Offseason night - season 1

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Jul 31, 2011.

?

What night do we do the offseason?

1. Wednesday night 9pm pst

63.6%
  2. Thursday night 9pm pst

72.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

We will be advancing to the CCG's no later than tomorrow evening, and I would expect us to get through the bowls in a day or so (depending on the number of user vs user matchups).

Based on that we could be ready for an offseason night as early as Wednesday night.

Please vote on your availability.

2. Dru50

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I might not be able to do Wednesday based on my Weight loss challenge. Therefore I voted Thursday. However if it is Wed, I will try and get out asap.

4. Dru50

Something we've done in my prior leagues that is very helpful, is that if you can't be there for an offseason night, give your gamertag login information to someone in the dynasty you trust (hopefully most everyone after a while) and give them instructions on what you need done for the offseason (such as position changes, recruiting, etc). That way we keep the process moving and you don't get hosed out of the process entirely. We did that for the last 6-8 seasons of Trifecta and it worked great.

If you need a stand-in, you can send me your info via pm and I'd be happy to help you out.

5. Dru50

Also - It's nice to have everyone in a chat for the offseason, but I've heard that the dynasty chat isn't working on this years game (shock!).

How many of you guys could do a skype call for the offseason night?

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Hey can you PM me, or tell me where to change my login info so I could potentially use this dound the road? Also, would this stand in need to a TSO community member?

I can do either night, if we do wed can we wait until 9:15 pac time so I can be 100% there on time?

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I can do Skype. Let's just skip the bowls and off-season tomorrow night.

8. Dru50

My preference would be to have your stand-in be a TSO guy, that way I can trust that they will know the rules of our league. In any case, any mistakes made by a stand-in you would be responsible for.

I'll shoot you a pm, and we may not start the offseason right on time at 9pm. If we know you will be running slightly late we will hold up the first advance until you are there. As always, communication here on the forums is key. Generally, what we'll do is advance to a stage the morning of the offseason night to get a headstart, and then look to be ready to move to the next stage as close to 9pm as possible.

9. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Wednesday is my band's rehearsal night. (Every Wed.) It's actually the only night thats ever bad for me, other than the one or two weekends a month where we have a gig on a Friday or Saturday night.

(EDIT: Duh, I forgot you guys are talking PST. I can do either night, as we'll be wrapped up well before midnight EST.)

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If we do the skype thing you guys can play for us while we recruit ;)

11. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I still have a user game VS bucsfan047 to close out the season. Ive tried adding you to my friends list but yours is full. I can be on any time this afternoon. Or any time tomorrow. Just name a time and I'll get on. (I have already scheduled my USER game in my other Dynasty for 7 PM pacific tonight, could also play after that.

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I can make most evenings work with some advanced notice.

13. Dru50

Currently bucsfan047 is on AP, if we don't hear from him by tonight, go ahead and play the CPU tomorrow.

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Hmmm. Well.I shooooooouuuuuuld make it. But isn't this why you gave a vote?

Also, I don't have a sype but you clant just invite to a party as we've been doing in Live?

15. Dru50

I was speaking generally. With 12 guys you can almost never find a night everyone can attend. If a few guys can't make the selected offseason night we won't hold up the majority of the group. Just an FYI to everyone about how I run things.

You can only live chat with 8 guys, which was why I brought up the skype possibility.

16. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Either one works for me. Dont care which we choose.

17. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I currently don't have Skype, although I could download it. However, my xbox is currently nowhere near my PC. I'll just play that part by ear. However, I'll be on, no matter which night we do the offseason.

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

+1 im good either night...don't know squat about skype though.

19. Dru50

If any of you have smartphones there is an app for skype that is free, which is how I use it. Signing up and adding folks is pretty easy, it must be if I can pull it off.

20. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

you call people on the internet, if your phone is a smart phone, you may be able to download the app. It costs like $3.00 per month

21. Dru50

It's free on the iphone.

22. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

To use skype, it is free. To get the app it is free, but not the service.

23. Dru50

Hmmm, I don't pay anything to use the app on my phone....

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

My phone is anything but smart :) I have a regular ole' cell phone, nothing fancy.

25. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I have skype on my laptop.... is that an option recchem?