OFFSEASON NIGHT: Wed. 11/18, 10pm EST

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

OFFSEASON NIGHT: Wed. 11/18, 10pm EST

I am somewhat surprised but very pleased that we are all on board for this! Here is the plan for Wednesday:

2pm EST: National Championship Game (GT vs. UF)

3pm EST: Advance to the week between the end of the National Championship and the Off-Season. Grab any stats or info that you want during this time period.

8pm EST: I will advance to off-season recruiting (players leaving and transfer acceptance will be simmed; you can cut any transfers that you don't want) and Dat will grab the bonus information for off-season recruits and post it here ASAP. DO NOT RECRUIT UNTIL YOU SEE THIS LIST! Should be ready by 8:30. If you have a chance after the list is posted, set up your off-season recruiting board so that things can move more quickly.

10pm EST: I need everyone to start getting on as close to 10 as possible. If you have a mic, plug it in because everyone in the dynasty can hear each other with no party chat needed. Anyone who thinks they might be late, please try to get your week one finished before 10. We will advance to Week 2 of the off-season by 10:30pm EST at the LATEST. Everyone has said they will be there, or if not to go ahead, so if you aren't there you have no one to blame.

From that point on, we'll move week-by-week of off-season recruiting until cuts. NOW, listen to me and listen carefully regarding cuts. I WILL be saving the dynasty right when we get to that point, so if ANYONE cuts any NON-TRANSFERS, there will be severe penalties. I will be cross-referencing my list with your rosters at the beginning of the season. Do not even think about trying to pull one over on me ;).

Yada yada, we'll keep going through the off-season to get to the pre-season. At this point, you can either do your redshirts real quick, or if you have to log off no problem. I will start working on the schedules and we'll advance to the regular season Thursday night.

Thanks to all of you for bringing this whole thing together. It is pretty fun when there are people talking about recruits, ripping on each other, etc.

One reminder: When you are finished with an off-season task and your redshirts in the pre-season, PLEASE SET READY TO ADVANCE.

ANOTHER REMINDER: Do not forget to write down and then post on the forums your position changes. I'll be able to cross reference a saved copy of the dynasty with your rosters to start the season to make sure they match up. If anyone suspect position changes occurred, you will be forced to bury the guy on your depth chart. Failure to do so will result in a stiff penalty.

See you guys tomorrow night.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Awesome!

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

As an AVID guy, I have a couple of requests.

Ideally, I would have a copy of the file after the national championship is played and before we advance to the offseason. It sounds like that'd be available between 3PM and 7PM EST (when I'm at work). If I can't get it after the NC game, then I at the very least need it after the bowl games and before the NC game (I've already saved one offline after my bowl game, but it won't have the bowl results of the other teams).

Here's what I ask to see if it's possible:

1. You advance to the NC game week tonight so I can grab the file again (post everyone's bowl game except for the NC).

2. If possible, the 7PM time is moved to 8PM EST which would give me time to grab the file after the NC game and before the advance to the offseason. This would be the best case scenario for me and would still give us 2 hours to do the first week of recruiting before we all get on.

If #2 isn't possible, then I'd like it if someone who is not the commish of any OD could grab the file between 2PM and 7PM so that they can host it for me and I can join their OD so I can get the file.

How does that sound?

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The only problem with that is that two instances of the same dynasty on the server at once can cause issues I'm told. I will be advancing to the National Championship week shortly. Dat and I agreed on 7 to do the advance to recruiting so that people that might be gone from 8-10 might be able to get their stuff for week 1 done beforehand.

I have two options. a) I'll ask Dat if 8 is okay with him. If not, then b) I will gladly type out all of the stats from the National Championship game for you. What do you think you will need? Like I said I have no problem hooking that up for you.

Either way, that should work out for you I would think.

5. jello1717

Yeah. As long as someone saves the file, I shouldn't need them to upload it to an OD for me. Mainly what I'll need from the end of the season is the national champ, conference winners (which I'll have) and the record (W/L, PF, PA) for all of the conference winners. With the file before the game, I'll have that for everyone but GT and FU so I think all I'll need from you is:

Who won the NC
    The final overall W/L, and final PF and PA for both GT and FU.

6. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Can you post the user team transfer list on the forums?

7. jello1717

Yeah. What he said. AG did that last year, and since we can't talk anyone back, it's essential (especially since we can't see our rosters any more during the offseason).

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Sounds like we're going to do 8 EST instead of 7.

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

As I said before, I will be probably 15 minutes late tonight. I have to run tennis practice from 8pm-10pm, so I should be home around 10:15pm EST. I WILL be getting on then. If possible, I would really appreciate it if you could hold off on advancing past week 1 until 10:30 like you said above as this offseason is pretty important for my spartans.

Thanks guys.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No problem JC. There are usually a couple guys that end up being a little late, so that's why we'll hold up a little bit.

I edited the schedule a bit -- we're going to be advancing to recruiting at 8pm and will have the bonus list posted ASAP afterwards.

I'll post a list of all user transfers from that stage. I'll also be saving the file offline after each advancement, but saving the cuts stage as a special name so I can cross-reference that with everyone's roster to start the season. Like I said, the penalty will be MAJOR.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

ANOTHER REMINDER: Do not forget to write down and then post on the forums your position changes. I'll be able to cross reference a saved copy of the dynasty with your rosters to start the season to make sure they match up. If anyone suspect position changes occurred, you will be forced to bury the guy on your depth chart. Failure to do so will result in a stiff penalty.

12. jello1717

If you're doing practice between 8 and 10, would you be able to get on and do your recruiting for week 1 between 7 and 8? I'm going on the assumption that they're moving it from 7 to 8 for me, but as long as Basis writes down the final records/PF/PA for GT and FU, that won't be necessary for me.

I'll get an early start.

1. I'm moving a CB to QB as a backup until Forcier leaves.
    2. I'm moving a FS to DE.
    3. Since I have so many CBs, I'm also moving a CB to OLB.
    4. I have too many WRs so I'm moving a 6'5, 185 lb, 96 speed guy to TE.

Those are the only ones I can remember right now.

Also, do we need to post every L* <-> R* change (IE RT -> LT or LOLB -> ROLB)?

13. jello1717

Scheduling:

I already have 3 user games on my schedule with ND, PSU, and MSU but if their coach is willing, I would love to beat up on Army and Denard Robinson.

If Shaun accepts this challenge, however, be forewarned that I'm telling every player on my defense to go for his knees every opportunity that they get.

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I could get on and do week 1 at 7, i have to leave at 7:30 so if its all set to go at 7 then I will get week 1 done. I'd prefer to do it this way so I don't have to rush back, but let me know.

15. jello1717

Then I'd say that if you guys moved the time from 7 to 8 for me, then just write down the little bit of info I need and go back to the 7 advance time. That way JC can do his stuff before 8 (but wait for Dat's new offseason bonus recruit list first) and then we won't have to wait for him to get to week 2.

16. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I may be late to. Have to run to the mall for my wife tonight at 5:30.Maybe alittle late getting in. Ill try for 7PM CST

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

We're not starting the actual off-season night until 10pm eastern Jmill.

18. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Cool...Good to know

19. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Does everyone forget I started 1-7 this season? Why do people want to kill the Cadets?:)

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have to work in 6 hours...night guys.:)

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That was awesome. Thanks Basis, great job.

I need to buy another headset. So frustrating listening and not being able to talk.

22. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

We were on a chat line?? How did I not know this?? I had my headset out and on but never saw or heard anything...Hmmmm.

23. jello1717

I guess I do too. I sent Basis a voice message earlier in the day, but for the OD night, it didn't work. I hope I can fix mine as the new ones all have the mute button on the damned wire instead of the controller like mine (I think).

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That was indeed awesome last night guys. Thanks for putting in the time! I know a bunch of you guys have work early and other obligations. Thanks for making it go fast. Pretty cool to have the National Championship played on a Wednesday afternoon and to be in the next season the following night.

After the first couple weeks of recruiting it really picks up speed. Realistically, you only need to stay until you finish your position changes.

I got on such a roll that I just had to finish them. Yep, I'm talking about the schedules for next season. It is kind of a pain in the ass like everyone says, but I don't mind -- kind of fun for me. I'll get them posted ASAP so you can all see who ya have. GT wanted to play Florida (and vice versa) but in the end it just wouldn't work out. EVERYONE has three regular season user games. With the way that some of the conferences lock their scheduled (BIG XII leaves virtually no wiggle room, Big 10 also difficult) games, I had to do the best that I could.

That said, I think the schedules are pretty good. Everyone has 12 games. Everyone has 6 home and 6 away. Everyone has an A or A+ schedule except for Army. Mississippi State and Michigan State's out of conference schedules are a little bit lighter than the rest of ours.

I'll get them posted ASAP, but it might not be until tonight -- I have a job interview in Queens at 3.

25. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Were you able to work in some of the BCS buster teams?