Offseason Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Jan 30, 2011.

?

When is best to do the Offseason grind? (PLEASE SELECT ALL THAT WORK FOR YOU)

1. Friday, February 11 Evening

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Saturday, February 12 Morning (We've done it on saturday the last several seasons)

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. Saturday, February 12 Afternoon

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Saturday, February 12 Evening

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Sunday, February 13 Morning

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  6. Sunday, February 13 Afternoon

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Sunday, February 13 Evening

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hey everyone, just wanted to go ahead and get this started.

We are probably looking at hitting the offseason the weekend of February 11-13 (maybe a day or two before that).

Please start planning for the Offseason grind. I have put up a poll to see when would be best. If you don't know yet, wait until we get a little closer, but feel free to discuss.

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I chose none because I'm taking my son to Daytona that weekend for his 3rd birthday. We're gonna be taking him to his first race, The Budweiser Shootout.

3. mboda

mboda Walk On

Saturday morning seems to work out for most people

4. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I would need to be done by 4 PM EST on Saturday or Sunday. If we could start at 11 am EST or noon that would be ideal.

5. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Hey guys, friday would work awesome for me...... Not that the new guy's opinion matters lol

6. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I voted for Saturday morning. I may be around Fri night since the redshirts are having theirs too.

I turn 21 the 13th so I won't be around sat night. I can't recruit though so my vote is pointless anyways.

7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Any other news on this as we will be advancing to the bowl games tonight?

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Yea I'm curious about this too since I have points to spend on an un-touchable recruit.

9. SodaAddict

It's definitely going to be Saturday morning, the voting wasn't even close. When would be a good start time?

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Ok, well I'll be in Daytona so everyone keep your grubby little hands off the recruiting board. LMAO. No, seriously keep them off. @SodaAddict, does that mean you won't advance to week 1 until monday night?

11. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

11:00 est??

12. fuzzyl0gic

11:00 est should be good.

13. SodaAddict

Will probably plan on getting to preseason on Saturday night, and week 1 on Sunday night.

I will get the participation points updated through conference championships before Saturday morning. You can only make a claim on a player for the offseason recruiting period if you are participating in the recruiting process and priority will go to those with the highest participation points and on down, instead of the way it is listed as a random post. I will explain further when I update the points.

14. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Ok so wat time saturday night?

15. SodaAddict

The Offseason recruiting will be tomorrow morning (Saturday) at 11 am eastern.

16. SodaAddict

Final Participation Points List (In Order of Priority and Total Points)

Boston College - mboda - 60 (13 video Game Summaries (56+3 for above and beyond detail), 1 Heisman Winner Feature)
    Florida State - JOEDESIGNS - 55 (1 Random Points for Avatar Designs (3), 12 Video Game summaries (48+3 for above and beyond detail), 1 FSU Highlight Reel (1))
    Texas - MexiRican35 - 35 (11 Game Summaries (33), 1 Best Conference Feature (2),)
    Nebraska - fuzzy10gic - 30 (9 Game Summaries, 3 Points Added for Extra Information (27+3))
    Michigan - SodaAddict - 25 (6 Game Summaries, 1 Video Summary (16), National Championship Watch (3), 1 Bowl Projections (1), 1 Recruiting Board Update (3), Above and Beyond Detail (2))
    Purdue - - Cougars - (DivisibleDuke) - 25
    UCF - f4cekha0s - 20
    USC - BRI OSUBucks99 - 15 (5 Game Summaries (15))
    Florida - SuperBowlNachos - 15 (3 Game Summaries, Point Added for Extra Information (10), Recruiting board/updates (4), 1 Random Points for Initiative and Extra Work (1))
    USF - BakerWildcat7 - 15
    Oklahoma - T Bird8239 - 12 (4 Game Summaries (12))

17. SodaAddict

Please see the Participation Points Thread for point thresholds. Priority on same time period claims will go to the person higher up on the above list.

If you are going to use the 4 or 5 star player call-off during the off-season, then you must announce you are going to do so before we start the offseason in the morning. Otherwise, if you are not going to make the offseason or you prefer to use your points towards next season, please state your intentions before the beginning of Week 1, when Participation Points will reset.

18. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

If a player leaves for the draft does that open a recruiting spot?

19. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Leaves early I mean (sorry can't edit post on phone).

20. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

There's a chance Im gonna miss recruiting tomorrow fellas, would it be possible for someone to handle it for me?

21. SodaAddict

If someone were around that was willing to do so, that'd be fine.. otherwise you will just have to go on autopilot.

We are getting started now, and no one has claimed any offseason recruits, so it looks like they are fair game. Remember to stay within your recruit limits (those of us that have them). I will be watching.

22. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Yea plans changed so I'm good!

23. fuzzyl0gic

This will be a rebuilding year for Nebraska for sure. The QB position will up for grabs the next few seasons, and the team is really young overall.

24. duhdman1026

duhdman1026 Walk On

what time are we resuming the offseason stuff?

25. SodaAddict

Depends on when the people that missed the offseason this morning get their cut players in.

After that I will move us to the PreSeason and we will move to week 1 after everyone's readied up there or no later than 11:59 pm eastern Sunday night.