Offseason - Season 3

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Offseason Night

Poll closed Nov 24, 2010.
  1. Thursday night

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Sunday night

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Advance one stage at a time

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

What day should we do offseason? Soda is out of town Friday and Saturday so I didn't list those nights. If we choose Sunday I would advance us a stage or 2 per day until that day and we could finish up remaining stages on Sunday. I'm partial to Thursday night as long as we can get all the bowl games played. We have been moving at a good clip and I'd hate to waste 4-5 days on offseason.

Note: Even if I did include Friday or Saturday night, I couldn't participate since I have stuff going on both nights. I also figure most other people would prefer not to do those nights, especially Saturday with real college football.

2. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am an idiot, I meant to pick Sunday but I am also able to do Thursday if we don't start to late.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I work mornings too so we'd have to wrap up at decent hour on Thursday.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Thursday night would be really tough for me, since I have to work in the morning and we'd be doing the entire offseason which can take 2-3 hours.

I'd prefer Sunday night or one stage a day.

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I voted one stage at a time until Sunday, but could do Thursday night if absolutely neccessary. I'm in the same boat has most people. I get up early to can't be up late.

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I can do Thursday maybe, depends when I get off work. I voted Sunday because I can be there for sure then

7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I voted Thursday but Sunday is cool as well. I wont get home from tae kwan do until 7 cst.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I put down Sunday Night, Thursday is my court docket day, and I could be done around 4-5 PST it just depends on how many cases there are if that was the day. I think the best thing to do is advance one stage a day, and complete everything Sunday night. In additon players leaving and transfer rquests should be done Thursday night, those stages should not take very long, and very rarely does anyone have transfer requests. Additionally, I don't know why we should do the offseason Thursday when we know someone will not be able to play their games Friday or Saturday. To me it just makes sense to do things Sunday when everyone will be around and able to go.

Also, I think the question should be how many weeks do we need to complete the offseason recruiting. I know I have six to seven scholarships still available and I could be done recruiting by week 2 if I am able to schedule enough home visits to complete my class the first two weeks. That would also shorten things down. Also on cutting players the only players that would be cut are the walk ons, because no one should have over 70 players, at least that is my understanding of the rules for this offseason.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I'm thinking Sunday night will work best too, though I voted for Thursday. That way we can get a few stages in and knock out the rest in under an hour.

10. Vandermint

Vandermint Walk On

I don't really care--UNC has one 'ship left assuming no transfers, early entries, or I missed getting a SR a stat. (Actually, I'd like one of my SR linemen to return.) But I really need to be there for whatever stage it is where we can change positions and assign our recruited ATHs a position as the MLB spot at UNC is an absolute wreck.

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I say we advance 1 day at a time until sunday, or saturday morning.

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

UCLA has 2 players leaving:

Junior FS Dietrich Riley
    Junior (RS) MLB Tim Tucker

With both leaving and the incoming transfer I believe that leaves me with 1 scholarship left.

13. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

So are we advancing as we need until Sunday when we all can get on and pound this out? What time on Sunday would we be doing this?

14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

pretty sure that is the plan, but don't think a time has been set for Sunday night.

15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I was thinking sometime between 7 or 8. If we do it around that time, then I should be able to hammer out schedules and start that same night. We should not have many stages left by Sunday night.