Offseason for Season 2!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Offseason for Season 2!

When is a good time/day to do it?

It works best to get it done in one night and one fell swoop. With advance on a Tuesday and Murk and Hur having to play after that I'd say we're looking at a Friday/Saturday/Sunday evening time frame.

Opinions? What works best for everyone?

J

2. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Any of those days are good for me after like 7eastern

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

sunday, but it would be awesome if we start the step by step process as early as possible

4. Jman

Oh, we will do that for sure. Just need to nail down a night to finish it all off.

Saturday or Sunday evening are best for me as I was just informed there is no way in hell I'll be able to do it Friday by my boss. (She's a med-student and has test block this week mon-fri so we were unable to do the V-Day think this weekend haha).

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Yeah, my birthday is coming up this weekend and my wife has "plans" for me.........

6. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Evenings are best for me

7. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

pretty much anytime after 9 eastern

8. wader49

wader49 Walk On

yeah anytime around there is good, ill make room in my olympic schedule lol

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I would prefer evening any of those days.

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well my recruiting is pretty much over. In fact I may go over unless Sterling Lucas decides to leave. I forgot to claim that SS that transferred last offseason therefore if Lucas doesn't leave I will be looking at (gasp) SANCTIONS!!!

11. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

I have a question regarding the rules:

I'am allowed to recruit 7 five star players this season, but there is absolutely no way i'll ever have 7 five star players interested in me at Oklahoma State.

If I go over my recruit limit (i'am allowed to sign 12 players, lets say I sign 14...) what will happen to me? Because i'am going to have 8 or 9 fivestars that I can sign next season as well, and being OKST i'll be lucky to sign 3.

Just something I thought about, that I'd like an answer to before we start the offseason process.

12. Jman

5*'s work as either 5* guys or as extra 4* guys instead, which often times is more plausible.

In regards to going over you actual limit, you would lose scholarships next year and likely have to cut incoming recruits that put you over. (i.e. the last ones signed of the caliber that put you over).

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

One thing you guys need to take into consideration is if you have any guys that transferred that are in their sitting year are NOT counted towards your team total. I found this out the other night when I was testing things.

Example.

You currently have 12 seniors and 70 playerstotal showing on your roster breakdown. If you have a guy who transferred to your team this past offseason you actually have 71 players and will only be allowed 11 scholly's. I would double check your recruiting classes and your total players. I'm actually having to hope my star linebacker leaves early so I won't be over my limit on 4*/5*

14. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Good to know, I was just making sure there was no loop hole there.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm good whenever.