Oh, This Sucks!!

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by jmillhimes, Jun 2, 2009.

1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Oh, This Sucks!!

So, my wife and I have been living in Sugarland Tx for about 3 years now. I signed up last year at LA Fitness. I met the owner of a local Smoothie Factory there and we became pretty good friends. No BFF shit. Just cool to hang out with and stuff. Guy was ripped and was always at the gym. His business was never busy. I went there from time to time. THEN.......THIS COMES OUT..

Operation Farmacia de Juicy Phruit is the code name for the major steroid bust in Houston led by the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Department involving the arrest of 73 defendants. The “largest narcotics operation in the history of Fort Bend County†primarily involved the arrest of personal trainers, their clients, bodybuilders, a professional bodybuilder and a gym owner in the Houston area. Many of the arrests only involved steroid possession. The steroid network was characterized by Sheriff Milton Wright as a “loose knit†network of individuals involved in fitness/bodybuilding who distributed steroids through “word of mouthâ€ÂÂ. The total amount of steroids sold over a period of about six years was estimated to have been $643,924 (â€ÂÂAuthorities round up drug suspects,†May 27).

“It’s one of these things where they’ve got their friends on speed-dial. They need a certain product, they give them a call and so forth,†Wright said. “They just know each other. A lot of times they know each other by nicknames. They are well-connected to each other in that respect.â€ÂÂ

The steroid operation originated with Brock Falkenhagen, owner of Fitness Associates and Smoothie Factory in Sugar Land, when his activities came to the attention of law enforcement in late 2006 for importing and distributing GeneScience Jintropin brand human growth hormone (HGH). Falkenhagen also allegedly manufactured and distributed anabolic steroids from some time in 2001 through September 7, 2007. Falkenhagen was well-connected in the Sugar Land / Stafford / Missouri City / Houston area fitness community and was friendly with several personal trainers and bodybuilding contest promoters. Some of Falkenhagen’s friends are rumored to have been arrested today. Charles Brock Falkenhagen was listed a a co-defendants on the sealed indictments of all 22 defendants indicted by the federal grand jury in April 2009; the names of Falkenhagen’s co-defendants were redacted in unsealed court documents.

[​IMG]
    Brock Falkenhagen, Owner
    19800 Southwest Freeway
    Sugar Land, TX. 77479
    (281)342-5205

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Were you on his speed dial? When I was in school circa 93 we knew the guy at the GNC sold cycles and there were a couple of people at Golds Gym in which you could get it. Everybody knew it... nobody did anything about it. And this is a small town Orono Maine population 25,000 when school is in.

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I hope not. Trust me, Im a six pack and less 40 pounds to be anywhere near ripped