Offseason Monday Night

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Archie Griffin. . .thought I'd post this up to get us all on the same page for tomorrow night.

I am free 5pm-10pm central, although the earlier the better for me for sure.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we can do something like this, but it would be nice if we started at week 2 or 3 in recruiting, or get to a point where we can recruit from work, so we can be at it periodically all day.

If we could get through players leaving tonight, that would be useful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm free after 4:30 PM ET. I'd love to get the new season underway ..

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Which brings me to something - we decide to sway? We going with the sub-90, no awards, no AA teams, K/P excluded?

I think it's fair, but if not all of us know, some might sway or not sway without all the info.

Let's say yes to swaying under the above conditions. If anyone doesn't want that, speak here so we know.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I can hop on tonight until like 10 pm cst to do whatever... If I don't have anyone trying to bounce early, I can recruit from work

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

What time will we be advancing tonight? There is a slight chance that Wilson and Tuel could leave (not to mention Halliday transferring). This step is very important to me as my rebuilding process continues.

7. egofailure

Any chance I can get you to bend a little bit and make it 1st team AA and award-winners? ;-) You could level it out a bit by going with your slightly stricter sway numbers.

*I'm not affected by any of this in '11. Aside from Foles, I have zero 90+ players. No award winners, either, 'cept for my kicker.

8. egofailure

I wouldn't be able to recruit from work - EA is blocked. Sucks.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

I like it actually a bit more strict, the way he has it set up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I go to worK at 7pm. So I'll just go on auto

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

How soon are we gonna move? I'm not going to make it for much longer... Long weekend and it's gonna be a busy day a work.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sox ain't playing until later.

Could you do it before work in the morning?

If no one leaves, I could just advance, but I could wait if someone bolts.

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Same here and I will be at the football building until 8, and I have a ton of recruiting to do yet.

14. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

With all the conflicting schedules why don't we try a 7am 7 pm advance the next 3 days...this haswent smooth in very league I was in and no matter what schedule you have you wil be able to reach your p3 in that 12 hour group both times.....I work till almost 11pm est tmorrw and aso can't recruit while at work. If we go at this random it will take 7 days to complete or you will have a bunch of upset gys who went on auto.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Can we make it 2 hours either way? I go to work at 630am and dont get back until 730pm.

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I can try. Send me a text if you notice I've got guys trying to leave if you don't mind and then I'll know to hop on before I leave for work.

17. soxandgators

Sure easy that is the beauty of it we can mold it t fit each guys chedule...so a 6am 6 pm would work fine....and if archie doesn't want to get up early I don't mind setting my alarm and doing the advance for ya...just letme know archie if you need my help I don't mind at all.

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm confused. . .I'm all for doing something that's the best for the league, but there's gotta be a better way to do the offseason that spreading it out over 3 days.

If the majority (10+ of us) are able to go at a certain time, I'm sure the other two could give one of us their log ins and we could recruit for them and stuff. Even if I'm one of the odd ones out, I'd be fine with giving one of you my log in.

But 3 days for offseason is bad scoobies. . .

19. soxandgators

Just looking for a fair way to accomplish this fast and not have ppl upset. We are so far ahead of the advanced schedule 3 days for the offseason is cake.

20. Big D

Big D Walk On

I don't think we have that many conflicting schedules. I think 11 of us will be here after 8pm EST tomorrow it looks like, unless I'm missing something.

21. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I can be on around 9:30 est

22. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'm good either way. At a minimum, we should do two advances per day. I think that most steps are optional and participation should be optional - even more so with online recruiting.

As for fire walls, I can setup a remote desktop connection to bypass the connection issues. You can login to my computer from your work and recruit through that. Should work flawlessly. All Windows PCs will have all required software.

23. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

And I can easily cover for people as needed.

24. soxandgators

In a perfect world you would have 10 tomorrow but in my experience in ncaa leagues 10 guys commit and 5 or 6 show.Then everyone is upset they couldn't do there offseason. Will 3 days of making sure the offseason is done fair to much to ask ? Am i out of line here ?

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I agree with this. There's always someone AWOL, and we end up simming parts, and then captain AWOL feels shafted. Best to set solid times and advance on those. Let's start the off-season tonight, and try to do what we can tomorrow during the day. Every 12/12 = advance. Tomorrow night, we set a hard schedule and stick to it.