Offseason - Position Changes

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Position ChangesThe following rules apply for changing a players position in the offseason OR placing a player at a different position during the season (including through the use of formation subs). Specific formations such as the 2-4-5 which place OLB’s at DE are still acceptable even if the player (such as an OLB) would not meet the pre-requisites to play in those positions. Additionally, recruits that come in at a specific position may stay at that position even if they do not meet the below criteria.

QB – THP must be 70 or above (this applies to playing QB in non-wildcat based packages).
    HB – No restrictions.
    FB – Player must be under 6’3”, weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    WR – No restrictions.
    TE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    OL – No restrictions.
    DE – Player must be 6’1” or taller, weigh at least 225lbs and have a speed of 82 or lower.
    DT – Player must weigh at least 265 lbs and have a speed of 75 or lower.
    OLB – Player must weigh at least 220lbs and have a speed of 86 or lower.
    MLB – Player must weigh at least 230lbs and have a speed of 84 or lower.
    CB/S – No restrictions.
    K/P – No restrictions.

2. Dru50

3. Dru50

If you know of any players that you have on your existing roster that may change positions, please post them in here.

For example, I may have the following players changing positions (depending on players leaving and progression) as I move from a 3-4 to a 4-3 next year:
    DE Garrison Smith (6'3" 294lbs, 75 spd) to DT
    OLB Jarvis Jones (6'3" 241lbs, 80 spd) to DE
    MLB Alec Ogeltree (6'3" 236lbs, 84 spd) to OLB

4. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

HB James Wilder- 6'2" 220- 89 speed.
    I'd like to play him both but he has sub-par DB skills and is too fast for LB. He came out of HS as a HB/LB combo and I was wondering if I could start him at LB and give him goal-line carries on offense. His stats, just in case you want to see them.

Speed- 89
    Acceleration- 88
    Catching- 63
    Spec. Catch- 78
    Tackle- 84
    Hit Power- 79
    Power Moves- 60
    Finesse Moves- 65
    Block Shedding- 78
    Man- 68
    Zone- 61

His ratings at other positions:
    HB (Current) 79
    DE 81
    DT 81
    OLB 78
    MLB 77
    SS 75

I plan on playing him both ways if allowed, as you can see he isn't a great DB but I may want to give him some time at OLB if he's not too fast. He was expected to be a LB out of HS.

5. Dru50

He is too fast to be moved to LB, but you could play him at S if you wanted.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Kapono

How can you see his projected position ratings?

Oh, existing player...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  7. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Just checking because I've been hoping FSU would move him to LB. Also the speed limits may be a little too low, we may want to adjust them based on how fast LBs are in the game.
    I have an OLB with 86 speed and a MLB with 90 speed who will be back next year.
    UGA has a backup OLB Chase Vassar with 90 speed. Their top 3 MLBs have speeds of 85,84, and 90.

Dru50

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Ya, seems like some of those numbers are a bit off for a few positions.

I was just thinking that the DE min weight limit is a bit low at 225 lbs, while MLB has a min weight limit of 230. You can conceivably move a Safety that weights 228 to DE, but not be able to bring him down to MLB.

9. Dru50

Those limits are staying. Existing players at their default positions are different as are players recruited at those positions. Allowing a ton of player position movement reduces the impact that highly rated recruits have. Those settings have been used by the long standing leagues at TSO for 3-4 game cycles and we will be sticking to them.

Kapono if that kid were a LB in the rosters you'd be fine, but he isn't, end of story.

You will just have to make alternative plans.

Boom- I'm more likely to make allowances for guys who may be slightly off the weight requirements. If you have someone who fits that you can ask me tonight.

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I was just thinking that the DE weight limit should be higher....lol

I don't forsee any position changes of current players nor do I have an issue with it.

Having said that, I believe those settings were created taking into account the game's generated recruits for previous versions of NCAA and don't reflect this versions generated recruits.

For what its worth, here's some data of the weight of the 229 generated recruit DEs
    • average weight: 250 lbs
    • max weight: 305 lbs
    • min weight: 215 lbs
    • standard div: 15 lbs
    • first quartile: 240 lbs

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012