Oh Richard....

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Kasper, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If you didn't see it, go find it.

Some good discussion in the chat box, we should have talks like this in a forum as well I think.

Keller
    MoonBBad
    MartyWebb
    biggcoug65
    IrishBearcat
    Hova
    KnightNoles

Just some of the guys I saw in the chat box... I was surprised how many people liked the cockiness and childish professionalism after the game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Lol.. way to pretend you don't after you just argued about it for 15 minutes man. Bravo.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

What I don't like about the whole deal.

If Lebron were to publicly call out some of the dudes that try to guard him in the NBA, he would get eaten alive by everybody- bashed, ridiculed, and generally condemned. Someone said thats because Lebron gets burrhurt when he gets negative attention. I can tell you if I was an athlete I wouldn't be embracing a bunch of negative shit the way Sherman does (as if that second sentence matters at all, just my two cents).

4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

His interview with EA after the game was intense, but I totally get it, he had a ton of adrenaline going, plus he just saved the game for his team in the NFC Championship game against a heated rival in both team and player. I respect his game, and if him talking like that helps his game then that's what he has to do, I can't say I would do the same but I totally understand

5. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

My biggest fear isn't him talking trash, but two things.

The relentless coverage of the interview for the next two weeks.

When he does start regressing as a cornerback, all the piling on that will be done by the media.

• Like Like x 1
  6. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

and you may call it childish, but at the same time, how many of us have dreamed of making a big play to give our team a victory in a Championship or Super Bowl, I know I thought about that stuff when I was a little kid running around in my Barry Sanders Pumps. So maybe he just reverted back a little to that kid with a dream and went nuts

• Like Like x 1
  7. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

since the Niners lost to the Seahawks, I can't bear to watch Sports or TV for the next few weeks anyway

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

If you don't want a guy to pop off, don't interview him 30 seconds after making the play of his career to send his team to the super bowl.

• Like Like x 5
  9. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

10. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

This.

For all the people slinging racial slurs and insults of being "hood", "thug", etc. they should really do their homework. Their comments are projection to the exact definition. Sad and unfortunate.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

The media encourages this type of behavior. The media wants MORE and MORE access to players and coaches. What do they expect? They know this is going to sell which is why they do it. Then they turn around and blast players for not being professional.

12. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

agreed, damn the media

13. IrishBearcat

Yup. He's a professional FOOTBALL PLAYER. It's a violent, emotional, and heated sport. If you have a problem with the best CB in the game sounding off on a guy who tried to fight him at a banquet and making a play on said fighter to punch his team's ticket to the Super Bowl.... umm it's because you've never been there and 99% never will.

It's also ironic that the media will benefit HUGELY from this, but be the first ones to roast him when his play finally does decline. He does need to be careful in this case, but he's pretty intelligent. Every word and move he makes is calculated and with a purpose. I became a fan last night.

14. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I would like to see the article about him and Crabtree almost getting in a fight at Fitz's charity event, one that goes into depth not just Sherman's brother saying they almost got into a fight

15. IrishBearcat

16. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I became a Richard Sherman fan after that interview.

• Like Like x 2
  17. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

lol, this is exactly what I said I didn't want to see... "According to Richard Sherman's brother, Sherman walked up to Crabtree and tried to shake his hand, then Crabtree tried to fight him..." there is ZERO depth to this and quite frankly is left completely up to speculation, people don't just fight one another for a handshake at a charity event

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And I don't care for the thread - plus the GIF is awesome. I already spoke my mind in CB :)

19. IrishBearcat

Crabtree's known to be a huge DIVA. Maybe it's not true, who knows. The point is more of that we lack knowledge of the entire story and history between them.

Regardless if it exists or not, I don't think Sherman step out of line at all with his post-game interview.

20. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I get that Crab is a diva, and I have no problems at all with what Sherman said after the game, but I just get that feeling that Sherman is one of those "mocking good game, good play" type guys if you know what I'm sayin' which can be agitating

21. IrishBearcat

You could be right there. His position requires supreme confidence that he is the best player on the field (check), he gets in the heads of the opposition (check), and being the best in the game he wants to get as many targets as possible. Does pissing people off to "put you in your place" accomplish this? Absolutely! (discount double check).

He's a genius when it comes to football, period.

22. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

bunch of pussies... All you people complaining about this is what's wrong with america.

We need more attitude and personalities in sports and less of the same canned responses.

• Like Like x 2
  23. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

who is complaining?

• Like Like x 1
  24. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Apparently, even Rush Limbaugh was supporting him like crazy.

25. IrishBearcat

You would bring politics into this! :p