Offseason (please read/post)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 3, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Offseason (please read/post)

To help JV out and to make our offseason move smoother/faster I've decided to go ahead and start a thread with offseason/season gripes/schedules. If you would be so kind in trying to keep it somewhat organized so it's not too hard on JV's eyes, lol.

Subjects:

Sliders- Any gripes or suggestions
    Home and Home Agreements- Current ones and "wishlist" matchups. Both owners must agree or subject to JV's approval
    Recruiting Date- What day do you prefer we do the offseason tasks
    Team Changes- List desired team change (JV approval needed)
    2011 Recruiting Numbers- I'll post them up once we advance past the NC. Please be aware we're moving to the new system so be careful when filling your board next year.

Or anything else I might of missed.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

JerzeyReign/Tennessee Volunteers

Sliders- I honestly think we need to adjust some things. Nothing on the Human side but maybe turning the WR catch down a bit. For the computer maybe we should bump the CPU Running Abilitiy/Run Block up some.

Home and Home Agreements- My current H&H agreement ends this year. UNC comes to Rocky Top

Recruiting Date- Think we should handle that on Saturday afternoon or maybe even Sunday. Maybe we can advance slowly until the weekend.

Team Changes- Ummmmm.....

2011 Recruiting Numbers- Unknown. I'll be posted that up sometime tonight or tomorrow. I have a rough list that is subject to change (have to look at some final stats)

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Bigtubb/Pittsburgh Panthers

Sliders- No Comment or feeling about them

Home and Home Agreements- Unless im going to Tennesse (to play Jerzey), It really doesn't matter

Recruiting Date- No go on Tuesday....Open any other time although I might be done recruiting after week one....

Team Changes- N/A

2011 Recruiting Numbers- Well for this offseason. I only have two scholarships left (per dynasty rules)....14/16

P.S
    After spending about 3hrs and 15mins on Junior WR. J. Baldwin he decided to stay in school. His rating is 93.

4. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

sliders- I like them, but wont mind if we make them tougher

Home and Home agreements- I need to schedule someone, if anyone is interested, i had one human game lst year i think

Recruiting date- just name a time and me and leonidas should be good...wednsday night and sunday morning are the only days that wouldnt work good for us

Team changes- Leonidas is wanting to change..hes really been struggling lol hes wanting Oklahoma if that is approved by Jvig

2010 recruiting numbers- dont know mine off the top of my head can update later though

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Sliders i hate them. Just look at my scores and tell me that they are just right. cant remember it was 260 something to 50 or 60 something

Yeah i need someone in the Big 12 so i like that.

I'll grab u buckeye. We had one last season but i didnt get to play

6. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

sounds good ND...i think you might feel different about the sliders if you dont start out so bad...but ok with me if we change them

7. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

sliders- I like them, found them challenging, but wouldnt be against making them even harder

Home and Home agreements- I'm happy with whomever is scheduled
    Recruiting date- I'm around most of the time
    Team changes-I'm sticking with the Canes

2010 recruiting numbers- cant recall.....and ps i hate recruiting restrictions

8. NDCOLTS1979

idk i just know in the 6 games i played it was ugly. i was sleeping the entire 2nd half of every game

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

How bout...

VT/Oklahoma(Leo)
    Florida/USF
    Pitt/Michigan
    Tenn/UNC
    OSU/Tex
    Bama/Notre Dame

I think JV wanted to have Notre Dame play a Big East team for his "championship" game or something like that. But this right here gives everybody at least 2 user games. I think ND and I will be the only ones with 3. 3 is a very round number but I know from experience working schedules to make that work is a pain in arse, lol

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My rough guess on a challenging CPU

Move Human catch down to 45 (Use conservative catching to compensate for drops if their a problem)
    Move CPU QB Acc to 10
    Move CPU RB Ability to 50
    Move CPU Run Block between 25-40

Edit: Didn't know he advanced past the NC

11. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

I wouldnt hurt us...just make the cpu better

12. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Sliders - Definitely should be harder. I didn't really get any sense that I would lose to a CPU team this season. Of course I know there were some losses by others but it should be tougher overall.

Home and Home Agreements - I don't have a contract currently and I am open to playing anyone.

Recruiting Date - I have work on Thursday from 5-9 PM est. Outside of that I am free. On Friday I work 3-9 but may be busy after work. Saturday I work 9 AM - 3 PM and should be able to do it later in the day. Sunday I am off so anything should work on that day.

Team Changes - N/A

2011 Recruiting Numbers - I won 11 games, won the Big Ten, and lost the NC so I get 3 5 stars. For 4 stars I had a winning record vs. rivals so that is 1. I am currently a 5 star program but will probably go back to 6 so I'm guessing that will be 12 more 4 stars, 13 total. I don't have the game in front of me so I don't know how many seniors are leaving.

13. Maximus21

I'd be cool with playing Pitt, but I only have Ohio State in conference so I'd like another user game also. I don't wanna be that guy throwing out challenges so someone let me know if they want to play.

Also, I am curious as to how Leo jumped to Oklahoma.

14. NDCOLTS1979

I know i needed someone to come to the big 12. Its very lonely here lol. Yes Maximus i agree there was absolutely zero chance of losing to the cpu. I was going to start my second string one game just for fun and excitement

15. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

I'm done with players leaving...Talked everyone but MLB Hightower into staying

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

My f'n starting quarterback darted for the pros. I hope he dies, lol. I knew I should of benched 'em in the later part of the season. Now I have no quarterback with experience on my roster. You think JV will give me a FCS game to compensate, lol

17. NDCOLTS1979

Lol ummmm nope. Could be worse. I lost a Te to Arizona St and spent an hour with him and he say his hearts not in it anymore. Well i hope he has a heart attack lol

18. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

you couldnt talk him into staying?

19. Maximus21

I'm at work right now, but I'll get on the players leaving around 10 est. No one had big time years for me so I doubt anyone will go pro.

20. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

LOL @ ND and Jersey- sorry to hear about your guys leaving.

Thanks Jersey for starting this thread. I just accepted a 2-3 month position and now only have a 2-3 hr gap to get NCAA in but I'll be checking in as often as I can.

LEO is at Oklahoma to fill in a Big 12 spot.

The user vs user games look good.

Recruiting date- I'll have to do an advance every 6am and 6pm for offseason. (or just 6pm until the weekend and finish the rest).

21. NDCOLTS1979

no i spent an hour on him and thats what he told me what a bastard child

22. luvtotha9s

luvtotha9s Walk On

I believe your running back Shaw wants to leave early....not sure though

23. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Sliders- Maybe I'm the only one, but the CPU gave me fits this year. I'm happy where they are, but whatev.

Home and Home Agreements- I need to go @ BC. Is Jam still around, lol? If not, I am open for 1.

Recruiting Date- NOT Saturday night or Sunday afternoon

Team Changes- No thanks

2011 Recruiting Numbers- I'll take a look later.

24. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I talked Pryor into staying agin !! only took 30 minutes, said i showed him how important education was haha than why the hell is he at OSU? But, im not complaining

25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Man, I really hope EA adds personalities back in from last gen that way I can know what type of kids I'm getting. Breaks Peyton Manning's school record for TDs in a season and now all of a sudden think he's ready.

I wish I could save this OD offline. I would import the draft class and draft him. Then sit his stupid ass on the bench.

Now watch Florida/Bama talk all their just under 95 overall rated players back.

Guess, I'm back to square one. With most of my offense gone and key figures gone on D it looks like I'm looking up at Florida once again, damn!!