Offseason

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by PAgamer07, Feb 6, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

How does it work?

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

No clue.

3. PAgamer07

Lol. Seriously?

4. Bondzai

Yep. What I do know is that it advances just like the regular season so if you miss it then you just miss it.

5. PAgamer07

Do you know if the time is slowed at all? If for instance the draft is a certain day, do we all have to be there during that 6 hour window, no matter what day or time?

6. Bondzai

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. PAgamer07

LOL

Well alrighty then. Perhaps we should do some digging around on other forums for some answers :)

8. Bondzai

Sounds like you just volunteered. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. PAgamer07

Ill get to it. It is Monday afterall, and Ive got a bunch of bullshit called work to do..

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I believe the draft is a live event (I think I read that somewhere) but I have no idea if thats something that can be scheduled or if the game just decides they want to do it at 3 am on a wednesday.

11. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

"Ok, with that said, you can schedule the draft whenever you want. This way you can use it to slow things down and wait for them to come back from out of town which I would recommend (even though I know you guys are so excited you probably don't wanna wait lol)."

"ANSWER:
    I realize that you CAN always set it for 5 minutes out from the current time. So, if you guys experience this same glitch then use that option I gave you.
    In other words, if you want to TELL everyone the Rookie Draft will begin TONIGHT @ 8pm.... then what you have to do is wait till 7:55PM and go and then set the draft timer for 5 minutes out to 8pm."

this looks promising. At least it looks like we can set it up when we can all be there

• Like Like x 1
  13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I know I can google this but can someone explain briefly in laymans terms how the salary cap works in the NBA? Hard cap? Soft cap? etc

14. PAgamer07

MLE too

15. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

it's really confusing.

there's a hard cap in the ballpark of 55 mil but there are exemptions that can go all the way up to 90~ million for the mid level exemption, bird right players and you can also exceed the hard cap when resigning your own free agents. But it's way harder than it needs to be in my humble opinion....but one thing I do know is that if you try to sign someone and you are allowed to, then you are allowed to. If you try to sign someone and it's no beuno, the game will give you a pop up telling you why you can't sign that player.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

The soft cap is set at 58.87m starting in the offseason
    The Hard cap is set at 91.35m

if you are under the soft cap you can sign any FA that you can afford.
    as a example my team salary currently is 38.61 for next yr so i have 20.26 to start the offseason. i can use it on my own players or wait for FA and sign others as long as it doesn't go over 58.87.

Hard cap is so you can sign your own players if you are already above the soft cap as long as you have their bird rights(player under contract for 3+ yrs)

MLE(as long as you don't go over the hard cap) is 5.76m that you can spread out or use all of the 5.76m on 1 player that each team gets every year.

17. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BTW it looks like no trading in the offseason..

18. Bondzai

thank you jesus

19. PAgamer07

20. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Bondzai
    Pagamer07

This is from memory, so some of it may be off, but the offseason happens in 3 stages if I recall, and the stages are either 24 or 48 hours. If you can't be there for the draft or FA, you can set up a 'board' with the guys you want the CPU to target on your behalf in order of importance. If I recall, the first stage is re-signing your own FA's and the draft, the next stage is signing rookies and general FA and the last stage is the offseason camps. The entire thing took about 5 days in Baseline 2 I believe and there wasn't really a way to speed it up that I could tell.

Hope that helps....

• Like Like x 1
  21. Bondzai

Thanks dude.

22. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

No worries.

23. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I have a feeling I am going to screw myself. It really sucks the CPU decided to re-sign Jason Terry for such an outrageous contract. Offline I got him to extend for like 4 mil a year.

24. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

OA contracts are different for some reason. I got Nick Young to resign at like 5 a year in an offline, and he turned down my substantially bigger offer in the OA.

25. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

In my offline association I was trying to sign Dirk to a contract extension, but it said I was over the cap so I couldn't. Do I just have to wait until he is actually a free agent? Cause it's the Bird Rights that let you re-sign long time players when you are over the cap right?