OFFSEASON SCHEDULE AND NOTES: MUST READ

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

OFFSEASON SCHEDULE AND NOTES: MUST READ

Hey Guys!

Offseason is just about here. We need everybody to be active and ready as it starts fast and furious on Wednesday. I am posting a schedule below to help us all prep.

Remember, we have a new free agency system that you need to read up in our rulebook (also I'm sure Nate will post more on it). We also need to make sure everybody is perfectly ready for Mandatory Cuts and the Draft which has been scheduled for 8:00 EST on Sunday.

PLEASE NOTE, trades are not open until after you have posted your mandatory cuts. Please post your mandatory cuts first then any trades after that....will save us a lot of headaches.

This is going to be a great offseason, and we will be ready for Season 3 by next week! If you have any questions please post or PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFSEASON SCHEDULE

Monday Night:
    Advance to Offseason : Retirements and progressions...cap books adjusted accordingly.

Wednesday: Mandatory Cuts Due by midnight Eastern.: Any cuts not submitted in time will be taken care of by the league presidents as they see fit

Thursday-Saturday: Free Agency (New Blind Bidding) and Trading Open: Nate will be taking all of the bids via email. Please study up on the new rules, and I'm sure Nate will make a separate post as well. Any free agent bids after Saturday will NOT fall under the blind bid rule...we will go back to our open forum bidding then.

Sunday: Rookie Draft, 8:00pm EST via AIM: We will be conducting the draft on AIM, details to follow. 5 Rounds, last two rounds simmed. Board members will be in a Mumble voice chat. Post with details will follow lter in the week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

10a - NEW Free Agent Claim & Blind Bidding System for OFFSEASON ONLY.
    (THIS SYSTEM IS IN ITS EARLIEST STAGE. CHECK DAILY FOR CHANGES)

Every team will have five (5) Claim Tags to be used to sign available Free Agents. The following process explains how to properly put a claim on a player and how the blind bidding process will go.

Go to the Waiver Wire Forum and post a thread this way: (If a thread already exists skip this step)

Thread Title:
    Free Agent's Name - Position - Ovr Rating

Next, inside the thread, post that you are placing a claim on this player and which of your availble claims you are using. ex; 1/5, 2/5,etc.
    You are then to email your bid for that player to omflfreeagents@yahoo.com. Bids can be any amount that is at least equal to that players minimum for his overall rating.

Immeditaely after placing a claim & sending in your bid, you will also be required to announce in a seperate stickied thread in the Waiver Wire Forum which player you have a claim on and how many claims you have available. A designated board member will keep this thread updated to keep track of active claims for each team.(More about claims explained later)

Example:

Joe Blow-QB-85ovr (Thread Title)

Steelers place a claim.
    1/5

A player will only be open for claims for 24hrs. after the FIRST INITIAL claim was placed on that player. Not 24 hrs from the last claim. Once the initial 24 hr claiming period is over only the owners which have properly placed claims & sent in bids on that player will be eligible to win that player.If an owner does not send in a bid,he will be force bid the minimum amount BUT the claim on this player will still be considered active until player is awarded. If only one (1) owner has placed a claim,the player is awarded to that team for the minimum bid. ONLY ONE (1) bid is to be sent per player in this stage.

(2:44:07 PM): Once 24hr claiming period is up, a few things will happen. For bidding involving 2 or 3 owners, the highest bid will win the player. If tied, just those owners will have the option of sending in another bid or simply staying pat with their initial first bid. For bidding involving four (4) or more owners, the top three (3) bids will be asked to submit new bids and the highest bid of those three will win the player. If tied, just those owners will have the option of sending in another bid or simply staying pat with their initial first bid.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'll go through the Mumble server and make sure it's all ready to roll for draft night.

Dunno if I will be able to stick around the entire draft but we'll see.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Gonna be fun Winuvas.....!

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Well, since the draft is on my girlfriends birthday...chances are...I won't make it...time to get started on a list...

5. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

8pm is a late start for me. I doubt I will stick around any longer then my 3rd pick (last pick). Can't wait though. Who will fall to me.

6. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

well since its on AIM, i will just do it @ work, dont have too many picks anyways

7. Big D

Big D Walk On

We have advanced to the offseasn. Please start working on your offseason mandatory cuts!