OFFSEASON PLAYER RESIGNINGS: Please start posting them now!...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Oct 27, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Gentlemen, it would be a HUGE favor to Eddie and me (and the rest of the league) if you would start posting your off-season player resignings NOW rather than wait until after the PMFL Superbowl has been played. I understand that we won't know the actual player progressions/regressions or retirements until after the online franchise is advanced to the draft phase. However, each of you can determine, roughly, who on your roster will be progressing/regressing around the 80ovr threshold and/or who on your roster will be retiring. Please proceed by posting your resignings in the appropriate team thread in the Offseason Player Resignings forum. Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation!

What we're asking of you is this...

1) Please start posting your player resignings for those players you KNOW will be under the 80ovr threshold. There is no limit.

2) Please start posting your player resignings for those players you KNOW will be over the 80ovr threshold. You are limited to one player 80+ovr and one franchise tag, and any additional incentive resignings* based on your overall record at the end of the season. Incentives DO NOT apply to playoff teams.

*INCENTIVES: 10+ wins = +3; 7-9 wins = +2; 4-6 wins = +1; 0-3 wins = 0

3) For any players that you intend to resign where it may be questionable that their overall rating may fall over the 80ovr threshold and you won't have enough incentives to resign the player, just indicate that you intend to resign them if they remain under 80ovr and you won't have any incentive power to resign them if they fall over 80ovr.

4) For any players that you intend to resign where it may be questionable that they may retire, please indicate that you intend to resign them if they do not retire.

5) Just proceed with advancing the current offline file to the off-season, and determine your players from there. All contracts MUST be for the number of years that the player is demanding. If you aren’t changing any of the financials, please, please, please just indicate “DEFAULT” for the contract amount as it makes it MUCH easier for us from a file mgmt standpoint.

6) If the player is demanding more money than the “default” contract, DO NOT offer them more years. Offer them more money on the contract. If they refuse to sign at the highest contract amount for the number of years they are demanding, THEN you can increase the contract by a year and continue to meet their financial demands.

2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

|

Just to clarify, we cannot change the number of years on the contract?

3. dablakpope

dablakpope Walk On

I would love to make my resignings now but I have to wait til player progressions com out so I can make some decisions.

4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thx for pointing that out, Jim. One player can be signed for any contract terms as long as they agree to it.

That's fine, Pope. Just post the players that you know you will be resigning, and then indicate the others that you aren't certain about yet.