Ohio st At Texas

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Apr 7, 2011.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

When we DO this?
    @mboda

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im curious to see how your triplehorn works against a better defense than my Bruins!

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

It will be interesting. I have not been that good with it in online ranked games. But then there are no teams with 5 99 overall O-linemen for me to practice with.

4. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

@mboda

I am on now if you want to play

5. mboda

mboda Walk On

ill be on in 10 minutes

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

gg,

I would love to know your fall forward secret, you are the only one in the league that does it so consistantly. I have yet to find the correct combination of events to get those 2-3 extra yards. I assume it has something to do with using or not using turbo, but I don't know if the buttons are pressed before or after contact. Sometimes it looks like a stiff arm, sometimes it doesnt. I have yet to find the magic combination.

You certainly know how to stop the triple option (dont tell anyone).

7. mboda

mboda Walk On

GG

I dont really notice that i fall forward all the time. Im guessing it has alot to do with my backs the last couple of years. As for how to stop the triple option, its fast linebackers that are good tacklers ;)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I know the secret to stop the triple option...run with Ohio State!

• Like Like x 1
  9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I just noticed your HBs have a surge after contact which drags the Defensive player a few extra yards and only group tackles stop it. I have had some good power backs, and sometimes I can get the after contact surge, I just have not worked out the correct order to do it as consistantly as the Ohio st RBs. ( I seem to be copying all the things you do that I see work against me, Big part of why I switch to multiple defense this year )

You may not have realized you found the Triple options weakness, or maybe perhaps I am wrong about your playcalls and your players instincts and speed is the difference. I often audible off the Triple option just based on how the defense was lined up. I definitely should have abandoned challenging your base defense much sooner.