Oh No

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by Bondzai, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

2. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Come to Chicago Dwight! You can be the black Luc Longley!

• Like Like x 1
  3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Bondzai007

Dwight Howard is not going anywhere. I have listened to Bill Simmons discuss this many times. Howard wants to go to the Lakers, but that can't really happen. For that to happen the Magic should force the Lakers to trade Odom and Gasol/Bynum to the Magic. The Lakers cannot really sign Howard in free agency because they are way over the cap now, and if the players break and there is a hard cap that Lakers' team is going to look a whole differently when basketball resumes. Dru50 isn't that what Simmons was saying earlier this summer.

Simmons also believes the Celtics have a shot at Howard, but that team will consist of Howard and Rando, two guys who can't shoot if their lives depended on it, plus a bunch of stiffs. Maybe his best bet is NYK, and run with Amare and Carmelo, but he probably will have to leave some money on the table for that one. His best bet is to force a trade, but if that happens the Magic should hold up Mitch Kupchak at gun point to get what they want in return. Otherwise he is going to be in the Magic Kingdom for a while, and based on the article he can do more to help the Magic win a title, work on his free throw shooting.

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Bill Simmons, while amusing, is hardly a soothsayer. But I agree wholeheartedly, would you like to know what else you can do? Become just an average NBA free throw shooter, and add nearly 2 points per game to your scoring line and take away the option for them to just foul you when you get the ball deep.

5. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Bondzai007

I don't think you have anything to worry about, I'll bet when the lockout ends next summer there will be a system in place that allows teams to prevent one player from ever leaving, ala the franchise tag in the NFL. With the players not accepting the owners final offer I foresee the owners folding up shop until the players accept a deal worse than the 50-50 split they turned down Thursday.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Derek Fisher/Billy Hunter must die.... maybe their are some extra, 'behind the scenes' type numbers we don't know about but 50/50 seems fair to me. I always thought, if I give you half, we're even... maybe that math only works in NJ

7. Dru50

I agree - players started at 57%, owners first offer was 43% - how is a 50/50 split not equitable as a compromise?

I hope they are prepared when the owners make them take 45% or less of BRI down the road....the part I don't get is what leverage the players think they have left to force a deal. Once the owners are willing to lose games the players are screwed.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You are forgetting that the players don't believe the owners should make a profit. Thus, a 50/50 split is totally unreasonable

9. Dru50

Yeah, I missed the memo where NBA franchises suddenly became non-profit entities...

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Amare Stoudamire was on Mike & Mike last week talking about the players creating their own league, LOL.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah he's basically insane.

12. Dru50

I want there to be cameras in the room when the guys who are the 'owners' of that league are negotiating how much they'll pay the 'players'. That would be entertaining.