Offseason Thoughts

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by The Parrothead, Aug 7, 2013.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just wanted to get thoughts on anything that should be changed for next season, as well as any other thoughts folks might have regarding the game itself. Personally, I think the read option is so overpowered in this game that anyone can run it with great results. Sure, it might get stopped from time to time based on a bad read or the perfect defensive playcall, but it seems like you can pick up 4-5 yards anytime you want with this thing. I don't want to ban it entirely, and I think it would be tough to police overuse of it. I'm thinking maybe we need a ratio of HB carries to QB carries that seems reasonable. Obviously we'd have to take out QB sacks from the carries, but with the way the AI has been programmed, running a spread option gets too many yards regardless of who your QB is (a pocket passer shouldn't be able to run this thing to perfection, but they can).

Anyway, let me know your thoughts on this as well as any other items you have an interest in discussing.

BALLisL1FE 21
    Ghost
    Riptides
    Will Atkinson
    tar heel
    HuskerPower
    kcstlmang
    publik drunk
    LeGeNd RiPs
    Quattro
    Alabama fan34

• Like Like x 1
  2. BALLisL1FE 21

BALLisL1FE 21 Walk On

Wayyyy to overpowered. Its so frustrating when QBs who really aren't runners get 8 yards a carry on me. I like the ratio idea.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Exactly. If a team that has a pocket passer that never runs it runs it once and picks up 8-10 yards, I get it. Totally not something you'd expect. But if it's a team that ALWAYS runs it, you'd prepare for it. You wouldn't give up 5 yards a carry EVERY SINGLE TIME. It boggles my mind.

4. HuskerPower

HuskerPower Walk On

I agree with the whole read option thing. For next year, I think it'd be cool to have a neutral site game (Cowboys Stadium for example) between a user ACC and SEC team to get the year started. Just a suggestion.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Was actually planning on doing that with the conference championship winners. Might do it with the runners up, too. We'll see how I can work it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Offseason this weekend?

7. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I agree on the read option as even if your in perfect position you cannot make a tackle on the qb until a couple seconds after the read. Its frustrating when you big hit at the qb and even after he has decided to keep it your Guy goes at the RB. Fortunately I have played no user's in this league who have abused it against me so that's a plus. I think everything else is pretty good. My qb did have a 73% passing percentage but the 19 picks even it out in my opinion. I believe with this slider package we have a good balance as long as no one is abusing flaws against CPU.

8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Does anyone have any thoughts on user games, too? I know that South Carolina/Clemson and Georgia/Georgia Tech rivalries take up the last game of the season in terms of out of conference play. This kind of limits these 4 teams from playing anyone else in the other conference since the user games start to stack up. I'm thinking of maybe making those an every other year kind of thing unless folks object to that.

Any other thoughts/ideas out there?

9. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Idc who, but I'd definitely like to play an out of conference game.

10. tar heel

tar heel Walk On

Thats fine with me. We had a good game that could have went either wait, but it would be nice to play other teams. Espically with 9 conference games.

11. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

We could do am ACCvs.SEC challenge and have a conference winner for bragging rights! Lol

12. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

I forsee another Ole Miss matchup (with me at home of course :D) since it looks like it's up to the NCAA gods for the Sugar Bowl victory now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. publik drunk

Be starting a little rivalry playing three times in less than a calendar year haha. I'm down no telling what's in store next game we have had a couple great ones already

14. BALLisL1FE 21

BALLisL1FE 21 Walk On

Question: Can we use custom playbooks for next season? The Parrothead

15. Ghost

Good Question

16. BALLisL1FE 21

BALLisL1FE 21 Walk On

Also, I think it would be cool if everyone did like a season in review for the season. Doesnt have to be long. Maybe just a paragraph about the season and awards won.

• Like Like x 1
  17. publik drunk

Question regarding players leaving, there are two different rules in the rules section regarding convincing players. One is a hard cap at 92. One is 95, 92 for second or third. No convincing first rounds. Just seeking clarification on which one are we following

18. Ghost

I saw a rule in another league, that you are not allowed to sway starters back. I actually like that rule because it gives the younger players more PT and makes things more interesting

19. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I like that rule Ghost, but would probably have to wait until next season to put it in. As for now, go with the second rule public mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  20. publik drunk

Told you bridgewater would stay ghost. Wallace declared but thankfully he was only projected 6th round. Parrot clowney came back to. Oh my

• Like Like x 2
  21. Ghost

Manziel stay?

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Just checked. Yep.

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Doesn't seem like the underclassmen that should bolt did...

24. publik drunk

Oh yeah. I told ya be prepared for him to be a senior super hero because they just don't leave when they are superstars on here.

25. publik drunk

Yeah parrot its common me and stl saw manziel win 3 more heismans and never leave. Something in the game. I have never seen clowney leave either

• Like Like x 1