Offseason

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Sep 5, 2012.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Donkalion
    Jbbubba
    fordtuff504
    Juicemann03
    bigtubb_
    dmanno2
    Crumbler81
    cmassey13
    BG

This is mostly for the new guys but if anybody has any input, please share.

The offseason is approaching and for you guys who have not been through one, this is basically how it will operate. It is set up like an offline dynasty except each offseason task is broken up into sections that each member must complete and green up before I can advance. The best way to do this is to have a set time everyone can be on their ps3 at the same time. I doubt that will be a real possibility since we all seem to have different PS3 gaming times. I, for example, am rarely on past 9 or 10pm eastern. Plus, for some of our vetrans this OD is their backup dynasty and not their gaming priority (which is its purpose and is fine).

What I would like to propose is we do 2 advances a day. Ill advance first thing in the morning and then again later that evening/night. That way we can continue moving along and get into season 2 in a decent time frame.

Any thoughts?

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Sounds good

3. Juicemann03

Juicemann03 Walk On

I agree. I'm on CST time so I'm an hour behind eastern time. I get off work at 330 roughly and I'm free from that time until.....jus let me know what everyone decides on. This is my first year n my only dynasty do I'll go along with everyone else.

4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

sounds good. seems like most of the offseason stuff could be done online as well, right? Now let's get through those conf championships so I can try to pick up that bowl victory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dmanno2

dmanno2 Walk On

Fine by me.

6. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Sounds fair, also don't forget that the entire offseason can be done online through DW

7. onaradio34

I'm pretty sure both of you are correct. The only thing I ask would be that if you do it on dynasty wire, post here on the forums when you are done so that I know. You won't always show as ready to advance when working from the DW.

8. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Sounds good to me

9. BG

BG On The Rize!

Its whatever, I dont have any more recruits anyway, LOL!

10. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

This might work a little goofy for me because I have school weekdays, I would be more in favor of doing it over a weekend, but I can try to make it work. Do you happen to know off the top of your head the list of steps the offseason goes through and in what order?

11. onaradio34

Off the top of my head....

Step 1 is players leaving (transfers out, early pro draft entries) which you can sway back.

2 is transfers in.

3 is recruiting. Each week is a step and I have to advance after each one.

4 is signing day

5 is training results (which I may advance through unless their are major objections)

6 is cut players

Then preseason stuff.

12. Donkalion

Donkalion Walk On

sounds good

13. Jbbubba

Jbbubba Walk On

Ok, i feel that an early afternoon/late night or early morning dual advance would be preferable to me for the offseason. I will try to make it work but I cant guarantee anything