Offseason season 6

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Offseason season 6

What day is good for everyone? We should be in the cc tomorrow as I think everyone is about done recruiting. I am good anytime after 7pst fri and anytime sat- wed

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I will be gone from Wed afternoon to Sunday evening. I could do Sunday night if needed.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Since this is my first rodeo here in the Deuce...anyone care to fill me in?

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Tuesday = week 15/CC games
    Wed = CC games/Bowl 1
    Thursday = Bowls/Nat'l Champ game
    Friday = Nat'l Champ game/ Player Depatures
    Sat = Player Departures/ OFF1
    Sun = OFF1/OFF2/ The Rest

Sunday night works, I guess. We could probably do earlier depending on the pace. I'm free every night.

Shaun, we typically try to knock out everything past player departures in one night. It's historically been a lot of fun. I'm sure someone will be happy to list out all of the usual topics (me giving people only 2 home games the next season, Flo's wife and her playcalling, JR stealing bondzai's recruits, etc). It usually goes by in about an hour and a half. We typically start at 9:30 cst.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I'll be gone wed-friday (chic-fil-a bowl) ... Sunday works fine for me. Just name a time.

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah, New Years day would be tuff for me, but Sunday is perfect.

Shaun, usually Lawdog picks the 2-3 new prospects he wants and we all scramble for the rest, great times.

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So, Lawdog still is the master recruiter?:)

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My skills are not nearly what they used to be. Last year I lost out on Jason Parker who FSU got after my official visit didn't take.

Have won some and lost some, hopefully there will be a Jason Parker this year.

9. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Sunday works out great for me.

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Parker is a beast.

11. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

sunday works for me also....... i should be royally pissed after the steelers miss the playoffs....... bondzai watch your recruits.........

shaun, typical events of offseason
    *** Bash current champ
    *** suck up to drifter to avoid 2 home games next season
    *** list great recruits that want to go to Virginia Tech in hopes or schools will become intersted
    *** drool over awesome recruits that come in the offseason, then realize UVA is never on their list....
    *** make fun of Flo's recruiting
    *** ask times when flo's wife wont be around to schedle games against him...
    *** insert random bondzai joke here
    *** by week 4 SCREAM at he top fo my lung LAwdog uses a game genie (even though the loss of Jason Parker has to put that into question, but i am sticking by it, cause its still funny)
    *** Watch Georgia and Penn State land in the top 5 recruiting classes, ( especially Penn State when Graves barely makes the offseason night)
    *** recruiting against every Hokie recruit even though i am not on their radar..... (what can i say I hate? )

*** pray in the next season that a stud recruit wants to come to UVA, and crack random jokes about how no one still wants to come to UVA......

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

There is one guy on my board that if you come in and snag him will send me into a profanity-laced tirade on the mic like you have never heard before.

Shaun, another thing we enjoy is hearing Flo ask questions about how recruiting works, meanwhile he has one of the best classes.

13. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

go after any recruit that has UVa on their list ...