Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by KnightNoles, May 1, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Offseason Thread

We will use this thread for all Offseason related talk

We are now at players leaving

2. KnightNoles

Separate thread but here are players cant be swayed back:

CAN NOT SWAY
    Column 1 Column 2
    Name Team
    Tommy Dailey Oregon
    MIchael Cary Texas
    John Stephens USC

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Are any of my guys trying to leave early? If anyone important is trying to leave, can I possibly get someone to jump over to USC and try to sway them back?

4. KnightNoles

We wont be advancing past players leaving unless everyone gets on, which won't happen because Jugg is out watching the fight, Bogey is out of town til the morning, etc...

I wish we could get to recruiting week 1 tonight but we wont

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Noles I PM'ed my stuff to Hova for offseason and I also sent you a copy in case he can't make it. Just need to fill 1 need position (OLB) and I have 2 scholarships remaining.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

For some reason you have 4 or 5 guys wanting to leave, but all except the WR can be convinced to stay. If needed I can help you with this stage if you are the last one standing.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Fuggin Timmons... my back up HB went pro. Coulda been a contender...

Now its up to a bunch of freshman/sophomore HBs and two fast QBs to make the run-game work. Oregon back to the fleXbox One perhaps??

edit: probably not going back to that. I really like this Stanford playbook, and if I do change it'll be to try out Nevada's pistol playbook.

8. KnightNoles

I would like to shoot for 6 central but prob more like 8 or 9 central...

9. Dru50

I can't do 6 central (7 est). Wife and I are having dinner at a friends place. Don't we always do these things a bit later?

10. astealthyhippo

That sucks. I should be back in time to get my stuff done if we're advancing at 6pm central. If we advance before that, just jump over (or somebody else switch over) and try to sway them back using whatever amount of time you would normally use.

Thanks Dru, I appreciate it

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

So what time are we going to week 1 of recruiting? I'm confused.

I owe Brave and Perry one also. My starting QB didn't try to transfer to Bama after all! Thanks guys, the Buckeye program thanks you for your assistance!

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Now if only I could find the trick that stops mediocre receivers from going pro. Steve Jacobs (87 ovr.) had a career 750 yards receiving, 35 receptions and 7 touchdowns but he left school as a junior. He will not be drafted my any NFL team and he will be lucky to make it as a towel boy in the CFL. Good luck with the rest of your life Steve. I hope you enjoy your job at the local car wash.

13. BDSDIGITAL

And where the hell is Bondzai? I logged on this morning to see if we moved past players leaving and Michigan isn't in there anymore....

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

He may need to be reinvited. He said in the chat last night that he deleted an old invite from C2C. That could be why he is no longer showing up in the league. It also could be that he finally realized Michigan is an awful football team and no sane person would want to be affiliated with that school.

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Hey hey hey, I'm still here to get my Big 10 title next year. Knight, invite me baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

16. BDSDIGITAL

That's a relief! For a second there I thought Knight was bringing in a ringer to break up my 5 year streak.

Next year is going to be your chance at it. My team is going to be good, but nothing special.

17. KnightNoles

8 central??

18. Dru50

Works for me.

Also ESPN is reporting a rumor that some Texas boosters have been paying off Mel Kiper to talk up FSU QB Joe Smith as a potential #1 overall pick in the NFL draft....

19. BDSDIGITAL

so we are doing 9 eastern tonight?

20. KnightNoles

All Florida State players have decided to return for the next upcoming year.

Joe Smith said "I was testing the waters some but realized how much more I need to develop, and my education is very important to me."

MLB Brian Adams "I want to be in the talk with one of the best LBs that have ever suited up in the Garnet and Gold and that is why I wanted to come back"

CB Lawrence Everett had to say this when he has tested the NFL waters for the last 2 years starting when he was a :RS:So. "I tried after my So year because I thought I was ready and I had a pretty good year. This year I had less tackles, same INTs but more deflections and thought I'd be a top 15 pick. I will come back and try to be where some previous DBs have been and try to enter in the conversation of Buckley, Rolle, and Sanders.

FS Derek Murray "I have been a 3 year starter and wanted to test the waters, I have had solid years but nothing special and that projected my draft status so I made up my mind to come back to school finish as a 4 year letterman."

*I'm still deciding if I want to sway SS Josh Rose back.

Interesting fact: This is what I had to say about Joe Smith back in Year 2 or 3.
    Most disappointing recruit
    He's not really disappointing but should have looked at the other 5 star QBs. I jumped the gun last year and saw 5 star and took him.
    Joe Smith 6'3'' 205 QB :5stars: 84 overall (boo- 63 speed) Throw Power 87 Accuracy 89

21. Dru50

Booooo!!!!!!

Oh well, at least you don't have that WR for him to throw to this year.

22. astealthyhippo

USC managed to talk starting HB Shannon Jones back for his senior year, as well as bringing back the Junior Kicker.

We weren't allowed to talk to John Stephens, and we are very disappointed that JR(RS) WR Melvin Campbell has decided to go pro. He is 6'6" and had 93 speed and a 91 release. I loved this kid and am severely pissed that he left. My offense will change a lot this year from the spread passing attack it was last year with Barkley at QB, but I was hoping Campbell would play a huge role this year. I guess he wanted to make more money than we were paying him to play at USC.

23. KnightNoles

8 o'clock central time or when the majority are on

24. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

BITE ME!

25. KnightNoles

Recruiting WEEK 1 is up