the first 2 weeks wouldn't be so bad, gives us a chance to lock up those last couple guys.

6. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

I had planned all along on locking up some needs during offseason recruiting, so any offseason recruiting we can do would be great.

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

+1

Offseason was pretty much my recruiting time...

I'd be all for trying to setup a time when we all were on to bang out the recruiting in one night.

8. dakota7

I'm ok with trying for that also. One night would definetely speed things up.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

I like the 48 hour advance, and I don't see myself doing much recruiting with one year remaining.

10. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I'm okay with trying to bang it out in one night if possible. Twist and I do that is our other dynasties and with 12 teams it only takes about 2hrs. I'm only allowed to sign 4 more players to get to my 18 schollie limit so I would also be okay with just 2 weeks.

Every 48hrs adv would be great.

11. dakota7

Allright, we'll try to figure out a time once we get closer to the BCS title game.

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am ok with 48 hours and another season. I will be gone this weekend but will return early Sunday night.

13. dakota7

As soon as Beazus and I play, we're gonna move to the offseason. I'll leave players leaving up so everyone gets a chance to look at that, but we're gonna blast thru transfers and into recruiting. You can always cut unwanted transfers later, if needed. We'll look at recruiting, hopefully we can skip the last week or two.

14. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I'm going to need some time for recruiting. The computer signed 5 QBs last year, so I need to sure up some depth at a few positions. Plus, the computer only signed 4 2* guys.

15. dakota7

That's no problem. We'll see how fast we can get to Week 1 and maybe we can set up a time this weekend to finish up all at once.

16. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I am in for the offseason thing except foir Saturday night. I am gonna get hammered at a party and play some volleyball!