Oh Buckeyes...

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by ChildPlease9, Dec 23, 2010.

1. ChildPlease9

ChildPlease9 @HKSeahawks

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

well atleast the get to play in the bowl game. ncaa must think nobody would watch otherwise.

Good news for Buckeye fans is that if Pryor tears it up in the bowl game he has to be more interested in going pro and you guys can get a real quarterback and the NFL can get an average tight end.

3. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Its ashame that Pryor has a chance to break most of the passing records at Ohio State, but people still wont give him any props. He may not be Peyton manning when he goes pro but he will be better that Troy Smith...

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

let the buckeye bashing begin

5. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'll be interested to see what he does as a pro. I'll always remember his HS film was incredible.

6. alemic

alemic Walk On

Pryor will go pro and Ohio State will get better we need a real quarterback not a running back who throws up goose eggs every time

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

IMO Pryor is a punk. But I'm glad they aren't suspended. The hogs wanna beat em at full strength!

8. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I never said Pryor wasnt a punk...but I dont give a damn if he is a nice guy, hes a pretty good college football QB and deserves some credit for what he has done. Not his fault OSU fans way over hyped him coming in as a freshman. Could he be better obviously, but the only way he will get any crdit is if the Buckeyes when the BCS title...something not even Peyton Manning did

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

realistically they should have been suspended for the bowl game though. just saying....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'm not sure how they get suspended for 5 games when AJ Green only got 4 and Cam Newton didn't get suspended at all. o_O

They're allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl because the NCAA only cares about money... which is probably why they didn't suspend Newton.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i agree 100%

but i think that if they violated rules that warrant a suspension it should be immediate. then again i don't see intestine when i open my eyes so i can't work for the ncaa.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah. This is what makes it so obvious that it is truly all about the money that it's almost insulting. They did break rules. That's a fact. They don't want the golden goose fucked with though so they'll be eligible for the game that they have a vested interest in.

NCAA suspends them for 5 games and sends a message that they are "serious" about these things, but brings all these guys back just in time for Ohio State @ Nebraska. Nebraska's first high profile Big 10 game with the perennial champs. A game that almost assuredly will be prime time... hmmmm...great timing.

13. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

5 games is kinda severe I think, but that maybe a little bias :D..But please dont compare what they did to what AJ Green and Darreus Wiley did like that morron Mark May. They sold their stuff to AGENTS!! not a tattoo parlor

14. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

What exactly has he done? Lost every big game he's played in? (except last years Rose Bowl) He's waaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated.......I don't care if he racks up stats against Akron or Marshall........

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Pryor is a punk? Bruh, I hate Ohio State, Lord knows I do... but c'mon now. Personally, I don't think its that big of a deal that they sold personal items but a rule is a rule.

Cecil Newton and an 'unknowing' Cam Newton 'only' asked Mississippi State for money to play. No suspension.
    Florida had over 20 players (or just about) arrested over the past 4 years. Swept under a rug.
    Michigan practices too long. Two years of practice sanctions.
    Ohio State players sell personal items that they earned. 5 game suspensions.

And they wonder why fans outside the SEC hate the SEC so much:)

• Like Like x 2
  16. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

He threw for 2500 yards this year and ran for 600...hes gotten better every year hes been at OSU...and thats playing in an offense that does not play to his strenghts...yes he struggles with his accuracy on short passes, but is very accurate throwing deep balls. And I didnt realize winning a ROSE BOWL MVP was something that everyone has done.....I guess you can kinda make the argument he has lost some big games, but thats only like 4 games!! He played god enough to win the Wisconsin game but his defense let him down...If Cam Newton loses in the title game Im going to post on here hes overrated because he didnt win the One that counted.....

17. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Dams Looks like im going to have to forfit my 5th grade year of flag football....I sold my Trophy to a pawn shop....

18. dakota7

Please don't make an excuse that the offense doesn't play to his strengths...........no one held a gun to his head. He could've gone anywhere in the country, he chose Ohio State. Most players improve each year of college, pretty natural. You should probably reread my post.....................he played very well in the Rose Bowl last year, I mentioned that. He has lost every big game he's played in, other than last years Rose Bowl. USC twice, Texas, Wisconsin this year, Penn State 2 years ago...........all losses. He runs his stats up against the Toledo's and the Indiana's of the world.........but looks awful against real teams. And yeah...........the QB does get all the blame, right or wrong. He also gets too much of the credit when things go well. Too bad.

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya I'm sorry but what A.J. Green and Cam Newton did was CASH MONEY...these guys traded some autographs for a tattoo, those are services rendered. Completely different. This just shows how big of hypocrites the NCAA are and how everything is always about money.

20. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The tattoos are a very small thing.

21. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

They still broke the rules. My biggest problem is with the punishment rendered. First 5 games of next season? LMAO...priorities? What are tOSU's first 5 games next season?

Mike

22. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Your right he did choose Ohio State because he was trying to prepare himself to be a pro... whether that works out or not is yet to be seen...but still seems like a smart decision to me. Most players improve every year and must throw for 2500 yards and rush for 600 too. I dont need to reread the post you seem to think winning a rose bowl mvp is something everyone does. Lost twice to USC really? did you watch those games? They had no chance the first one. Vince Young couldnt have helped OSU that year, hell he barely played.... The second one He got them the lead with just over a minute left and the Defense let them down...Pretty sure they had the lead in the Texas game too with under a minute left and the defense blew it agin. He led them back in the wisconsin game but the defense laid down agin...

Dont blame Pryor for Tressels conservative play calling and the Defense choking when it matters the most..They would have been an average team if not for Pryors athletic ability. Is the the best pocket QB in the country absolutely not....Not his fault people had unrealistic expectations for him

• Like Like x 2
  23. dakota7

I see this line of reasoning far too often today in sports. "Its not my fault, its the coach's fault, the kicker missed, the sun was in my eyes". Boo hoo. Step up and take some responsibility. You are the leader of your team. Act like one.

Great players don't need apologists. They win, end of story.

24. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I get tired of people blaming the quarterback for everything because its the easy thing to do...Football is a team game and to single out one guy for not doing his part is absurd. It takes a great and special team too accomplish the kind of goals your talking about not a great player.

• Like Like x 1
  25. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Until their is a playoff in Division 1-A football their is no such thing as 'winning'. Before the BCS it was a popularity contest and matter of opinion type of thing. Now with the BCS only half the schools get a shot at the title.

I said all that to say this: Not every 'great' player will get a chance to 'win'

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with the conversation at hand but I just thought it'd be cool to voice my displeasure of the current BCS setup. As a college football fan I believe its my right and responsibility to downplay and point out injustices of the current BCS layout at every opportunity, right or wrong, until this foolish and selfish way to determine a 'champion' is abolished.:thumbsup:

Carry on

• Like Like x 1