Offseason Schedule Suggestion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Offseason Schedule Suggestion

I'd like to propose the following offseason schedule for us to keep us moving forward as we head through the holidays.

Dec 3-6: Mags announces salary cap rules, free agency rules, and draft proceedures to allow the league to prep
    Dec 7-13: Restricted Free Agency (sounds like we will have one from Mags' comments)
    Dec 14-19th: Unrestricted free agency begins, and trades are allowed.
    Dec 20th: DRAFT DAY
    Dec 21-27th: XMAS BREAK. . .Prep for Season 2
    Dec 28th: Season 2 begins

I think this will allow us a good amount of time to make sure the offseason is right. If we can get it in faster, then that'd be awesome, but I'd rather get it right than be fast.

2. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Good suggestion, I don't think that we need such a long/dedicated period of UFA/RFA. RFA should take 1-2 days max. UFA can be done throughout the entire process right up until the end of preseason.

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Doesnt matter. We aren't doing anything Gotham. Read the other thread. We will have a draft and no free agency system to speak of nor any kind of salary cap.

This thread should be deleted.

4. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I have seen guys get dropped out of an online draft moments before their pick is up---i think a forum draft for first 3 rounds or so is safest route.

5. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

I'm somewhat in agreement Tank... almost to the point where just doing the draft in LP might not be a bad idea. I've read a lot of horror stories from those who have used it with a large group of owners.

6. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

Mags - invite still there if you wanna do a practice run in a smaller franchise i have with my other 2 buddies - we are at a draft now and have been for a couple weeks.

Forum draft will make in draft trades easier, and will also allow each owner to not have some issue that causes them to get screwed out of their pick.

I do think we should try to start having picks get announced and aim to get first 3 rouns or so done within a week - whenever it is we start picking.

JMO

7. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

I'm Jewish. Fuck your Christmas. I want a week off for Haunakkah.

I would love to do the draft in LP. However I think a forum draft would be MUCH better for this time around. Only because we don't know what we're up against. There might be "undraftables". Mags knows what those are all about. After running about 15 online drafts with Mags, I've about had it with those.

The schedule is fine with me, but we usually didn't need a break for the holidays. Most guys were able to do offseason stuff during that time. Thus would be about the time of our 2nd offseason of the version.

The only thing that should be strict is draft time. In the past what has worked is a rolling draft with time limits during the hours of 9 to 11pm est. That allows the west coast guys fair time and doesn't make the east guys to have to sleep at thier jobs the next day.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm really not trying to be Scrouge [nice Xmas reference there! :)]. . .

But seriously weren't all of your arguments in the other thread about wanting to be speedy with the least amount of work? That was the counterarguments all ya'll were making to everything I said.

How can you guys come back in like 6 hours and talk about doing a forum draft that would take WEEKS to complete. Seriously you are totally contradicting yourselves here!

Now a draft in League Pulse. . .if we could do that in a couple days I'd be up for that.

But cmon guys, were all smart fellas here. Don't make an agrument about wanting things speedy and with less work, then come back with this forum draft idea!

9. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

Less talk, more trades!

10. Stykman

I'm trying not to argue with you here, but you are making it very difficult.

I am not contradicting myself, when I say do a forum draft.

We agree that I am for "doing things quickly", "doing things with least amount of work" and "doing things properly". Yes?

1 - a Forum Draft will be as fast as everyone participating, and picking when thier turn is up. It will not be any faster in LP, because you still have to wait for each individual to pick.

2 - a Draft in LP will create more work, as the draft class would have to be entered Manually. Unless you know how to port the draft class over to PC from the PS3, and you haven't told us yet.

3 - Mags has stated that he has heard "horror stories" when doing the draft on the PS3, so to do it properly, the forum draft seems like the best option to me.

11. scarface

scarface Walk On

AS I posted on another thread can the draft be done vie the madden O-F site rather than the PS3 itself?

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/madden/franchise/franchises

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

Forum draft will NOT be quick. The XBox leagues that are ahead of us took MORE than 2 weeks to get the forum draft done. And they sped through the final 2 rounds or so.

Thats a really really loooooooooonnnnnngggggg time.

Only way Mags could do it is implement a 'time' limit for picks......but I doubt if that would work. Too many issues (people at work...people asleep, etc.).

I would suggest perhaps a hybrid draft.....where we do round 1 on the forum and the rest online. But even 1 round will take us multiple days on the forums.

13. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

I wouldn't care if we did draft ral time on icq. another option. i also agree we should get it rolling asap.

14. stealth

stealth Walk On

we have always used a time limit in the past 25 seasons we have done the draft and i dont that will change now. If you wont be around when it your turn to pick you send a list to the rc and they will make to pick for you. our drafts have never taken over 2 or 3 days that i can remember

15. scarface

scarface Walk On

Sdunlap do you know how a draft works?
    saying we need a time limit? WTF do you think we do? Mags and the RC have run MEGA and DRAFTS and OFFSEASONS since fucking 2001 as said 100's of times here.
    When we DO start the draft be ready because it will get done THAT NIGHT, not a week later, not a month later.

And truth be told "YOUR" suggestions are moot at this point they know what they want to do and will do so.

Jesus christ I thought I was bad.

16. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ya know. . .I had posted something retaitory here...but I'm going to take the high road.

Mags if you continue to allow Scar to cuss us out and throw insults around you better be prepared for the same to start coming back to him. He has done it for the last month without anything happening. I thought this was an 'adult' league, not a league where garbage is spewn on the forums.

17. tankwillis

tankwillis Walk On

All should be entitled to their opinions. And I think a league is only as good as its owners - I think the concerns about the length of the offseason and draft are valis, as are most concerns given the difficulties experienced by other leagues on thiese forums. And if dunlap is the "get it done quickly" voice for mega so be it.

18. scarface

scarface Walk On

It is an adult league and I am simply pointing out facts, I apologize if they hurt your feelings. and please if you want to tell me something dont hold back, I am a big boy I can handle it.

That being said I am sure Mags and the RC will have it all hammered out soon and when we hit the offseason it usually does go fast.

19. scarface

scarface Walk On

Tank this whole league that came from the PC version is a get it done league,
    As Mags has said we usually run like 5-6 seasons on one version so I am sure that still is the plan since we moved to the PS3.

20. Thelou

Thelou Walk On

SDunlap, I think you're the only one who really pays attention to Scar. The rest of us read his postings, laugh a little, drink a beer and move on to the next thread. Don't start getting your panties in a bunch. The way I see it is, you're the loud chatter mouth of the bunch and Scar is the asshole; so what's the problem?

Next round on me guys.......drink up

21. Big D

Big D Walk On

thats fine, i just thought that he might be a little smarter than he is, but apparently he has as much intelligence as he has hair. . .

22. scarface

scarface Walk On

I may not have hair but at least I am not a guy who thinks hes going to change a league when it, was, will be run by the commish and the RC.
    LOL have anything to say about my kids now or my wife??
    I try and keep it simple for guys like you since going into a battle of wits against guys with no ammo is not fun.

Console guy at his best???

23. Stykman

Hey Lou, me and you gotta get together for a beer or 10. :wink:

24. scarface

scarface Walk On

EXACTLY !!!! SEE someone new here gets it!!!

Plus I dont have hair but my wife is is quite beautiful, so I do something right.

25. gt86

gt86 Walk On

jesus h christ all this is getting real old real fast and it's starting to make me wonder if the league is worth it anymore