Offseason Year 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Korenth, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Offseason Year 1

Here's my plan for the offseason...

Most of what goes on during the offseason doesn't require player interaction (players transfering, signing day, etc) Those parts will be simmed by me..any thing that seems important (such as players transfering into/out of your school, I will attempt to write down and then post in here.

The big part that does require some player input is offseason recruiting. What I would like to do for those weeks is get a list of everyone who plans to take part in it, i.e. you want to sign on either to the game or online and personally do the recruiting. If you've already reached your scholarship cap, or you just want to let the cpu do it, that is fine. Once I have a list of people who want to be involved, we'll work ut a timing so that those people should be able to do their recruiting as quickly as possible. In the past, this meant advanceing once at 6AM and again at 6PM, give or take a couple of hours. In all, that would mean the recruiting would take 2-3 days.

If everyone who signs up to say they want to do recruiting is finished early, we will advance early. So if you want to do your recruiting, but for some reason don't let me know...you might end up SOL if everyone gets done quickly.

I'm guessing that we will advance to the off season late monday or early tuesday..so that gives everyone abut 48 hours to see this and respond.

So post below and let me know if you will be doing recruiting during the off season.

Other things to look forward to:
    Post season awards (which at a first glance ofthe stats might just be renamed the FIU award for this year...)

A decision about sliders for next season (I'm leaning towards the ones posted in the slider test thread...they seem to be popular on this site)

Calling out of coaches for user-v-user games next season(make some new rivals!)

Mr. Febuaray of the dynasty

2. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

I will definitely be participating. I have 21 graduating seniors so I still have some work to do.

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'll be doing recruiting

4. sreese

sreese Walk On

i need to recruit. It would be nice if we could get all the people that need to recruit to meet at a time and just knock it out all at once.

5. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I want to do the recuriting. BG went 4-8 this season so I need to make some improvements. I am pretty flexible but work from 8am until 7pm monday, tuesday, thursday and friday. I am unable to access the dynasty from work. ( Our browser does not support it). Wednesdays I am off but then have softball games this week at 7 and 8:30.

6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I might have had a 4 loss team... but somehow I had 3 AA (2 1st team, 1 second) and the Doak Walker and Walter Camp winner. And I honestly still dont know how any of that happened.

7. Jags218

Jags218 Walk On

I'll be doing recruiting as well. UL Monroe didn't get any help form the cpu recruiting :(

8. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I will try to do some recruiting.

9. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

I won't be doing any off-season. I will be gone on vacation. I will be back on saturday 8/28. Feel free to take as long as you want for off-season recruiting :p

10. Patster7

Patster7 CARDSTRONG

Ill do a little recruiting.

11. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Have a good trip man. I'll try to give you a bye week for week 1 to make sure there's plenty of time for you to get back.

12. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

im already down to 1 scholarship so I dont really need to recruit

13. sreese

sreese Walk On

can i please play envy week 1. lol. be safe man

14. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

does anyone have any problem with advancing the off season recruiting weeks every 12 hours? would be a 6AM and 6PM advance each day.

If someone can't we'll do one advance a day at 6PM. Not planing on taking more than a day per recruiting week.

15. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

can you do 8pm instead? I do not get off work until 7pm. I cannot access the website from work either. However on Wednesday's I am off work so that wouldnt be a problem on that day. M, T, Th and Friday I do not get off until 7 though.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

please include time zone for advance times.

It would be better for me is the first advance was ealier so i could always do it before work. Prior to 7 am PST should be fine.

17. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

Sorry I meant that I got off at 7pm ET.

18. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Sorry...all times I list are CST...but I will try to include that in the posts, as well.

so it sounds like after 7pm CST (8PM EST for AJ) and before 9AM CST (7am PT for Whygod).

I'm at work by 7am CST...so how does this sound..

Advance from week 1 to week 2 tonight at 6PM CST, as was stated last night

Advance from week 2 to week 3 Thursday Morning at 7AM CST

Advance from week 3 to week 4 Thursday evening at 8PM CST

Advance from week 4 to week 5 friday Morning at 7AM CST

advance to Preseason (I'm assuming there nothing between week 5 and presason) Friday Night at 8PM CST

Advance from Preseason to Week 1 Sometime after 8pm CST Saturday Night (depends on how hard it is to get all the games set up and make scheldules look nice)

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

works for me.

20. Jags218

Jags218 Walk On

Looks perfect.

21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

You're missing cut players and position changes in between the 2. And I think theyre both generally pretty important.

22. shibdib

shibdib In Nacho We Trust

position changes is big, cut players is also something I was looking forward too, cutting some dead weight to open up scholarships

23. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Are there limitations on cuts?

I know some leagues do not want ppl cutting ppl that have scholarships.

24. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Doh!

Knew i was forgeting something..that seems too good to be true :)

So...with those added in

Advance from week 1 to week 2 tonight at 6PM CST, as was stated last night

Advance from week 2 to week 3 Thursday Morning at 7AM CST

Advance from week 3 to week 4 Thursday evening at 8PM CST

Advance from week 4 to week 5 friday Morning at 7AM CST

Advance to Position Changes Friday Ngiht at 8pm

Advance to Cut Players 7AM Saturday Morning

Advance to Preseaons 8PM Saturday Night

Advance to week 1 Sometime Sunday Evening (after 8pm)

All times still CST

Missing anything else?

25. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

i am very interested to see the results of week 1. is it 6 ct yet?