Offseason Gameplan

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Okay, I don't have the names for all the people involved here, so bear with me on this post.

We need to get this offseason planning underway. It's right around the corner now.

After the OMFL Bowl, we have the mandatory cuts to 48 players stage. All teams must post their mandatory cuts separate from the other cuts to 48. I will post this in the offseason thread as a reply. So posts of cuts should look like this, folks:

Lions make the following mandatory TOP 20 Cuts:
    DT - Ndamukong Suh - 90 overall - above average cut
    LE - Adewalde Ogunleye - 82 overall - under average cut
    DT - Corey Williams - 78 overall - under average cut

Other cuts to get to 48 players:
    SS - Craig Steltz - 69 overall - 400,000 base salary/25,000 bonus/1/425,000
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

The players that teams are cutting to 48 are CAP HIT ELIGIBLE. Remember that, cap folks. So for those players, teams must list their base salary/bonus/modifier/total salary.

The mandatory cuts do not need salaries listed, as no cap hits apply to those guys.

All cap guys (past and present) check in and let me know who you are so we can assign divisions to all the cap guys. I will be responsible for a division as well as the total overseeing of the book, as (no offense to these guys here) I have the most experience dealing with the OMFL offseason and a cap book. I will need all cap guys to let me know when they are done with their assigned division(s) so I can double check them, and Colt, as cap lead, please check my divisions.

Remember that we are color coding all progressing and regressing players. Regressing players do NOT adjust salary. So if you change an overall to a lower value, and the salary changes accordingly (as it's supposed to by the formula), please make sure you key the value in for base salary/bonus manually in this case. Please, all cap guys, think about downloading a copy of the cap book to your laptop/desktop as a reference in case numbers are adjusted.

All rookies from this year are changed from purple to red, as they are now treated like free agent signees.

All modifiers edit UP, not down. So when we do the modifier changes that come with progression/regression, make sure to NOT drop a modifier down. Again, I will have a copy of the capbook when checking these and I will change things that get mistakenly changed.

For the draft, what I would like - emphasize like here - is a cap guy putting rookies on rosters as they are drafted, or at least trying to keep up with draft picks in the book. That way we're that much further ahead of the game. All rookies are standard salary locks, so just use the draft pick salary guide at the front of the cap book to put in the values for all rookies.

As I will probably be updating the pick-by-pick google doc of the big board (what Frisk did last year, unless someone else can keep up with this), we'll need a volunteer who isn't busy with other tasks on this day to update the book.

Make no mistake, guys. You're about to earn your "board member" title with this offseason. This is by far the greenest board crew we've had. No knock on you guys here at all - just facts. I think though that we will definitely be able to make this work and work well, but we have to be ready and prepared.

Check in, please.

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

depending the day and time we do the draft i would be up to updated the google doc as we do the draft..

3. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'm head of free agency but I think I was slated to get a division or 2. If it's 4 of us, I suppose we take 2 divisions each? But I'm checking in

4. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

lol i call packers divison sense i know GB and lions do not have that many draft picks lol

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know I have Dunn in, Dave in, myself in, Colt in, and Miklos in. Not sure who else right off the top of my head.

6. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Let me know what you need I am in...

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

i was under the assumption that since we were making teams cut to 45 that these players would not incur cap hits.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

No Jeremy, we want them to incur cap hits which makes them think about their roster, it makes cap an actual factor now since all teams will have its (which is realistic) and it makes them use up some of their cap. I think its a great idea.

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Gotcha, I am cool with this. I think we need to plan to have the draft on a Sunday evening. That always works best for most or the majority of people.

10. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah i am in. Glad i got the flu out of the way this weekend.