Oh no, not again...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LambeauLeap04, Jul 29, 2010.

1. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Oh no, not again...

In case anyone hasn't seen this already:

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28683

Cliffs:

- apparently progression is flawed BIGTIME
    - in one dynasty simmed to 2015, there were NO teams rated an A...the two best teams were only rated B+ and there were 25 teams rated D-.....yep, 25.
    - superpower teams like tOSU are graduating RS seniors and 3 year starters rated only in the high 70's
    - way too many decent teams have kickers in the 40's with accuracy and power below 50...
    - teams like Purdue and Northwestern get beat by FCS teams because their talent is almost on an equal scale to those teams...
    - computer recruiting logic is abysmal (i guess no surprise there) with teams having 5 centers rated in the 80's and then having other positions with starters rated in the 40's/50's
    - EA just came out with a patch at 11 am EST for an unrelated issue, but mentioned there is a second patch in the works...for what purpose remains a mystery.
    - Ryno said he would bring up the issue next week with his contact at EA and there are others trying to bring attention to the issue.
    - Some are optimistic that this can easily be remedied with a patch...but if OD's are already in progress, what will the effects be?

In summary, basically when all the players now in the game graduate, the talent level of teams goes down the drain. Awesome.

Lets just hope EA fixes this appropriately with a patch, or this dynasty isn't going to be much fun...

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Last year, EA patched an over progression issue where everyone was improving by +/- 5 points on their overall at the end of the year.. This patch was also effective for online dynasties that had already started..

So lets just hope the same concept works again this year

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

patch will fix everything...well down the road anyways...its okay

trust me

4. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Thats true.

Ok good, I'm glad you're optimistic about it. When I first heard about the issue yesterday, I was so bummed. The gameplay is night and day better than previous NCAA's so the last thing I wanted to hear was another HUGE issue that made the game border-line unplayable.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Honestly, I'm not that concerned about CPU logic with this dynasty. It's sucks, but we are user-game heavy, 1 conference OD so it's not gonna affect us as bad.

What concerns me is our teams not being able to replenish what crap talent we have cause 2* guys basically don't amount to much. It will still be even cause we all will be at the same disadvantage, but I afraid we won't have diversity in who we are gonna recruit.

If a recruits skills aren't getting better then you're stuck with that ONE attribute most 2* guys have that made you take a flyer on them. Most of them are D or D- for the rest of their attributes. So, who in all honesty is gonna recruit a 2* TE because he has a C in Catch In Traffic and D's across the rest of the board.

I like recruiting with lower ranked teams because recruiting has a lot of thinking and strategy to it. But I can tell ya, if all I got to go on is 1 attribute it's gonna be speed and that's probably gonna be the basis for my decision 90% of the time.

Anyway, it's probably not a concern, I was just so pumped about speed not being the only thing that mattered this year, I'm probably reading warning signs where there aren't any.

6. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

I realize it won't affect us as much since we mainly play user v user games, but it still takes a lot of realism out of the picture which sucks. Plus, if our "prized" recruits (like some 3 stars and if we're lucky a 4 star) come in and have weak progression during their career its going to be really hard to build a solid team. We already know at least half of our recruiting classes will include a lot scrubs that are below a 60 ovr, but there needs to be at least a HOPE that some players bust out and become surprise contributors.

I don't know, maybe its just me that took this news so hard. I just remember having such fond memories of playing NCAA in its glory years (i think 04 with Larry Fitzgerald on the cover?) and rebuilding teams in dynasty mode. I remember only playing 4 or 5 games a season and simming the rest just so I can get through more years because I loved the challenge of recruiting as a lower prestige team so much. Once I got a team to a big bowl game or like a 4 star prestige I left to go to another bad program to build them up haha. I was like the Larry Brown of college football.

So I just hope this gets fixed because it is a glaring weakness to what seems to be an awesome version of NCAA.

Breath in.............breath out...................breath in..................breath out.:eek:

7. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Update

Very impressed with EA. This seems like no big deal now, and hopefully it will be fixed by next week...just in time for the GBN kickoff. Nice foresight CLW. And to G-Unit who assured this would be a piece of cake for them to fix.

Now I'm pumped for season.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

And the spill is contained...jobs are returning to the US...I won't cum in your mouth...and our country is awash with cash.

I hope EA fixes things. Sometimes it's nice to have options, though.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

I hate to rain on the parade but unless I missed it in the article (which is possible when reading it on a plane) I didn't see anything covering a progression issue.

10. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Last paragraph in the section describing the Live Tuning Packages

"Our first LTP should be arriving next week along with detailed notes on what the update contains. I can tell you that based on the collective feedback we've received, we will be carefully down-tuning the athleticism of defensive lineman and reduce the number of impressive picks by the big guys. We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues."

Its not much, but at least they are aware of the issue...I think.

11. Proof21

Proof21 Walk On

We'll see! I hope it fixes it..nothing like recruiting a kicker with D- KPW and KAC.

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

And I was just getting used to the idea of a RB never turning the corner on sweeps...

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Damn i was about to go old school and have my qb be punter and kicker as well.

14. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

That's going back in the day like East Room cheese. BDawg was famous for putting a safety or WR at punter and just cheezing like he's a mouse. Glad he's toned it down to only using hijacked cheat cards.

15. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Ah the fresh smell of cheddar. It has to be that time of year again when the GBN is about to get started.