Offseason

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Colemanchu, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Offseason

Wednesday night at 10 pm eastern?

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Any updates on this?

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You have to remember Blaza that most these guys are getting pretty old and it's hard to keep track of things at their age.

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

will probably depend on how the bowl games shake out. the non-New Years bowls are almost a seperate week sim wise aren't they?

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I thought all bowls were one week this year. If that is that is the case then I'll see you ladies Wednesday night.

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yep... Bly... One of my favorite additions this year... One-week for everything bowl related including BCS.

Here's my least favorite... Due tot he online dynasty now being tracked online you have to wait a minimum of 20 minutes for any advance. For instance I got on to advance us to the bowl game, and had to practice for 20 minutes before it would let me advance us past conf. championships. That will also be in effect for the offseason.

Finally..... Last but not least, I hate to complicate things but I have to leave town for a few days. I have a friend who has cancer (three years younger than me, in fact) and he's beginning to experience some tough symptoms. My brother and I agreed that I need to come out and see him one last time before he's bedridden and/or feeling so horrible he doesn't want to do anything.. So that will be Wednesday through Tuesday..> I'll be back Tuesday night.

Who can take over as commish in the interim? i just "pass you" the commish role now, real easy.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

just to let you guys know theres a glitchthat effeft the commish and locks him out between advancing from offseason to Preseason...it doesn't effect everybody, but it did effect us and were in a little turmoil because of it...

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

No offseason on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday this week please.

Football starts and I am coaching until 730 pm pst, I already missed out on all the preseason ish before this season, I would like to be able to do an offseason to salvage some stuff. If we could start at 8 pst that would be fantastic...thats not real fair to our EST zone brothers...

[​IMG]

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Tough to hear about your friend man. My dad just got a clean bill of health after a year long battle with prostate cancer and my friend I grew up with had to sacrifice one of his "boys" to survive testicular cancer. Not easy times.

On a simpler note, I can take over and advance until you get back. Wouldn't be much of a change since we seem to have the same availabilty for things. Again best wishes for your friend, and I'll hope for the best.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Please elaborate!

Hellli Bad new about friend....I have had known way too many people with cancer.....it is just the worst thing. health has always been #1 in my book....take that away and there isn't much left. Good luck out there and enjoy the good times while they are still there.

I would be all for a weekend off season.

11. BlyGilmore

sorry to hear it man. my cousin's been battling cancer for a while now and its tough stuff for all involved.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

it locks the commish out so someone has to re-host the dynasty and give it back to the commish...right now we don't know if people preseason stuff is going to stick..so make sure when DL after advance to preseason to save the file...

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How does that even work? I don't think you can save the file offline this year?

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    When it prompts you to SAVE, you are saving the OD file. You can go into file management and upload that same file straight to the server.

Last night, it wouldn't let me retire the old one right away, which is where the confusion is right now. People did their stuff in the old dynasty instead of the new one that JR hosted and gave back to me.

I would recommend someone saving the file when you advance to the preseason and hosting it back up after everyone has retired from the original dynasty. Just to avoid confusion and duplicate files.

15. BlyGilmore

Drifter does doing all that kill the Dynasty Wire stuff?

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'd totally imagine so.

17. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Dynasty wire, I can't say because for some reason it isn't loading for me. It keeps the coach record, season 1 stats, awards, promises and everything else.

18. BRUCE80

I will be playing tonight after football practice.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I've transferred commish rights to Colemanchu.

20. BlyGilmore

God help us all ...

21. BRUCE80

Adv to offseason Cole, we can finish a day or two over the next couple days.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We are at end of season after the bowl games right now. Rutgers lost to Alabama 36-24.
    I know some guys like to track the stats and all so I will most likely leave this stage up until sometime tomorrow.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We are at end of season after the bowl games right now. Rutgers lost to Alabama 36-24.
    I know some guys like to track the stats and all so I will most likely leave this stage up until sometime tomorrow. We would have to wait for most guys to do players leaving tommorrow night anyways.

24. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Can someone jot down all the of the award winners and all-americans?

25. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

so are we on for tonite or that being pushed back a day or 2?