Offseason Schedule & Instructions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HAL9100, Feb 7, 2012.

1. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    It looks like the Superbowl will be played this afternoon/night. For all of these steps, we will advance sooner if everyone is ready but this is the schedule for each deadline.

1. After the Superbowl is played - Cut your rosters to 48 players. On XFN you cut players by going to Sign/Release and pressing the red minus sign button. You can see your current roster size in roster breakdown tab. XFN is working on their Salary and Cap system so it may be best to do this on Wednesday when it is rumored to be back up. So the plan is to advance Wednesday night unless XFN isn't back up.

2. Thursday 2/9/12 - Resign Players 1. On XFN you resign players by again going to Sign/Release. The players who are about to be free agents will have a red box around them. The maximum you can resign a player to is a 3 year contract. Before you resign them, some players will be Restricted Free Agents(RFA) and most will be Unrestricted Free Agents(UFA). At this point, you will only be able to resign UFAs. Here is how RFAs will be determined:

A. Players Age ≤ 26 Years Old and have and Overall rating ≥ 95
    B. Players Age ≥ 27 Years Old and have and Overall rating ≥ 90

Kickers and punters do not apply to this rule. Any players that meet that criteria will not be allowed to be resigned at this point.

3. Friday 2/10/12 - RFA & UFA Bidding 1. On XFN, this part will be done in the FA Bidding section. There will be ~24 hours given for this part. Here, people put in bids for players and after bidding ends, the highest bidder will get the player. For RFAs, the player's previous owner is not allowed to bid on them. Only other teams can. To sign an RFA though, a team will be required to send compensation of a 1st round and 3rd round draft pick of the next year's draft to the team that they're taking the player from. Bids cannot be taken back so make sure you're prepared to offer that in return before you bid on a player.

4. Saturday 2/11/12 - RFA Matching. If you win a bid on an RFA player, then you need to create a conversation that includes myself and the previous owner. For CPU RFAs, I will act as the owner. At this point, the previous owner gets to decide if they would like to:

A. Match the bid put in on their player and keep them.
    B. Allow the player to sign with the other team and accept the compensation of a 1st and 3rd round draft picks in next year's draft.

I don't anticipate this taking a full day so I won't mark it down as one.

5. Saturday 2/11/12 and Sunday 2/12/12 - Rookie Draft. Rather than try to schedule a time where we can all make it(and it happening over the weekend probably isn't great), I figured it'd probably be easier to just do it over a couple days so that there will be less down time for us all. If you guys would rather find a time we could all show up, then I would be willing to try and do it that way instead. On XFN, there will be a "Draft Console" inside of the Front Office tab in the offseason. You'll be able to see the rookies as soon as we advance to the Offseason and this is where we will be drafting the players.

6. Monday 2/13/12 - Rookie Signing. Immediately following the draft, you will be able to sign your new rookies. This will be done in the same way that Resign Players 1 was done inside of Sign/Release and with a maximum of a 3 year contract.

7. Tuesday 2/14/12 - Resign Players 2. If you have players that were RFAs and were not offered contracts, then you will be able to resign them at this point. A maximum of a 3 year contract.

8. Wednesday 2/15/12 - UFA Bidding 2. Anyone that has not been tendered a contract is now a UFA and free to be signed by anyone without any compensation needing to be returned to the previous team. This will again be ~24 hours for bidding.

9. Thursday 2/16/12 - Start of Week 1 in Season 2.

Any questions?

biggcoug65
    pitt4life21
    Axel3737
    TRudethaDude
    NeuroticTruth
    KcKilla
    a_bomb_13
    Hospital_heff
    KnuckleheadBoi
    Patrick S

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Sounds good. I'm free all weekend if we can find a good time to do the draft all in one day. With only 11 users it shouldnt take too long.

3. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

i think i am free all weekend long

4. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    We may end up pushing things back some. They just posted this notification on XFN:

"Roster breakdown and Contracts breakdown will be back later this week. Need to improve the code because the pages are very slow."

I'll see if we can get moving without these things.

5. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    With the Superbowl done, everyone is free to start cutting their rosters down to 48. With the rosters breakdown not up, you'll have to count your players to see how many you have.

6. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Can you cut RFA's?

7. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Yes, but since I haven't gone through and marked who the RFAs are, make note of any RFA you cut so that I don't miss them.

8. a_bomb_13

a_bomb_13 Walk On

How can you tell if they are RFA

9. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    a_bomb_13

10. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Here is the RFA list.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
  12. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    I'm done with resigning.

13. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

also done with resigning

14. a_bomb_13

a_bomb_13 Walk On

done resigning but where do you find out your cap room

15. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    You can go to your team page and subtract it or go to the "FA Bidding" tab in the "Front Office" section of XFN and it will tell you your cap space available.

16. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Go to Front Office > FA Bidding. It should tell you your available Cap Space

17. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Yep, that's the only way to see it right now since the contract and roster breakdowns are down. Hopefully they'll be back up today or tomorrow.

18. a_bomb_13

a_bomb_13 Walk On

what time does the UFA and RFA start tomarrow and when you bid on a RFA do you give 2012 draft pick or is it 2013 draft pick

19. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    I'll be advancing it late tonight unless everyone is ready earlier. The draft picks you give up are for the following year's draft. So in 2012, it doesn't affect your 2012 draft picks. It's the 2013 draft picks you're giving away.

Also, you resigned Vernon Carey who is one of the listed RFAs. So I'm going to release him and make sure you don't get a penalty for it. I see the confusion since he regressed. Next season I think I'm going to make it so RFAs aren't designated until after progression/regression but it's too late for that this season.

20. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Glad you didnt do the progression / regression for this season, or Colston would have been an RFA too :p.

21. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    As I was going through and resigning for the CPU teams, a lot of really good young guys would've been that had as they just crossed the threshold into being 27 and over 90.

22. Patrick S

Patrick S Henrik*clap*clap* Henrik*clap*clap*

i'm pretty sure i'm done cutting and resigning.

HAL9100

is there a way to find out what positions we need to fill.
    i realize that after signing some, and cutting others, i should have paid more attention to the latter.
    also, once all the transactions are done on xfn, how does our madden team reflect the changes?
    sorry for the noobness.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  23. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    The roster breakdown page is currently down on XFN but there's where you would find that.

When creating an account on XFN, we give them information about our league so it becomes connected with our specific league. I'm not sure how they set that up with EA but they did. So anyway, I just sync our league every time we advance so that XFN and Madden show the same rosters and everything. It's pretty cool stuff.

24. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    We've advanced to RFA & UFA Bidding 1. Pay close attention to that RFA list. If you win a bid on one of those players then you will be required to give up draft picks to next season's draft. If you see some new crappy player on your roster, they're there because I had to maintain your roster minimums. You're free to release them as soon as you've filled that position. Since I'm opening this up so late, I won't leave bidding up for 24 hours like planned. It'll be sometime Friday night though.

biggcoug65
    pitt4life21
    Axel3737
    TRudethaDude
    NeuroticTruth
    KcKilla
    a_bomb_13
    Hospital_heff
    KnuckleheadBoi
    Patrick S

25. a_bomb_13

a_bomb_13 Walk On

thought you could only sign guys to 3 year deals i see that there are some 4 year deals out there