Offseason Ideas... Brainstorm with me

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can't help but notice that when we did the offseason without everybody all online at once it has went smoothly. I get the impression that besides all of the identified bugs, the system needs more time to process the various files and such than it requires... In other words if we are all online doing stuff then advancing in 10 minutes... We get errors. I also believe that if there are a bunch of users online at once, it also struggles... I believe that if we had slower advances during the offseason and fewer people logged into the dynasty at once, it would go more smoothly, and we'd avoid nights where we're all sitting there just doing nothing.

It hasn't given me ANY issues when I advance like kicking me out, or freezing, or anything like that, and so far (to my knowledge) everybody's stuff has uploaded to the server...)

So I want some ideas on how to do it. Should we give ourselves two days for the offseason?

There are around 9 advances or so... What if we did one advance per hour starting at 6 PM EST one day (starting with cuts), and then adjourned it after the 11 PM EST advance until the next day, then again starting at 6 PM EST the next day continued on... It would be 2 days for the offseason, just like any other advance week... And I believe the benefits would outweigh the negatives.

I know some people wouldn't be able to make certain things. I would be attempting to structure it so that the most important things are going on later at night when most are home. I would be available to log in for anybody in the league and do their players leaving or recruiting or whatever...

What are your thoughts.

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

You could take this concept and break it up into 3 days. 3 advances per day... maybe 8pm 9pm 10pm 3 straight days....?

When I commished a league, I was always a big fan of doing the players leaving right after bowls then advancing week 1 12 hours later, week 2 12 hours after that, week 3 in 12 hours, week 4 in 12 hours then giving anyone that needed week 5 a few hours to get theirs done. I would determine the advance time to week 5 to meet the needs of the few ppl that needed week 5 if possible. Then we would do the remainder in a day, pre season a day after and the whole thing took like 4 days. I liked that personally because I enjoy a small break between seasons, but I know I'm in the minority on that.

But yeah, I think you're on the right track.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

btw the single night bang it out offseasons are great if you have a working file...but fuck are they painful when you have to do all that other shit.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can't taylor it that specifically to the hours of a couple people, because then others would be missing out during those same hours you mentioned. I want the hours to be general ones that the majority of the league are up during, and yeah for our league I think 3-4 days would be WAY too much. But if the league preferred something like that, I'd have to think about it. The more people reply to this thread, the better. Thanks Brian.

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah just have 5-6 hour blocks through the day and lets get through this quickly

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    the 12 hour advances work well with LOC, I see it being the same here (we are more active here)

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That's four days mang. I could see it if we said 12 hours or until like 10 guys are done whichever comes first...

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    well maybe 1st two weeks recruiting 12 hours, then 6 for the last 3...pos changes- 12hrs, cuts 12hrs?

the 6 hours u could miss depending on hours