Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hello, I hope that everybody had a wonderful Holiday Season. Today's sort of the official end of it I guess as most of us were off today and will be back to work tomorrow. We actually did a pretty decent job at continuing to move during the Holidays and I'm not concerned at all about our pace. We do have some somewhat absentee guys though... Guys who mean a lot to the league but just are having difficulty making the time to post on the boards. I know you're busy, but any efforts you can make to peek your head in from time to time and provide a little banter, would be appreciated. Get the forum runner app for your smartphone if you need to... Hit us up from work or on the road! Lately it has been sort of the same 4-6 guys talking amongst ourselves...

The offseason is now upon us. Since it simply has not worked for us to try and get together to take one shot at it for the whole thing... We won't try that at least not right away. We will give ourselves a couple of days (if needed) to get through the offseason. If you guys could just condition yourself to the idea of checking in every hour or so at night so we can get through this ASAP... Would be appreciated. If you cannot... Get with somebody to help you with it. Give them your Xbox Live login information and they will help you out. I know most of the guys in the league would help but a couple of guys that I guarantee will help you out if you need it are Twister, Hotrod, smlVICTORIES, and myself.

The only "rules" for the offseason are please check in and keep pace with what's going on... And when you're done, log out of the dynasty and PLEASE HIT THE READY TO ADVANCE BUTTON. this is key because I don't want to get anybody simmed or anything.

Let's get this offseason over with and get back to it. Here is the general plan for how we're going to go about this.

Tonight: Advance to Players Leaving

1/3/11 at 8:30 PM EST, or as soon as everybody is done: Advance to Recruiting Week 1
    1/3/11 at 9:30 PM EST, or as soon as everybody is done: Advance to Recruiting Week 2
    1/3/11 at 10:00 PM EST, Advance to Recruiting Week 3
    1/3/11 at 10:30 PM EST, Advance to Recruiting Week 4

1/3/11 at 11:00 PM EST, Advance to Recruiting Week 5
    1/3/11 at 11:30 PM EST, Advance to Position Changes
    1/3/11 at Midnight EST, Advance to Improvement/Cuts - Then if everybody is able to get that done tomorrow night.. I will advance to the preseason. If we need a second day, we need a second day. I won't shit on you if you can't but I do ask for you to trust other people in the league to help if you don't mind. Look at your roster online and work out who your cuts are for instance.. and ask for help with it if you can't be there.

This is a tentative schedule. It's o.k. if you log in toward the end of the cycle and do it... It's better if everybody is not in the dynasty at once... The system seems to struggle with that. (among many other things). And again be sure to log out... (it helps us advance cleanly). If I'm sitting there wanting to advance and there are people lingering in the file I'm gonna strangle folks. :) If there are people that cannot do it AND don't feel like having somebody help them, we may go to a longer schedule. I just don't feel like dragging this shit out (if at all possible).

jms493
    Mogriffjr
    HotRod
    MaxATX34
    jfosh
    mboda
    smlVICTORIES53
    Twister18
    makinpropel
    Coach_III
    BDSDIGITAL

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Sounds good

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Alright cool. I will actually be able to be apart of this off-season

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

PLAYERS LEAVING

Arizona State -------
    SO HB Allen Christian - 76 OVR - Transfer - Utah

Georgia --------------
    JR HB Jeff Jones - 90 OVR - Pro Draft
    FR CB Aaron Givens - 77 OVR - Transfer - Miss State

Michigan ------------
    JR DT Cornelius Gold - 86 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR HB Tim Holmes - 85 OVR - Pro Draft

Miss. State ----------
    JR K D.J. Nixon - 94 OVR - Pro Draft

Nebraska ------------
    JR WR Erik Morris - 90 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR HB Maurice Bryant - 88 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR WR Dustin Herron - 87 OVR - Pro Draft

Ohio State -----------
    JR HB Dan McPherson - 91 OVR - Pro Draft
    FR FS Anthony West - 76 OVR - Transfer - UGA

Ole Miss -------------
    SOPH MLB Brad Daugherty - 86 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR CB Matt Morris - 90 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR SS Damion Thomas - 95 OVR - Pro Draft
    SO TE Jeff Washington - 84 OVR - Transfer - Tennessee - BDSDIGITAL FUCK... This guy is really solid. If I am not able to keep him you got a hell of a player. I made a mistake moving him down on the depth chart due to injury, then not putting him back up at the end of the year!

Oregon State --------
    JR WR Marcus Clay - 81 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR HB Jim Burton - 88 OVR - Pro Draft

Penn State -----------
    JR SS Rocky Carson - 95 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR WR Sam Wallace - 93 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR DE Eric Razer - 91 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR CB Andy Lyles - 95 OVR - Pro Draft
    SO HB Jeremiah Jones - 92 OVR - Transfer - Bucks

Stanford --------------
    SO QB Joey Robison - 86 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR MLB Evan Lawrence - 90 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR FS Eddie Craft - 91 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR HB Anthony Manson - 91 OVR - Pro Draft

Tennessee ------------
    JR RE Derrick Osborn - 83 OVR - Pro Draft

Utah -------------------
    JR MLB Desmond Johnson - 86 OVR - Pro Draft
    JR WR Deangelo Vickers - 82 OVR - Pro Draft

PLAYERS TRANSFERRING FROM CPU TEAMS TO USER TEAMS
    *Remember that these guys take up a recruiting spot, so if you are anywhere near the 25-man limit at the end... You will need to adjust accordingly or risk losing one or more of your recruits.

SO QB Ricky Walker, Boise State - 76 OVR - Transferring to Arizona State
    55 SPD, 84 THP, 85 THA

SO TE Mike Sanders, LSU - 81 OVR - Transferring to UGA
    82 SPD, 79 ACC, 77 CTH, 76 CIT, 75 PBK, 84 RBK, 77 STR

SO QB Skyler Owens, Virginia Tech - 85 OVR - Transferring to Ohio State Bucks
    78 SPD, 90 THP, 92 THA

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Both WR Deangelo Vickers and MLB Desmond Johnson will return for their Senior years!

and as if spurning Ole Miss during his recruitment wasnt enough, Desmond Johnson publicly challenged Ole Miss' Brad Daugherty, and the rest of the country, when he said "Im coming back next year, and Im going to lead the nation in tackles".

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Daugherty, Morris, and Thomas all return for their senior years! Unfortunately Washington goes to Tennessee, but we have a pretty solid candidate to replace him:

[​IMG]

Davis is two years younger in the development cycle, and just 3 OVR lower. He's not quite as fast as Washington, who can get separation simply by continuing to run after he makes his cut... But he has better awareness, and once he catches the ball there is no comparison, Davis is going to bring very tough to bring down in the secondary with awesome elusiveness, power, and moves. He has a ways to go as a blocker, but Washington was never dominant there at all. I wish we hadn't lost Washington, because I can just think of the threat the two of them would pose on the field at the same time, however I know he will go to a good team in Tennessee.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Damn! Desmond Johnson is a real penis! Let's see him do it!

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I like the plan. Penn state is ready to advance.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

No fucking way are we letting this guy go the fuckeyes. He is a beast and we need him as my band of midget running backs cant do the running I like doing.

Sam Wallace is going Pro.

10. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Don't worry, we will tale good care of him

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

no you won't....

12. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Eddie "The Freak" Craft will be back for his senior year to lead the Stanford defense, great news!

Joey Robison will also be back after a stellar Sophomore season.

Anthony Manson will be back to lead a deep group of HBs.

Evan Lawrence is taking his talents to the NFL. :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Where is that NT summary shithead! Cut some clips from twitch.....do it

14. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I can't get on twitch at work

15. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Sounds good

16. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

i got gold to stay but Holmes left.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Robison's season really was stellar. I have no idea how you put together a season like that with this year's game, what with the constant insta-pressure, DBs covering huge swaths of yardage horizontally to cut anything off, etc... Kudos on that season by the QB in particular, and obviously the title.

18. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Man I need LBs to sign pronto

19. mboda

mboda Walk On

Oregon State keeps WR Clay for another year but losses HB Burton to the NFL.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    WR's Dustin Herron and Erik Morris return, giving us our WR's back.

RB Maurice Bryant wanted to test the waters but he wasn't ready so he returns.

Unfortunately, we lost a ton on the defensive side. Sucks I couldn't give these guys a title before they left because they were studs.

RE GENE COLEMAN (97), 6'4", 272lbs- 144 total tackles, 60 for loss, 30.5 sacks
    ---Physically imposing figure who became dominant his JR/SR seasons off the edge. Is slated to be taken mid 1st round.

TE DENNIS SCOTT (94), 6'1", 233lbs- 169rec, 2891yds, 26TD's
    ---Switching to a spread offense hurt his numbers a bit but he delivered more times then not. Not the biggest TE but was very quick and agile and could play WR if needed be. REminds me of Dustin Keller does drop the ball at times. Slated to be taken in the 3rd round.

TE CHRIS BECK (86), 6'5", 253lbs- 30rec, 495yds, 7TD's
    ---On any other team he's a #1 TE type. He's a solid all-around TE who can catch and block as well. Was a more reliable receiver. Looks to be a 6th rounder.

LT CRAIG JACKSON (96), 6'6", 295lbs
    ---I rarely had to worry about the left side of my line. Jackson was a stud who is a dominant LT. Not crazy strong but shows amazing footwork. Slated to be taken late 1st round.

LG TOMMY COLEMAN (97), 6'1", 288lbs
    ---Coleman has the tools to become an elite guard at the next level. Great strength, and he's pretty fast as well. Dominant run blocker which will translate well to the next level. He's a damn good pass blocker and will be a starter from day one. Slated to be taken late 1st round.

ROLB GARY IRBY (91), 6'1", 231lbs- 255 total tackles, 73 for loss, 25 sacks, 6INT's, 3FF's, TD
    ---Irby led our smallish type LB's but him and the crew made Nebraska into a school top LB's wanna play for. His style which was just cause havoc with the dreads flowing made him a fan favorite. His small nature will hurt his stock but we figure he'll be a 4th round choice.

LOLB KEVIN RHODES (90), 5'10", 219lbs- 163 total tackles, 50 for loss, 21.5 sacks, 2INT's
    ---Rhodes came with Irby and started from the get-go. Rhodes comes in at only 5'10" and scouts worry his height won't translate well. He really didn't play much in our nickel packages so he was primarily a 2-down LB but someone will see his amazing speed and acceleration and turn him loose on opposing LB's. He's a hitting machine and hits like a ton of bricks. Slated to ba 7th round choice.

SS A.J. RICHARDSON (90), 6'4", 222lbs- 246 total tackles, 21 for loss, 1.5 sacks, 18INT's, 2FF's
    ---Richardson turned into one of our better players. Was a 4 year starter for us and never missed a play. AJ is more of a FS type and we played him at SS where he could play down in the box but that's not his strength. He can roam the field better playing free up top. Some team will get a steal where we figure he will be drafted in the 5th round.

QB JEFF LINDSEY (93), 6'1", 186lbs- 401/623, 5830yds, 54TD's, 33INT's
    ---Lindsey cut down dramatically on his INT's from his JR to SR year. He completed 64% of his passes and became a great leader on the field to the point he was calling his own plays part of the year. His height is a concern but his great accuracy should see him being drafted late 2nd round.

FS CRAIG MACK (96), 6'3", 202lbs- 291 total tackles, 21 for loss, 23INT's, 2TD's, 4 FF's
    ---Mack was our leader last year and captain and was 4 year starter. He made key plays almost every game and was just a dominant FS we love having in this system. He can do anything on the field and can play CB and SS as well. We will sorely miss his presence back there and his play. Just an unbelievable talent. Reminds me of the late Sean Taylor. A 1st round pick.

RE MARVIN BOWENS (94), 5'11", 234lbs- 120 total tackles, 44 for loss, 23.5 sacks, 3TD's, 3FF's
    ---Bowens was the exact opposite of Gene Coleman. Not as physically imposing and just someone who got by on pure effort. No denying he had talent but his size hurt him on occassions as a pass rusher which is what he does best. He only had 6 sacks last season and will have to improve his moves in order to be a good pass rusher at the next level. A 3rd round pick.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I don't see anybody saying they can't make it, so that means we're full speed ahead. If you can't... Get with somebody that can help ya!

22. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Tomorrow means tonite?

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We lost some real key components this offseason (seniors). We have a lot of talent coming in to supplant these guys but it is unclear whether they will perform quite as well. Here are our key losses:

WR Gavin Fine - 95 OVR - Fell off a tad this year, catching the most passes of any season he had but averaging "just" 16.2 ypc compared to 22.8 and 24.1 the past two seasons as we concentrated on a shorter passing game. Still had an incredible career with 199 receptions, 4,027 yards, 20.2 average, 34 touchdowns.

DT Eric Berry - 90 OVR - 6'2" 293 - JUCO Soph Transfer who redshirted and then started three straight years for us. Very capable player with 39.5 sacks in h is career.

HB Marquice Caldwell - 89 OVR - 6'2" 252 - This monster athlete conversion had a dominating career rushing for 1,235 to 1,576 yards per year his last three years and averaging around 6 yards per carry. This last season he struggled with fumbles at times but we overcame all of his mistakes and he usually made up for them. 23 touchdowns and an invite to the Heisman ceremony his senior season. He was at his best once he got rumbling into the secondary and could embarrass defensive backs.

HB Jacob Gray - 87 OVR - 5'11" 189 lbs - This backup running back and returner had his best season as a junior when he won the Randy Moss returner of the year award. In previous versions of NCAA a guy like this probably becomes the starter due to his incredible speed and quickness, but in NCAA 12 power backs actually have a chance, so he never became a starter. AS a backup he was very valuable and was a nice change of pace. He almost kept us in the Georgia game this year until getting knocked out of the game, as they had Caldwell under wraps. Once he was gone, so were our chances.

RT Tommy Dougherty - 87 OVR - 6'7" 325 - A starter at right tackle and did a pretty solid job. I don't expect we will immediately be as good next season but we have superior players compared to Dougherty moving up the ranks.

TE Jeff Washington - (Sophomore) - 84 OVR - 6'4" 240 - Washington was awesome as a freshman, as he along with Gavin Fine were the unquestioned leaders at the receiver positions. His 64 REC, 1,047 yds (16.4), 6 TDs were among the best in the nation for tight ends. We don't know how he fits in at Tennessee but if they feel like making the TE a big part of their attack and don't already have an unquestioned starter, Washington will be a shot in the arm after he sits out this next season.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah, I posted this last night. I clarified the post just in case.

25. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Ill be on at 10 pm est