Offseason Expectations

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brogowicz

    Brogowicz Walk On

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1,334
    Guys,

    It was a great first year for me. I had lots of fun and look forward to many more great battles.

    I'm trying to get my expectations (and yours) set for tonight. 9:00 ET is 6:00 PT, which is right in the middle of family time. I let the wife know that I had a "football thing happening around 6". I figure I'll be able to spend the first 10 minutes actively participating and then will just have to jump in for a couple minutes after each advance. I'll stay as long as possible each time, but the wife will be on me if the kids get out of control while I'm "playing my game".

    I'm 100% for jamming through the offseason in a couple hours.
     
  2. egofailure

    egofailure Sim habits die hard!

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    Messages:
    3,309
    "Son, ear muffs! Listen, b-tch, I'm already living a life minus my friends, sex, and overall happiness. Can I PLEASE just have this ONE thing? It's the freakin' off-season!"

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Brogowicz

    Brogowicz Walk On

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1,334

    I love how you can see the hate on dad's face. Anyone that is married knows that 1-5% of time, you genuinely hate her in that moment. And then she turns back into the wonderful person I know for the rest of the 95%.
     
  4. egofailure

    egofailure Sim habits die hard!

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    Messages:
    3,309
    Haha, that's kind of cute.

    To answer your question seriously, though, a lot of guys sort of bounce on and off to handle their business while we wait to advance. Just mute your mic and keep checking back. Most of the fun with the off-season revolves around the discussion and ball bustin', though, so if you can at least catch a little of that, you'll be good.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mr2Bits

    Mr2Bits 352

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2009
    Messages:
    3,370
    Yeah...dudes will be in and out and we will all make fun of Bruce for being old, Ashley for being a midget hillbilly, me for being a choke artist, and G for being a bastard. At some point your wife will give you the look like "really, you've been playing with your virtual friends for the past two hours?" That is the point at which you remind her who pays the mortgage (y).
     
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page