Offseason/new season questions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jello1717, Sep 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Offseason/new season questions

I'll start things off.

Do we have any rules about talking players into returning if they want to transfer or enter the draft? I play in an OD where noone can be talked back and I play in one where anyone <95 OVR can be talked into staying.

Given the caliber of the teams in this dynasty (my other are both BCS ODs) I'm guessing that we'll have different rules.

I just want some clarification since that part of the season is rapidly approaching.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

No, I don't think this has been addressed...I too am in another dynasty with BCS teams and we're totally "hands off" when it comes to guys leaving early, etc. I'd argue we need to be the opposite of that in the OFFL MM. How many guys in the MM are rated 90 and above? I'd doubt there's a whole lot that could come back. I'd say we should be allowed to sway players back if we can. Let me go look over the rosters...

Here is what we have:
    Boise (3)
    CSU (0)
    ECU (0)
    Fresno (0)
    Houston (2)
    Nevada (1)
    UNM (0)
    SJSU (0)
    USM (1)
    TCU (0)
    UTEP (0)
    Utah (0)

So, in total from 12 teams we have 7 guys who are rated at 90 or above right now who could come back for Sr. or Jr. seasons...The teams you'd expect to have a few of them, have them except for Utah (Boise w/ 3 and Houston w/ 2 are the others IMO).

I'd be fine with us swaying any player back from entering the NFL or transferring. Just remember to keep the the 70 player limit in effect.

We also have to account for guys who may transfer in to our schools since we have the schools that are more likely to have BCS team cast-offs come looking for a place to play. My opinion is to allow transfers in. If that puts you over 70 then you'll need to cut someone.

Okay, so let me know what I missed on and what you guys think...

3. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

im instating the Bobby Bowden rule. your not allowed to transfer to my school.

side not on the stupidity of NCAA transfers. in my offline dynasty Florida RB Chris Rainey (99spd) transferred after his JR year to Florida State WTF????

i gladly accepted him though you dont turn down 99speed no matter where it comes from in a virtual world. real life that man coulda flunked out for all i care he aint getting to come to FSU.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I wouldn't have a problem if each user chose to accept or deny the transfers that come to you...

As for Rainey transferring to FSU from UF, I had some of the same stupid login in NCAA 09...I used UF in a dynasty as well as San Diego State and had some of the dumbest stuff take place. I had several QB's transfer from SDSU to Hawaii in consecutive years. Even this stud frosh QB who started for me and was named to the Freshman All American team left for Hawaii. Pissed me off...Then, Joe McKnight leaves USC and comes to SDSU. I gladly accepted him on to my team, of course. Ha...

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I'm going to assume it'd be nearly impossible to get all 12 of us online at the same time to do the offseason stuff...So, we'll advance once per day at a minimum.

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

How are we going to handle the recruits that get added during the off season?

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I had 5 guys leaving, only could convince one to stay lol

8. jello1717

Mine was similar. I could only convince 1 of 3 to stay. The 2 that left were both OLBs and they left me with only 1 on my roster now.

9. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

thats my question also. you say we would be penalized for going over 70. well i know for a fact no matter what if i dont fill 25 schollys the CPU always tacks on a few recruits after you advance the last week of recruiting. I usually get about 15-16 commitments and then the cpu adds anywhere from 5-10. plus walk ons. that can get you close to 75-80 guys depending on how many you start recruiting with.

and the players leaving what a joke i had 3 of them best one was like 82ovr WTF no way that makes it to the draft class. *shakes head*

10. jello1717

I've never, ever had the CPU recruit guys for me that I didn't want. I've never gone over my scholarship limit.

1. I have all CPU assistance turned off. If you don't turn this off, they'll sign guys for you and you should be penalized.

2. I only offer schollies to guys that I can sign. IE. If I have 2 slots left, I won't offer schollies to more than 2 guys.

3. Once you have signed as many as you can, remove the rest of the guys from your target list. It is impossible for you to sign more guys if you follow those 3 steps.

I think that anyone that goes over the limit should be penalized as we all have the power to prevent us from signing too many guys.

As far as walkons go, you will only get walkons for positions of need where you don't sign anyone. If you have 0 "needs" on your team, you won't get any walkons.

11. shane79013

shane79013 Walk On

i do the same thing. however in my offline dynasty with a created school i swear to you the cpu adds random ass recruits. they are never even put on my board. i have all the assist off.

last season for example i had 48players going into recruiting. thats 22 schollys i can offer. i had 22 people on the recruting board not a single person below 4*. by the last week i had signed 16 of those, took the ones that signed elsewhere off the board. i never aded anybody new to my board let alone offer a scholarship . i advanced past the last week. my final recruiting class was 22 people. 3 5*'s, 13 4*'s, 4 3*'s, and 3 2*'s. i had 1 positional need i couldnt get a recruit at the cpu added a 54ovr walk-on for me when it came time to add walk-ons..

so that is 16 targeted recruits, 6 random ass people i never heard of. 1 walk-on that comes out to 71 people. i would be unfairly penalized for some random crap i couldnt control.

now i will say that it does not happen every offseason. im in the year 2017 and i have had it happen only 3 times.

12. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Perfect...

13. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Well, if by chance a guy gets added we'll all likely be able to see who that guy was because he'll be rated at about 50...If any instances of this come up, let me know ASAP. Don't make any moves at all. Notify me, post on here, send me a PM.

14. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Please take this conversation to the similar thread Nati started....Keep it all in one thread for ease of reading.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.