Offseason News

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by HotRod, Apr 29, 2013.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Redskins sign:
    CB Dunta Robinson for 2 year $5.6 M.

He took less than desired to try to get himself a ring. He will be our nickle corner though we did like the contribution Sam Shields gave us last season. Robinson still has really good skills and is an upgrade. Our secondary is in great shape.

TE Charles Clay for 2 years, $2.4 M

We needed a solid 3rd TE and Clay is the type of TE we like. Athletic and good receiver with some decent run blocking skills.

2. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Raiders signed Marcedes Lewis - I believe it was for 3 years to replace Shockey who retired and to replace Shiancoe.

Gives us another option if we go to TE sets.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Packers add

HB Ahmad Bradshaw, who looks to add more big play potential out of the backfield. He will also take some of the burden off Jonathan Stewart. Also signed some guard, who despite being 80 overall has surprisingly low blocking ratings. He may wind up getting cut.

4. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I really wish you see their ratings during the FA process.

5. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Is it sad that I take the time to pre-scout the possible FAs? Its still hard as balls because you can't tell if they're FAs in 2015 or 2016.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dakota7

I spent sooooooo much time doing this for TMFL two weeks ago, only to see about 80% of my list were not actually free agents.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Bengals Making Waves:

Jon Casillas - 3 YR 2.40 Million - 800K a yr - 72
    Provides depth and Speed at OLB. Will compete for the ROLB job with incoming players.

Julian Thomas - 2 YR 2.14 Million - 1.12 M a yr - 71
    Athletic move TE. Is going to be used to create a number of mismatches in the #2 TE slot.

Tyrod Taylor - 3 YR 4.80 Million - 1.6 M a YR - 72
    The chosen Back up of LSUTRUTH. Brings some well needed athleticism to the QB position. Going to hold a clipboard however.

Alex Boone - 3 YR 2.85 Million - 950 K a YR - 73
    The back up RG. Brings solid run blocking skills and a veteran presence to an already experienced OL

Brandon Ghee - 2 YR 1.90 Million - 950 K a yr - 74
    Solid Man corner. However can and will be asked to play zone. A depth player. Looks as if he could challenge for the Dime spot.

Jake Bequette - 1 YR 750K - 74
    Not a scheme fit however is a great block shed guy with a high motor. Will be Mike Johnson Back up.

Chris Conte - 3 YR 2.73 Million - 910K a yr - 74
    Reggie Nelson has one year left on his deal. Conte is the guy tabbed to replace him if the LG makes it that far.

James Carpenter - 3 YR 2.49 Million - 830K a yr - 77
    A steal at 830 K a year. Solid run blocker. Could start at LG will be a battle at that spot.

Zach Bowman - 3 YR 3 Million - 1 M a yr - 79
    Should be the starter as the #1 CB from the day he steps on the field. Has a great combination of zone and man skills as well as great catch 71.

Looking to add a few more players as my roster only had 37 guys on it.

8. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Giants 2015 FA Signings:

TE - Rob Housler (71) - 3 years $3.45m - Housler is an athletic pass catching TE that will vie for snaps at TE2 with the still raw Adrien Robinson

OLB - Aaron Maybin (79) - 4 year $6.0m - Maybin is a speedy edge rusher that will help out in nickel sets and provide much needed depth to the LB group

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  9. dakota7

Packers add MLB Bruce Carter.

10. LSUTRUTH

What did you pay him ? I offered him 3.5 million a year.

In other news I signed dez Bryant 3 yr deal for 16.3 million a year holy crap

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

added DT Ty Warren

12. dakota7

I think it was $1.5m base with a $4.5m bonus

13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Called it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Man, missed out on all my top targets. Didn't realize McCoy was 92 OVR, he was 79 in my scheme. Only missed out on him by $2m, damn you Hokie Effect.

Also my backup target Luiget signed to HotRod s Redskins for less money and less guaranteed.

Sigh.

• Like Like x 2
  15. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Trade announcement

The Redskins and Bengals have struck a deal for CB Sam Shields.

Bengals Get:
    CB Sam Shields (80 OVR, 27 years old)
    Redskins 2nd Round Pick (64th overall)

Redskins Get:
    Bengals 2nd Round Pick (40th overall)
    Bengals 3rd Round pick (72nd overall)

The signing of Dunta Robinson made Shields expendable and the Skins were able to score a swap of 2nd round picks as well as a 3rd round pick. The Bengals add depth at corner with Shields who had performed well as the nickel corner for the Skins the last two seasons.

16. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    A couple Super Bowl trophies will do that!

17. LSUTRUTH

Bengals leave the RB position unsigned. After losing out on my top 2 choices in fa both if whom took less money than I had offered. Due to the bengals struggles last year.

The bengals could target a RB early in the draft. However signs point to the later rounds as they will look for a group to replace Mjd. Don't rule out a waiver wire claim either. We know the bengals are looking to trade back to in the 1st round.

18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I definitely thought he was going to get over $10mil as well. He is worth it too, STAMPEDE!

19. brizz98

brizz98 Walk On

A New Era In Tennessee

The Payton Manning Era is over in Tennessee after one season. Shortly after Manning's Retirement speech Coach Brown would trade WR- Eric Decker to the Bears for RE 1year pro Terrell Hill. The Titans would also deal two solid back up O-line men to the Bears. After last seasons signing of Manning, Former 1st Round pick Jake Locker would be eager to get out of Tennessee. The Titans would lose Locker to Kansas City this Free Agency creating a glaring need at QB for the Titans. After looking over the NFL rosters coach Brown seen one guy that could come in and start. Brandon Weeden. The Titans would send Cleveland a 2nd Round pick for Weeden. The Titans still have Tampa Bays 2nd Round pick so the team could afford to lose the 60th pick in the draft. With all of his picks in tact and four 4th Round Picks, Coach Brown looks to be leaning towards WR's in this upcoming draft and back up O- line men. This team could also be looking at QB's still. We will just have to see tonight in New York.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dakota7

Did you deal your first rounder?

21. LSUTRUTH

No. I have the 8th pick in the draft