Offseason Suggestion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I would suggest that we only change modifiers once: after FA is complete and before the season starts.

This would eliminate the modifier change after progression/regression. I think this would simplify the process a bit for everyone involved and allow teams to improve their entire roster during the offseason.

What do you guys think?

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Sounds good, this is your baby.

One thing i would change is i think the mods on "starters" should never be locked, if i cut the starter at a position, and second string then becomes the starter, That player should instantly take on the starter mod since he is now starting instead of keeping his lower mod for being a second string.. I dunno

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

But we will still make the necessary changes to salaries after progression right?

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Salaries will change. The only thing that won't is the modifier until the end of the offseason.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I would agree, Ox. However, with this setup it's less complicated. I'd rather have simpler. Besides, they get short term help in cap but have to pay the piper in the offseason somewhere. They always have a starter mod to begin the season and if they cut the starter and sign someone higher in overall than what they have at the #1 spot, they pay the starter mod.

Example: I have an 82 cornerback and a 70 cornerback at #1 and #2, respectively. If I cut my 82 (3 mod) guy, I get relief in that I don't have a 3 mod player anymore. HOWEVER...if I sign even a 71 overall cornerback in FA during the season, I pay a 3 mod.

6. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

the mod lock while in the season is what it needs to be u will never see someone get cut in the season and the backup get a rise right after words.. so if we r tryin to be like the NFL the way we have it is what it needs to be.

Also i think the way we have it should be the best that we can come up with. if people go about and sign diferent people they want as the starter if give them the chance. Then if they cut the people u r wanting to rise up to start that will just cost them more. i think the way we have ti is the best.