Offseason FA bids

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I would like to make a proposal regarding these blind bids.

I would like to set up an "Ebay style" bid system for this.

Basically, if one team goes absolutely crazy to get a guy, and the other owners go sorta crazy, we need some way to balance budgets.

I would suggest that whomever wins the bid for a player, their bid is reduced to $10,000 above the 2nd place bid (in both base salary and bonus). The $10,000 number is a starting point to negotiate on, but I think it's fair since we cannot see any bids at all. I know we preach more realism with this setup, but honestly, GMs chat about offers and get feelers out to see what it would take to get a guy. With our current blind bidding system, we have no such feelers. I think this kind of rule would be fair, balanced, and helpful to the league as far as budgets go.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I endorse this proposal as well

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I don't endorse this proposal at all. The whole reason that the board last year intsituted the blind bidding system was so that guys would actually be "punsihed" for ridiculous bidding. Plus is adds to realism. If I am player X and Team A offers me $10 million and team B offers $5 million, then I am signing with team A because I will be making $10 million! Not $5.1 million.

I am a heavy heavy NO to this proposal. Obviosuly the 4 of us on the rules committee can overrule me on this, but I think the would take the fun out of it, and lead to HUGE bids...where a guy might bid $100 million on a guy knowing that "well I really want this guy so I just want to make sure I pay $10K more than the top bidder. Imagine if two guys do the same thing here...wow huge issues.

Def a no.

Please don't change one of the few things that has worked perfectly for us in the past.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Everyone has their thoughts about this. I personally would rather see open bidding with a limit on bids (even though I love blind bidding as well). If nothing changes about this, however, I won't cry about it. Just don't want people being stupid is all.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am going to have to roll with dunlap on this. I love how blind bidding works, i love how it punishes guys who go nuts and rewards those who are smart. I say leave it along. Plus its over complicating an already complicated system. - simple = easy

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I agree with Nate and Dunlap.

In theory, one team could end up with a player's salary eating up their entire cap.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, I know everyone can unlock this thread if they want, but I will lock this thread for now. I think that we all like blind bidding, and this close to the offseason, I want to see how blind bidding works with the new money system and maybe we can revisit this. For now, though, this is a dead issue and we need to focus on more pressing matters.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay I would lock it if I could. LOL

Anywho, let this issue fall off and we'll worry about modifiers and simplification more right now than this.

9. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

to lock: go to thread tools at the top right, then go to edit thread, then uncheck "open thread", this will lock the thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.