Offseason Itinerary

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Once we get to playoffs, I ask now that teams/owners that are eliminated to please begin prepping their team for the draft. This still means you MUST, MUST, MUST post every single roster move you make in your roster management thread. Re-signings, cuts - everything. Remember also that cap penalties will clear after the draft.

I would appreciate if you all could go through LeagueManager right now and take a screenshot/post what your team salary cap currently looks like. This will keep an accurate record of your cap situation should anything be accidentally deleted or changed. This HAS to be done before your team will be allowed to participate in Free Agency. If some of you are having trouble with this, please let someone know and I'm sure we can help. The AIM chat/blast would be a good place to ask for help as well.

See these threads for an example
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tmfl-tennessee-titans.67243/
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tmfl-new-york-jets.67175/
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tmfl-buffalo-bills.63267/#post-774659

Remember that your roster must have 7 open slots before the draft. League Manager says the max team size is 75 players, which would be a new development. Emmdotfrisk can you confirm whether or not 75 is correct? It used to be like 56 or something like that?

After the draft - progression will take place. Once we see progression, we will be able to make decisions on which players to re-sign. Typically we allow contract restructuring during this time as well but this year we will not - at least not initially.

After progression you will have a few days - probably 2, maybe 3 - to decide which players you would like to re-sign and which you will allow to walk into free agency. Remember, the first big free agency period will happen before the start of the season. After the first period ends we will start the season but run additional free agency periods on an as needed basis. After free agency quiets down it will opened up on a first come first serve basis, per usual.

Okay lets re-cap

1) Give your team a once over to prepare for the draft. Start to think about which players you are going to keep and which you are going to re-sign and maybe even which you would like to re-structure contracts with. (tentatively)

2) Screenshot & post your salary cap situation and players in contract years in your roster management thread. If you do not do this, you will not be able to participate in Free Agency. If you need help with this, please ask.

3) Restricted FA period or Re-sign period. This is where you will make initial decisions on the players that will no longer be under contract in the new season. Also, you must ensure that you have 7 spots available before the draft. If you do not - the CPU will cut players for you. Trust me when I say you do NOT want the CPU to cut players for you. Any CPU cuts made will be FINAL as it will be your own fault.

4) NFL Draft - something to think about, when do we want to do this? Typically a weekend works best for everyone.

5) Player progression takes place.

6) Restricted FA period or Re-sign period continues. This is where you make final decisions on the players you would like to re-sign. You may decide before the draft on players you would like to cut/re-sign as well.

7) Unsigned Restricted FA's are released into Free Agency pool.

8) Free Agency beings - will last a few days (3 most likely)

9) Season begins - additional free agency periods continue during season

10) Free Agency becomes first come first serve after a few periods (at least 2, sometimes 3 periods)

Thats all I can think of off of the top of my head. Expect to be reminded of this process often.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I believe 75 is correct. We thought it was 56 in HK but we had owners who had guys in the 60's. B0BJR0526 did you try this in Test HK, to test the limits?

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    75 is the limit. But as you know we wanted everyone at 56

4. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

so for the 7 spaces will we be working at 75 or 56?

5. Keller

Any reason?

6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Because we felt like allowing guys to go over 56, it would decrease the free agency talent. It would also take away another GM aspect and allow guys to just stockpile players

7. Keller

With the salary cap you think that would still be an issue? Excellent points though.

8. Emmdotfrisk

What we did in HK is looked at the mean team average salary in season 1 and compared it to season 2 and increased for the percentage difference. If we wanted to expand from 56 to 65 or something like that lets think of a league average salary per player and increase the cap by that number that corresponds with the number of players we want to increase.

9. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Did league manager fix their season 2 cap issues? That is one of the reasons we switched from LM to XFN.

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    A small salary cap increase might have to happen anyway with each passing season.

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Keller How are we determining RFAs?

12. Emmdotfrisk

I don't think so, AGS is fucked lol

13. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Yeah...i figured that. That means all of our season 2 caps will be wrong. League Manager doesn't account properly for bonuses. It becomes a mess.

Google Doc solution?

14. Keller

What are the issues?

15. Keller

We call RFA's just anyone that needs a new contract. They are restricted because current owners will get first crack before releasing them to FA.

16. Keller

What is AGS?

17. Emmdotfrisk

Any given Sunday

18. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

so...did we settle on 56, 65 or 75 max roster size??

19. JSimms

and does anyone know about how much $$ it will take to sign 7 draft picks?? This is my first off-season in this year's game...

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

No idea, but I need to know too since contracts are ridiculousness for some guys.

21. JSimms

I was told that it would be approx. $7 mil for 7 draft picks (in the 28th-32nd round range.)

22. Keller

We're gonna stick with 56. That means you need to be at 49 players before the draft.

23. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Keller

Are we looking at a weekend draft or weekday? And the time frame.

24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I am hoping for a weekend...

25. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Can anyone give me simple directions on how to take a screen shot of the roster that is readable. I cant seem to figure it out.